Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 20, 2000
I discovered this book while browsing for quality literature to bring to my classroom. I read this book because it fits my third grade curriculum and has a low reading level. Meet Christopher Columbus is an excellent introduction to biographies and explorers. The format of the book allows for less experienced readers to read small parts of his life without being overwhelmed. The language is simple enough for children to comprehend the main idea and details presented without difficulty. The history is accurate and presented in a logical fashion. I recommend this to parents and teachers to help students learn about Columbus as well as improve their reading!
on May 26, 2006
My 7 year old really liked this, and more generally this whole Landmark series is very good for young readers. Vocabulary and sentence structure are age appropriate. Content is good solid history. As opposed to much of the stuff for this age which is "silly" reading, this series lets them learn something while improving their reading skills.
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2014
I wish current children's literature would take a note from times gone by. How can we expect students to have a fair grasp on grammar when the first page of a book begins no less than four sentences with "But"? While this book coincides with my student's reading level, it contradicts our efforts in writing class. We cannot expect a higher standard of education to prevail if we do not set a consistent example of that standard from the start.
on November 19, 2014
Quite surprised at how old this book is. My 11 year old daughter read this book for her 6th grade R.A.F.T project and researched Christopher Columbus. She told me it was a good story with lots of detail that made the story entertaining and adventurous as she was doing her
project. She also knows the story about Christopher Columbus, and what happened. The book was well written, and gave lots of information. I would give this a five star rating.
on September 20, 2012
This review is written by an 8 year old girl. She was working on a written review of the book and wanted to rate it on Amazon. "I love this book! I liked that it had a lot of information about Christopher Columbus."
on May 23, 2014
We are always in search of reading materials since we are home schooling. We like the non-fiction books that teach as well as being an interesting book to read. This book fills both requirements. Written in words that the child can understand and read.
on May 21, 2014
This was a great story. I loved the book. It was an amazing adventure. Thank you!!! I am looking forward to reading many other "Landmark" books.
on May 11, 2013
This Landmark book on Christopher Columbus is a wonderful source of information about this explorer. My grandson really loved it.
on January 15, 2015
Great book for teaching elementary kids about Columbus. We used it for our American history study in our homeschool.
on January 24, 2016
Good resource for history suplementary reading and reporting.