4.0 out of 5 stars just questions and answers
i was hoping that this workbook would resemble a study guide. instead its simply a book containing questions and answers that may or may be similar to what you'll find on the dosimetry exam. this would be a great way to study for the exam. but don't expect through explainations of answers.
Published on October 21, 2007 by yay the furnace works

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated
Published on March 22, 2012 by Keegan

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated, March 22, 2012
This review is from: Medical Dosimetry Certification Study Guide (Paperback)
This book is very outdated. I have been a Radiation Therapist for 7 years and I am currently studying for my Dosimetry boards which I will be taking in several months. Many of my answers to the questions are based on real world experience in the clinical setting. I found many of the answers to these questions to coincide with what I have personally seen and performed.

This test question based book was created in 2004; 8 years ago. Many advancements have been made in the world of Radiation Oncology since this time. For this reason, many of the answers are simply outdated.

So if you are going to use this book stick to the questions based on things that really haven't changed much in 8 years. Dose calcuations, Isodose Distributions, Brachytherapy, Measurement of Ionizing Radiation; to name a few.

Another issue is the format of the quesitons. Too many true/false questions, not enough multiple choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars just questions and answers, October 21, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars Exam Review, October 28, 2007
Cory (Puerto Rico, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medical Dosimetry Certification Study Guide (Paperback)
This book of questions has been very useful,so far, in reviewing all the many topics in physics and dosimetry that will be needed for the certification exam. It gives you a good idea of what you really have to study more and what you really know well, as for taking the exam.

1.0 out of 5 stars need more explanation, March 11, 2014
This review is from: Medical Dosimetry Certification Study Guide (Paperback)
not very helpfull explaning the question and answers. answers to questions are not easy to look up and out of order

5.0 out of 5 stars nice book, February 24, 2006
This review is from: Medical Dosimetry Certification Study Guide (Paperback)
My buddy Pete owns this book. I had a look at it myself. I think it is really cool.

Medical Dosimetry Certification Study Guide
Medical Dosimetry Certification Study Guide by K. N. Govinda Rajan (Paperback - April 2004)
$40.00 $37.03