4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to meditation
Published on March 28, 2005 by CE Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars A very basic introduction
This CD would be useful to a beginner with little or no previous introduction to the subject. I had hoped it would have more in the way of guided meditations, but the few guided meditations provided are really too brief to be of much use beyond, again, a most basic introduction to the concept. It's worth borrowing from the library.
For a really good foundation in the...
Published on April 28, 2002 by AfroAmericanHeritage

3.0 out of 5 stars A very basic introduction, April 28, 2002
This review is from: Meditation for Optimum Health: How to Use Mindfulness and Breathing to Heal (Audio CD)
For a really good foundation in the process, I'd suggest Jack Kornfield's THE INNER ART OF MEDITATION.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to meditation, March 28, 2005
CE Johnson (Lakewood, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This is a solid introduction to the practice of meditation. The first disc features Weil and Kabat-Zinn giving background information about meditation. The second disc features guided meditations. Like any spiritual practice, the more information an individual gets, the better he or she becomes at that practice. This set of discs is a good starting point that will get a person going into meditation immediately, which might lead the listener to pursue additional materials about spirituality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fundamental information about meditation, November 15, 2003
Rupert Valentino (Denver, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
Anyone who is looking for a way to relax, and to just get the basic rundown of what meditation is all about, this recording will give you just that. Sit for awhile and listen to Dr. Weil's kind voice and that alone will have you feeling relaxed. John Kabat-Zinn is a little odd, I really respect his vast knowledge and practical advice, but his take on things seems a bit surreal. I recommend this for anyone who is in need of a practical, if basic guide to meditation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners, November 5, 2005
Donna Grayson "Donna G. Grayson" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I am just a beginner at Meditation, and I am trying to learn this for my health.

I think this is a good CD to listen to if you are just starting out. I got some good ideas from this recording, and I am sure I will be able to use what they taught.

4.0 out of 5 stars helping hand, June 7, 2007
this is a great cd. you just listen to it and follow the instructions and can actually learn to meditate. great

2.0 out of 5 stars breathless, April 12, 2007
This CD was recommended to me and I have heard good things about Dr. Weil, but I have to say the CD's were a let down. The lecture was too long and i thought it would have been better to simply be text. The actual breathing exercises were not that inspiring and quite short. Although it was instructional to go through the breathing exercises along with the CD it would have been better if that part was expanded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and highly usable, February 24, 2006
Angie (Madison, Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
Terrific 2 CD set - enjoyable to listen to, highly informative, short and sweet. You are on your way to using the techniques immediately. Nice addition to my "arsenal" of self-healing techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceeded expectations, December 16, 2012
I bought this CD thinking I'd have something to meditate to. Honestly, I haven't even listened to the second CD yet (which has guided meditations on it) because I've been so satisfied with the first CD (in which the two guys talk about the theory behind meditation and how to meditate). I've listened to the first CD over and over, because their soothing voices bring down my distress level. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Team!, October 4, 2008
Dr. Andrew Weil and Jon Kabot-Zinn are two of the best in their fields. They make a great team!! The information continues to help me keep my focus and grow in awareness of myself and my world. Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to mindfulness and meditation, June 6, 2013
Has some great teaching about mindfulness and some great beginners meditations. I definitely recommend this product if you are trying to find out more about mindfulness/meditation.

Meditation for Optimum Health: How to Use Mindfulness and Breathing to Heal