4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read for Kids!
Published on June 20, 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps acceptable for some
Published 3 months ago by M. Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read for Kids!, June 20, 2000
By A Customer
I discovered this book while browsing for quality literature to bring to my classroom. I read this book because it fits my third grade curriculum and has a low reading level. Meet Christopher Columbus is an excellent introduction to biographies and explorers. The format of the book allows for less experienced readers to read small parts of his life without being overwhelmed. The language is simple enough for children to comprehend the main idea and details presented without difficulty. The history is accurate and presented in a logical fashion. I recommend this to parents and teachers to help students learn about Columbus as well as improve their reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for young readers, May 26, 2006
Keith "kc31824" (STAMFORD, CT, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meet Christopher Columbus (Landmark Books) (Paperback)
My 7 year old really liked this, and more generally this whole Landmark series is very good for young readers. Vocabulary and sentence structure are age appropriate. Content is good solid history. As opposed to much of the stuff for this age which is "silly" reading, this series lets them learn something while improving their reading skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, September 20, 2012
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Meet Christopher Columbus (Landmark Books) (Paperback)
This review is written by an 8 year old girl. She was working on a written review of the book and wanted to rate it on Amazon. "I love this book! I liked that it had a lot of information about Christopher Columbus."

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps acceptable for some, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Meet Christopher Columbus (Landmark Books) (Paperback)
I wish current children's literature would take a note from times gone by. How can we expect students to have a fair grasp on grammar when the first page of a book begins no less than four sentences with "But"? While this book coincides with my student's reading level, it contradicts our efforts in writing class. We cannot expect a higher standard of education to prevail if we do not set a consistent example of that standard from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Home Schooling, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Meet Christopher Columbus (Landmark Books) (Paperback)
We are always in search of reading materials since we are home schooling. We like the non-fiction books that teach as well as being an interesting book to read. This book fills both requirements. Written in words that the child can understand and read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christopher Columbus, May 21, 2014
This was a great story. I loved the book. It was an amazing adventure. Thank you!!! I am looking forward to reading many other "Landmark" books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christopher Columbus, May 11, 2013
Carol Reed (Phoenix, Arizona USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meet Christopher Columbus (Landmark Books) (Paperback)
This Landmark book on Christopher Columbus is a wonderful source of information about this explorer. My grandson really loved it.

Meet Christopher Columbus (Landmark Books)
Meet Christopher Columbus (Landmark Books) by James T. De Kay (Paperback - July 24, 2001)
$4.99 $4.49