Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 10, 2013
I bought the audio book of this, and am not even sure if it is in book form. I highly recommend the audio version, though, and that is what I am rating. Eckhart Tolle has most definitely obtained a level of knowledge and understanding about "life" that all of humanity strives to know. In his normal patient, loving, all-knowing way, he gently explains why he does not define 'meditation' in the way most spiritual teachers do. And his logic is so simple and full of common sense that it's a little crazy to think of all the people who "try hard to meditate" and get frustrated in the process. While he pays great respect to various techniques that have been taught and practiced over thousands of years, and even guides you through the benefits of some of them, he then stays true to his message of just "living in the now" as being the only meditation anyone needs at all. He does an excellent job of explaining how to be the observer of your thoughts rather than letting your thoughts control you. I just love this CD/audio book. I listen to it about once a month and get something new out of it every time. What a beautiful, loving, blissful man.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2014
The teachings on these CDs are great as are all Eckhart's teachings. The problem is that it is just 2 CD's taken from Eckhart's 10 CD set, "Creating a New Earth". There is no warning that this is recycled material, and since I already have "Creating a New Earth", I wasted my money ordering something I already have. I should also note that I ordered this item from the Book Depository in UK, and that it was not well packaged but mailed only in a thin, unpadded cardboard mailer. As a result, when the CDs arrived, the plastic jewel case was badly broken.
on March 31, 2013
I always get something new from each of his CDs and just listening to his voice is meditative for me. In this cd, he talks about meditation objects and how we can use the many distractions in our daily lives as opportunities for meditation. My favorite Tolle cd is still Practicing the Power of Now.
on April 29, 2014
I was expecting more of an instructional cd on meditation, but this is more general information about different types of meditation. The one thing I did glean from the cd, was not to try so hard to meditate. Not to try to "get to someplace", but enjoy the stillness, and whatever happens is part of the meditation.
on September 19, 2013
I love Eckahart Tolle and have read many of his books. I wanted a meditation, but this is more like a talk.
on June 27, 2014
I liked these CD's. They are not "meditation" CD's, but they are lectures about different types and methods of meditation. They are very true to his teachings on Oprah and his books.
on August 5, 2013
This is the best meditation practice I've found, and I've looked at plenty of them. Eckhart Tolle cuts past the all-to-common mumbo jumbo in would-be spiritual practices, gets down to what works.
on September 23, 2014
I got a few ideas from this CD, but it does not deliver what it promises. I didn't hear anything about "practicing meditation in every moment of your life".
on February 9, 2015
I always had difficulty in meditation practices because my mind was so busy. I love that Eckhart's definition of meditation is about staying present in each moment as we go about our day. The stillness connection while moving through life.
on June 28, 2014
All the masters say it in sound. Plato scoffed at the written word, the gospel of John argues that the beginning was sound, Upanishads means we sit and LISTEN, the list goes on. I drove home on the motorway listening to Tolle reading his own book, The Power of Now. When I got home, the chattering voice in my head vanished. I thought it was all nonsense before that drive home.

That night, I got in the bath and I stared at the ceiling for a long time. The surrounding was different. I guess that this is what being present means. I have never had that sort of thing happen to me by reading words. It is ironic that are civilisation is based on the printed word when the spoken word is closer to the true place we want to get to.

So Tolle in audio is definitely a must.