Meet Me In Margaritaville: The Ultimate Collection
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Having said that, I think the new CD is a great overview of the world's most famous beachcomber. His tunes have stood the test of time and they tell wonderful stories.
All the standards like FINS, VOLCANO, A PIRATE LOOKS AT FORTY, SON OF A SON OF A SAILOR and CHANGES IN LATITUDES, CHANGES IN ATITUDES are included. That's to be expected. What I like about this collection is the inclusion of more mellow Buffett tunes like HE WENT TO PARIS, CREOLA, and THE CAPTAIN AND THE KID (which is made more special because Jimmy talks about his dad right before the cut. Mr. Buffett passed away from Alzheimer's right after the CD was released.)
He also does a great job on a couple of 'cover' songs -- EVERYBODY'S TALKIN' and The Beachboys' SAIL ON SAILOR.
The only disappointment was the absence of a live recording of Neil Young's SOUTHERN CROSS.
The booklet that comes with the CD is well done. The band sounds great. Jimmy's in good voice and the new recordings are terrific.
It's summertime ... the living is easy .... there's nothing better than listening to one of our great storytellers weave his magic one more time.
1. Margaritaville - still great
2. Migration - sounds even better
3. Growing Older But Not Up - good song
4. Holiday (Live/New Recording) - great live recording
5. Come Monday - sounds so much better in digital
6. Fruitcakes - sounds the same
7. We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About - sounds better
8. Cheeseburger In Paradise - the guitar pops, great!
9. Jolly Mon Sing - sounds the same
10. The Pascagoula Run (Live/New Recording) - awesome live recording
11. Tin Cup Chalice - good guitar
12. Pencil Thin Moustache - sounds really good too
13. Grapefruit/Juicy Fruit - sounds the same
14. Coconut Telegraph - sounds a little peppier
15. Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes - sounds the same
16. Last Mango In Paris - sounds better
17. Fins - sounds great in digital
18. Why Don't We Get Drunk - guitar sounds better
19. Brown Eyed Girl - sounds better, heavier
20. One Particular Harbour - sounds the same
1. School Boy Heart - sounds the same
2. Everybody's Talkin' (New!) - great cover
3. Volcano - sounds better in digital
4. Son Of A Son Of A Sailor (New Recording) - great but weird at first, the female singing is odd, but is good
5. Take Another Road - good
6.Read more ›
Alas, Buffett fans, there are a few new songs here as well, including a nice cover of Nillson's "Everyone's Talkin" and the Beach Boys' "Sail On Sailor" which Jimmy certainly is doing here. He has made a career out of continuing to recycle a limited repertoire of songs, and the fans keep coming back again and again to party with him, such that his concerts are always sellouts and the rabid fans are true loonies when it comes to celebrating life along with the parrot Master himself. This is a great album, and one I am sure you will enjoy!
Overall this disc is great and is the ultimate collection, if there is such a thing. This would be a GREAT gift for those that are not familiar with the music of Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers.
oh yeah, the sound is amazing on these cds. You can hear every instrument with clarity.... except for the annoying accoustic guitar in some live tracks, this cd sounds AMAZING
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Arrvd on time & well pkd. Love all his songs but one. This is great music for a road trip!!Published 1 month ago by Bonnie J. Howell
Couple of classic Buffett songs but unless you are absolutely in love with all his music, this CD tends to get boring,Published 1 month ago by Curious Senior
Great album. I love that buying the physical cd also put the digital version in my library so I can also listen to it on the echo!Published 4 months ago by Brenda Schmidt
its great to get so many of Jimmy,s songs on 2 c.ds am heading off to see him in concert on 20th so will be good to finally see him live, the c. Read morePublished 4 months ago by jayne