Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 30, 2014
I started listening to the meditations today. I like the recording very much, the music is relaxing and Dr. Dispenza's. Voice is pleasant to me. I downloaded this in MP3 from joedispenza.com for $4.95, so if you like digital recordings this is the way to go.
on November 16, 2013
The meditations are helpful, correlating to the book text, however, they did not resonate with me particularly. They need to be used understanding the purpose intended---as stated in the title. Each person's response will be different, of course. There are two guided meditations to achieve the directive. You have to be willing to work with a guided presentation with a person's voice guiding the thought process.
on February 22, 2014
I read the book and I find it informative, but not very easy to read. The CD is not for me. I don't like how it sounds. It is not relaxing for me because of that. In a deep relaxation introduction you have to like the voice, the speed, the music, and the combination between the volume of the voice and music.
on September 7, 2015
I bought my copy of these two meditations directly from Dr. Joe’s website as a download for $4.95 for the both of them, instead of $14.82 for the CD that’s listed here. He must have read your criticisms and re-recorded it, because the sound quality is decent enough for an mp3 file: 44.1 kHz at 192 kbps (one reviewer here said the CD audio quality was VERY bad). And, there is none of the offending sibilance (hissing sounds) in evidence. His website says, “new edition now includes an introduction by Dr. Joe & new song,” which implies that he must have issued a new recording of these two meditations. So you might want to avoid the older version listed here.

That said, the biggest problem I had with these new files is the darn gongs going off. There are three of them in each meditation, one for each week of the program. For the fourth week, you're supposed to meditate through to the end. The induction portion of the meditation does a great job of getting you very relaxed. Then, instead of letting you drift peacefully into the next section (Week 2, if you’re following along with the book) you are hit on the head with a sonic bomb, bringing you right out of your trance. Kinda defeats the purpose of a deep meditation, doesn’t it?

My solution was to open the files in a sound editor, isolate the offending gong sounds, and then replace those sections with matching sections from the original music. This was quite a bit of work, but at least now I can either stop when I hear him introducing the next script, or drift peacefully into the next week’s lesson without being gonged over the head. To me, the gongs were a real mood killer when you’re trying to stay in a meditative state.

Sorry, Dr. Joe. No more gongs for you, OK?
44 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2014
I'm sorry but I ordered this CD. The first one I received I thought it was defective. I returned it and ordered another one. It was defective also. The side that says Body Parts-Space had an awful sound quality with rattling noises. The concept he was trying to convey was good but the CD's sound quality is very poor. The sound quality of the second CD was okay, although visualizing water over my head is not for me. I'm not a swimmer either so that doesn't resonate well with me. I tried this CD both times in three different players by the way. If he decided to redo it with better sound quality, only then, will it be a winner. I was very disappointed.
on August 6, 2015
Using this CD has been amazing. After reading the book and doing all of the writing assignments, I was able to expand my self-awareness 10 fold. I am a school social worker who has been doing spiritual work for more than 30 years. Amazingly, I learned so much about my subconscious feelings and thoughts. I have been doing the meditations for 30 days. I have to say, that they are transforming my mind and my life. I have already shared the book. I will soon share the meditations with others. I highly recommend this tool.
on April 26, 2014
I have read almost all of Dr. Joe's books and each one seems to build upon the other. His work is powerful and totally life changing. Getting all of the different meditations that he offers will truly help in Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself....the programs that run our lives have been apart of our lives for a really long time, and we are mostly oblivious to them...limbic brain at work....now you have some tools to "CHANGE" the program!
on September 25, 2014
Yuck! I hate to sssssay it but thissss CD sssssucksssss. The music isssss great, his voice issss calming, the guiding isssss well done but why he drawsssssss out all hisssssss S'ssssssss is beyond me. Not ALL of them, mind you, but enough to really ruin the meditation. If he explained the need for it, like, ".... the brain responds to S'sssssssss and the meditation workssssss better becaussssse I drag them out....???" I tried a week of alternating the two cd'sssss and I can't flippin' relax becaussssse every long ssssssssssssss isssss ssssssso ANNOYING!!! Wisssssh I could have previewed. P.Sssssssss. if you think thisssss review isssss annoying whatever you do, DON'T but the cd'ssssss.
1111 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2016
First off, you can get this recording for MUCH cheaper on Dr Joe's website. The download is around $5.
I'm glad I didn't spend more than that. I tried very hard to work with these meditations because I love the work Dr Joe is doing.
But to be honest, after a few weeks of really trying, I found Dr Dispenza's voice to be a clanging in my head. I need either silence to meditate or a soft, mellow voice with several spaces of long silence. Adyashant might be a good example. Dr Joe really needs to have someone else do these recordings for him. The script for the meditation is in the book. So you can read it there and then incorporate it into your meditation in a way that suits you. I made an effort to record this meditation for myself with a few tweaks. Still didn't work of me. So I just listen to it once in awhile while I'm doing the dishes or something and then go into silence for my actual meditation. Dr Joe lost me at "tugging on the garment of the devine" and "admit to it" I guess the thing that really draws me to Dr Joe's work is the science behind it. I'm thrilled to learn that I can rewire my brain, but the idea that I'm tugging on the garment of the devine does not resonate with me at all. So if you get the book, read the meditation in the back of the book before you decide to buy this recording. Then, if you still think you might find it useful, don't spend this much, go to his website and download it for a third of the price. His teachings are powerful, his meditation as he records it, is just so distracting to me.
on October 31, 2014
This is the meditation that goes with Dr. Joe Dispenza's book, Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself. I wish it came with the book. The meditation is intense and need to be done daily.