Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Meditation by spiritual sound
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 26, 2013
I enjoy meditation and find that mantras and other sounds can help with focus or direction or depth, and so was looking forward to what this book had to say. Unfortunately, it was heavily focused on chanting "Hare Krishna" and explaining why this is the most perfect sound ever for meditation (it's the name of god, according to the authors), and didn't address other sounds or even personal mantras.
on November 25, 2013
started to read first chapter when it all of the sudden starts spouting nothing but hare krishna.VERY misleading title. It should be called "Worshiping Hare Krishna by sound".
on June 5, 2013
I admit I have not finished this yet, and when I do I will update this review. What I learned fairly early on is this book is not so much about meditation as it is about embracing the author's religion and all of the baggage that goes with it. The only reason I will finish reading is because I feel every religion has something to offer and I will see what this one offers that I can use.

Quick update: June 10, 2013. I am afraid I will not finish this book for a proper review. While I believe every religion has something to offer, this book offers nothing to be worth the time it would cost to finish reading. I am removing it from my kindle.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
This has been, for me, the book that put everything in place.
From the first page it catched completely my attention. I never put it down util I finished it, but I'm reading it again and again.
It kindly dragged me from my materialistic being to the real me that I had forgotten. My appreciation to the writer. (And to Amazon for the book was free).
on September 3, 2012
Like this book. Very simple and cognitive. Recommend to try it. But only for non-beginners. Beginners should be ready for book like this and have to do a lot of work before. For example, at first to understand what actually meditation is. Begin from a crossing or the drop's history by Anatoliy Obraztsov. And then without any doubts try this book.
on January 4, 2013
I read this just as a diversion from the regular books i read. It was a good inspiration to get me start meditating again.
on May 15, 2013
Maybe it's just me but this is just one more "how to..." I guess I'm looking for a bit more in my journey.
on February 2, 2015
GOOD BOOK ON MEDITATION. Its also about spirituality
on February 20, 2013
I enjoyed this book on Meditation by spiritual sound very en-lighting I will recommend it to my family and friends.
on January 27, 2015
I never ordered this, don't know why asking me for a review??????