Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

94%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 7, 2010
I teach at an inner-city school where many of the students are reading below grade level (but making great progress). This means I am always on the lookout for high-interest, low-level (high-low) books that deal with the content my students are responsible for learning. This book and the entire Landmark biography series is one of the best buys I have made yet. I bought this book for my 5th graders because they have been learning about the Civil War. The students who read this book loved it, and have gone on to read more of the biographies in the Landmark series. For those of you who are familiar with the DRA, this book is an O (3rd grade reading level). However, the content is not watered down, so my students have learned a lot from reading these books.
on April 14, 2011
The Landmark Series is a terrific series. This is a warm and informative account of the life of our beloved 16th President. Purchase this book and enjoy reading it to your 4 to 8 year old children. Abe Lincoln has so many wonderful qualities and was such a great role model!! Highly recommended!
on October 27, 2014
My granddaughter is 7 years old and Abe is her favorite president. She loved this book. Learned many new facts about her fav. and the reading level was perfect for her as she is venturing into chapter books.
on January 11, 2013
This is not the Landmark edition. Amazon has incorporated the reviews from the Landmark edition with this earlier, original edition. Although the writer and text are the same, this Random House Step-Up edition from 1965 has the original illustrations by the famed Jack Davis.
on April 5, 2008
The book is well written for my 2nd graders. Their interest soared in reading after completing this book.
on April 23, 2012
My 6 year old son is fascinated with Presidential history and specifically Abraham Lincoln. We've read several "kid-friendly" books on Lincoln and this was by-far the best!
on November 30, 2014
Bought as a gift for grandchild. Read thru it myself prior to giving it as present and can't believe how much information is presented in such clear and easy statements.
on September 11, 2014
Purchased for school district. Since I didn't hear any complaints (which I would), I can only assume that teacher was happy with the item.
on May 11, 2013
Like the rest of the Landmark series of biographies, this is a wonderful book packed with biographical information. My grandson loved it!
on March 24, 2014
I ordered this book for the pre school class and they are excited to read all the new books we purchased for the class.