5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful love story!
Published on October 22, 2012 by Delphina

3.0 out of 5 stars Medusa, A Love Story
I have such mixed feelings about Sasha Summers' Medusa, A Love Story that I hardly know where to begin. The piece hit the ground running so I started fairly optimistic. Unfortunately the book lost steam somewhere between points A and B and ultimately left me wanting. Don't get me wrong, I love how Summers adapted the mythology to her fiction, but the telling of it threw...
Published 22 months ago by Erin Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful love story!, October 22, 2012
I knew it was not going to be an HEA story. The little I knew about Medusa coming into this book made that clear. What I was not expecting was the depth of this beautiful, yet tragic love story. There was a time when they could finally be together and I wanted to close the book and pretend it was the end. Unfortunately or fortunately, as the case may be, I have no will power and found my self opening it again only a few minutes later. This was a beautifully written, emotionally poignant, and addictive book. I try to stay away from books where I just know it will not end well. I am so glad I did not, in this case.

I have a fascination, but not true knowledge of the ancient gods. From what I can tell, the author really did their homework when they wrote this book. It truly captured the way the ancient gods seemed to use humans as pawns in their games. If you had asked me a week ago, what I thought of Medusa, it would have been totally different than what I would say today. So much so, that I feel myself feeling bad for thinking so poorly of her before. To me, that is the sign of a great book. When I actually care about the characters as if they were real. Sasha did an amazing job with this retelling and I am so glad I was able to read it.

I was given a copy of this book to read and give an honest review of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Been waiting..., April 26, 2012
This review is from: Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I have been waiting for weeks for this book to come out and I was not disappointed. A tragic love story of great depth and heartbreak.
How Ariston pours his heart out to Hades brought tears to my eyes. Perfect for anyone who loves mythology and reading of the power of love.

5.0 out of 5 stars An epic tale of love, betrayal and redemption, June 4, 2012
Sasha Summers accomplishes far more than a retelling of the myths surrounding Perseus and Medusa. She has instead re-invented the tale into a plausible love story while staying true to the root legend which inspired it.

"Medusa, A Love Story" left me breathless. Ms. Summers' prose is heart wrenching in its tenderness and stunning in its lyricism. She humanizes Olympus's infamous bad girl and fleshes her into a fully dimensional character who is victimized through no fault of her own by a cast of arrogant, fickle gods. Yet, in the end, even the gods can be moved by love.

(If you're an mythology geek, your inner nerd will be fully satisfied. The author appears to have done her research.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Job Sasha!!, May 25, 2012
First of all, let's all take a look at this cover.........

I'm going to say that it depicts what's inside perfectly.

I haven't ever thought about Medusa outside of the ever ingrained images in my mind from Clash of the Titians. I'm talking the old Clash of the Titans with Harry Hamlin.

As I read this book, I looked up a little of the Greek Mythology surrounding Medusa, and it appears there is tale that she wasn't always the hideous creature that she became. Sasha Summers took this story and made it sweet, beautiful, sad and heartbreakingly gorgeous.

Medusa is the human daughter of Phorcys, a Sea Titan, who has bartered her more than once in her life. Now the Priestess to the Goddess Athena since she was a child, Medusa has lived a life of servitude, never being free to make her own choices. She and her guard, Artison start to fall in love, and all she longs for is to be free to be herself, and know this beautiful man that holds her heart.

Medusa is beautiful beyond measure, and Poseidon has set his sight on her, and will not back down until he has her, thus setting in motion all the evil games that are played at the cost of Artison and Medusa. Finally Medusa gains her freedom, and the first person she runs to is Artison. With only two days before he is to set out to war, they are finally able to be together. This was such a sweet time in the story, and I fell in love with Artison from the beginning. He was so sweet with Medusa, and their short time together was beautiful. And a short time would be all they would have.

The Gods seem to enjoy toying with others like pawns. ME INCLUDED!! There were times I had to stop reading because it was breaking my heart what was happening to these two. It was like there was constantly an obstacle, and the fates were not on their side. It seemed as though nothing good could possibly come of this story.

Sasha Summers did a beautiful job with her writing, and the characters. I'm really looking forward to the next book! If you like Greek Mythology I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Medusa - A Love Story, May 4, 2012
Long before she became the monster who turned people to stone, Medusa was a young woman with a strong sense of duty to her family and the goddess Athena. In a tragic twist of fate, Medusa is ripped from the life and love she knows by an evil, jealous god.
Sasha Summers has brought Medusa and her hero to life with this beautiful and tragic story. I've read this book four times, and it never fails to bring tears to my eyes. Sasha is an incredibly gifted story teller and author. She has brought the gods of Olympus to life in ways you never imagined before.
Be sure to watch for the next in the series in which Hades is the ultimate wounded hero.

5.0 out of 5 stars Story of Myth and Magic, May 4, 2012
Sasha Summers tells the familiar Medusa tale but creates a new and imaginative back story. We finally get to see Medusa's point of view and learn her motivations. She becomes a sympathetic character that we root for, care for and want the best for. A creative and inspiring retelling of the myth. Loved it and highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, April 30, 2012
Lynn Rush (Arizona, USA) - See all my reviews
I'm not into mythology--at all really--but I am now!!!
I'd always thought of Medusa as a nasty old thing...but Sasha Summers paints a very unique and surprising picture of this mythological creature.

And she did it WELL! Such great writing had me yanked into each and every page. I felt like I was right there in that era. Feeling what they were feeling. I just love that in a story.

The love between the hero and heroine is enviable. It's what love stories are made for, really. It just tugged at me and kept me thinking about it long after I read the book.

It was captivating! Nicely done, Sasha Summers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Story!, April 28, 2012
Medusa, A Love Story is a beautifully written story with characters who are stunningly alive and well crafted. A creative twist on mythology! If you're into myth and/or romance you'll be well pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book about Medusa!, August 4, 2012
Add this book to your to be read pile immediately. Mythology fascinates so many people. Many movies and books have been inspired by mythology. There is something about crazy, power hungry deities that appeal to so many people. Although I'm familiar with Medusa, this is the first book I've read that has taken a closer look at the history of Medusa, who wasn't always a monster.
Medusa was once a beautiful woman. She served as priestess at Athena's temple. Medusa is loyal, kind, and devout. She is a favorite of Athena, and has attracted the attention of Poseidon. The attention is unwanted, because Medusa's heart belongs to a guard named Ariston. The gods will not be denied, and as you know they can be a vengeful lot. Poseidon gives her a choice that could destroy her either way as well as incur the wrath of Athena. If you're familiar with her story, even a little bit, you can guess what happened.
Summers does a fantastic job with this story. Even though I was familiar with the legend of Medusa, this book kept my attention from beginning to end. The love that Medusa and Ariston share is an all-consuming love that even the gods cannot deny. Ariston is not only a brave warrior in battle, he also fights for those he loves, and not even Hades can stand in his way. I absolutely love the story line, the characters, and everything in-between. Summers gives a new understanding to Medusa the woman, and Medusa the monster. This is definitely one of my favorite books this year.
If you're a fan of mythology you should check this book out. If you're not, this book could change your mind. Medusa is the first book in the Loves of Olympus. The next book, For the Love of Hades, comes out in January 2013. I can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Epic Love Story, July 25, 2012
First off, Sasha Summers did her homework. The tale stays true to the myth, but the love story is new. How is that possible? You'll have to read the book to find out.

The human daughter of Phorcys, Medusa lives a life of servitude to Athena and longs to be free. Strikingly beautiful, Poseidon wants her for his own. (I never knew there was a myth that said Medusa was beautiful so I learned something, too.)

Instead, Medusa falls in love with Artison, her guard. Once she gains her freedom it is to him that she runs.

Artison is as good a hunk as it gets and you immediately see how Medusa is drawn to him. The Gods play with the couple, creating conflict after conflict. You will ache for Medusa's innocence and cheer when the protagonists get what they deserve.

The romance between Artison and Medusa is epic in nature, beautifully portrayed, filled with passion, and oh so touching.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves an epic love story. Medusa will pull at your heart strings. You won't put the book down until it is finished. Even if you're not into myths, Medusa echos some of the greatest love stories ever told.