4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to tote, but muscles a plus
Published on June 30, 2007 by C.S.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality control
Published on June 25, 2010 by Donald Peruzzi

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to tote, but muscles a plus, June 30, 2007
Compared to a regular wheelchair with the big tires, this one is a lot easier to get in and out of your car as well as cruising through small areas a regular one has trouble with. A regular wheelchair is easier to push because of the big wheels, but this chair is still fairly easy to push. Uphill and all-terrain driving requires some muscle power that may limit some weaker "pushers" but overall its not too bad. I definitely appreciate the breaking mechanism on this little chair too -- downhill is not as scary and speed can be maintained. Also, this chair can pop wheelies over doorstops, gaps and curbs a bit easier than some of the bigger chairs, and the little foot pegs on the back help with that. I would have liked the pocket to be wider on the back, since the size really limits what you can stuff in there. Don't plan on packing a sandwich or a piece of fruit, more like some crackers and a fruit roll-up or other small items. However, the price is great, since it's a lot cheaper than renting a wheelchair for only 2 months. Too bad they didn't come out with a chair with a 14" tire, since that might help with some of the pushing effort you exert with chairs with smaller tires. Overall, I think we made a good choice with this chair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra light wheelchair, January 9, 2007
P. Cook (Sunny, Florida) - See all my reviews
This is a beautiful, lighweight wheelchair. It stated good for weight of up to 300 pounds. My husband is about 270 and it was a little tight. This is a great chair but did not work for us because my husband's leg needed to be extended and the footrests did not extend. THis is not a negative for the chair, but just did not work for us. It arrived SUPERFAST. I would recommend it for anyone who was a little less than 250 pounds and did not need to elevate their leg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, November 26, 2006
Joan (Estero, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I received this chair only two days after ordering!! It is wonderful, lightweight, easy to fold and collapse and also open up for use.Fits easily into side sliding door of our Toyota Sienna. I have some difficulty applying the brakes but feel when newness wears off they will be a little easier to use. Same product is much more expensive in local med supply store. Wonderful purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality control, June 25, 2010
The second time the chair was used, total travel distance of about 500 to 600 feet, the right front tire split apart down the middle and some foamy material ground out and into our carpet. When I checked the left tire it felt very spongy and appeared that it, too, would probably have come apart very soon. I returned the item and did not reorder. Please note that I have given this item a one star rating only because the form would not accept a zero star rating. This item was manufactured in China, as are most of the wheelchairs. However, I checked the same brand, Medline, at a local Medical Supply store and the tires seemed to be made of solid rubber rather than the spongy feeling tires on the "Mail Order" item.

4.0 out of 5 stars My mother (and I) are quite pleased., August 14, 2010
SHEILA (CLEBURNE, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
At the nursing home, my mother uses a standard walker, but on outings she needs something she can sit on. We tried a rollator/transport chair but it was uncomfortable beyond the first 15 minutes. So, I chose this chair. I had hoped it folded up more compactly, which is why I chose the one where the handles folded down. That really didn't help, so I'd suggest you may save some money without that option. However, my mother is quite pleased with the comfort. I drive a small car (Nissan Versa, a hatchback), that will accept this chair easily if the seats are down. It is not terribly heavy for this 60 year old, but it is a bit cumbersome. I would prefer it if the feet supports would fold back and stay out of the way (and attached), but that is a small annoyance. I bought a cushion, but don't use it, and the "backpack" I bought was also unnecessary, as there is a large pocket on the back of the seat. I do like the convenience of the hand brakes, and they hold well, once I realized I had to press hard to set them. It rolls smoothly, and one day, while I had one hand loaded with a purchase that would not fit in my mother's lap, I was able to roll and steer it easily (slowly) through the entire store without injuring one other shopper or my mother. It handles thresholds well, unlike the rollator, as the wheels are large enough to take them easily. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a temporary use of a transport chair. I cannot attest to how it would travel on public transport (such as bus or air planes), so look to others on that.

I discovered that a bike rack that straps onto the trunk or hatchback door works well with this chair, freeing up the back seat. The racks for transporting wheelchairs start at $200, but this little 2-bike rack was $35 at Acadamy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Red Wheelchair - Great Buy - great product, August 9, 2007
Karen Decoux (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This was a purchase for my Mom who came to town for a visit. She cannot walk distances. This wheelchair is red and it is very attractive. Transport means just that, someone else does the pushing - there are no big back wheels that allow the rider to push themselves - also why it's more compact and cute. Very sytlish. We were able to do so much more with my Mom that we would not have been able to do otherwise - Braves game, the Aquarium, CNN studio tour (btw, does not allow strollers), Centennial Park - watching the kids play in the water rings, World of Coke... It's great for airport use too - just gatecheck it. It is so lightweight & compact - can probably fit in any trunk. If it were not so cute, I don't think my Mom would have allowed us to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Lightweight Transport Wheelchair, January 15, 2007
Actually bought 3 for different people. All very happy with

the quality, lightweight material and features of the wheelchairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent transport chair for the money, December 15, 2007
S. DeCosta (Staten Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This chair was delivered in three days with standard shipping! Assembly is minimal - just attach the removeable footrests. This is a surprisingly sturdy yet relatively light weight chair. It has a high quality appearance. The larger rear wheels make it easier to push. A nice feature is the dual-control wheel brakes/locks that can be operated by either the passenger or the pusher. One suggested addition: place a small cushion on the seat for greater comfort. We used this chair for a week traveling all around Disney World and it proved to be entirely satisfactory. I would highly recommend this chair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price !, March 2, 2006
This Medline Transport Wheelchair is a premium product and we like it a great deal - especially the larger rear wheels. The only minor disapointment was its overall width - about 1 1/2" wider than shown in the specifications. The price we paid on Amazon.com was a big plus - about $100 less than if we bought it at a retail store, and at least $40 less than anywhere else "on-line". Shipping was extremely fast (got it in about 4 days).

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Chair, May 1, 2007
Nice Chair. Very light weight, big back tires make it easy to go over door jams and such. Tires are composite so they don't require air. My Dad says it is a very comfortable chair(he should know since it's for him). It folds up will very little effort. The foot rests are adjustable with supplied wrench. We are very happy with this chair.

Medline Transport Wheelchair with Brakes, Red