Top positive review
18 people found this helpful
Note from the Publisher
on March 17, 2010
Dear Kindle Readers,
1. At this time (September, 2010) the encyclopedia is compatible with the Kindle Reading Device ONLY. It is NOT compatible with the Kindle for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, BlackBerry, and Android.
2. Please make sure you have at least 100MB of free memory before downloading the paid version to the Kindle Device.
3. To search for a word, just start typing the word. The alphabetical list of available articles is updated as you type.
4. Text-to-speech is disabled (text-to-speech Kindle function is not compatible with books in dictionary format at this time).
5. Every time you add a new book to your library, the Kindle indexes the book. Indexing is necessary for searching books and cannot be disabled. At times, this process can slow down the Kindle significantly and can even freeze your device. To avoid this, simply charge the Kindle overnight after you download a large book. The Kindle will index the book while it is being charged.
If you notice that Kindle has slowed down significantly, please restart the Kindle: HOME > MENU > SETTINGS > MENU > RESTART Then charge the Kindle overnight to allow indexing.