Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on August 31, 2011
Lots of important detail. A book I will keep for future business and regular life applications. It covers subjects well, but also does a good job of offering information for a class that is an overview and limited by just the 3 credits we had for this class. I gained a lot of education from this text.
on November 28, 2014
Filled with superfluous case studies that are irrelevant or inappropriate in the context of the chapter they appear. The cross-referencing capability is impossible with this book. There is redundant information 'verbatim' from one chapter to the next. Clearly, the author was getting paid by the page! Don't rely on this book to learn medical law.
on August 2, 2015
I had to read this for my Medical Record class. The title pretty much speaks for itself...it explains the HIPPA, OSHA, and other government-regulated laws that medical professionals must follow. Each chapter starts with a story about an ethical situations that challenges readers to decide what they would have done in the situation. There are also questions and discussion guides at the end of each chapter. It is a useful textbook for one who needs to know the legal aspects of the medical field.
on August 15, 2008
Provides essential legal and ethical principle for anyone pursuing a healthcare career. It provides a foundation of all the essentials including the legal system, the patient/physician relationship, professional liability and medical malpractice prevention, public duties of the physician, the medical record, confidentialiy, bioethical issues and HIPAA. Great resource for those seeking a career in HIT/HIM.
on May 19, 2013
Taking Medical Law and Bioethics this semester and my school offers most books in ebook form which I hate. This is allowing me to make notations in the book itself as well as highlight. Good class too, even if you aren't taking Med Law, it's a good book to learn about your rights as a patient.
on July 11, 2015
There were nine pages torn out of my daughter's used textbook and she didn't discover it until she got to that chapter in the book. Moral to this story... Check to make sure all the pages are there when you first get the book so you'll have time to get a new one!
on April 5, 2013
I love this book! This was for a class with the University of Phoenix HCS/430. The class was amazing. The textbook was even better. Real life case examples, real life ethical considerations, and even "what-ifs."
on April 17, 2013
I was taking a class online without a book. This book helped me understand the concept of Medical Law and was at my fingertips. The book was in great condition and arrived in time to be very useful.
on November 14, 2012
Good academic text book, but this edition is a bit dated. Nevertheless, it is excellent reference resource that does effectively highlight the basics of medical law and ethics. I have used it as reference material for several classes and will likely continue to do so.
on March 26, 2012
I would recommend this book for those of you that are taking Medical Law and Ethics. Very good information included, and by all means take the HIPAA exam if your school offers it. The writer did an amazing job, and I would order from the seller again. Very satified.