Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$1.99

on March 12, 2006
Meet The Shapes is a thoroughly "child friendly", 30-minute DVD that introduces preschoolers and kindergartners to eight common shapes with the help of charming animated characters. After watching this technically flawless recording, the infant or toddler will easily be able to identify circles, diamonds, octagons, ovals, rectangles, squares, stars, and triangles. This DVD is enhanced with chapter selections, a "Barn Dance", "Dance with Your Favorite Shape", and a "Flashcards" feature. Also very strongly recommended for families, day care centers, preschool classrooms, and elementary school DVD libraries are the two previous titles in this simply outstanding series: Meet The Letters and Meet The Numbers.
on March 19, 2006
My son loves this DVD and all the other Preschool Prep DVDs. The characters are entertaining and the DVD does a good job of showing where shapes are in everyday items. My son (18 months) has watched this DVD twice and already knows some shapes and can point them out in everyday things.
on January 13, 2016
My 2 year old watched this a few times and knows ALL his shapes! They just repeat the shape constantly while doing things like making popcorn, or going on a boat, so cute and smart! My son sits through about 10-15 min. and then walks away, I think as he gets older he will watch more of it. But he absolutely knows his shapes from the video, and will call them out as he sees them through out the day. Great video!
on August 14, 2014
I rented this on Prime Instant Video since it had so many great ratings and reviews. My 2.5 year old toddler was not able to identify any of his shapes at that point. As soon as the video started, I was like, "Are you kidding me!? This is ridiculous!" The whole video is CONSTANT repetition that would really drive an adult insane. BUT, after he watched it one time, he knew all the basic shapes and could identify them around the house. I showed it to him one more time about 2 weeks later and he learned even more! He doesn't go to school or watch any other shape videos, but after watching this one just 2 times he is always pointing out shapes in very creative ways wherever we go! It is so awesome! I would definitely recommend for a first shapes video if your child is can speak at least some words and has not learned their basic shapes yet.
on January 11, 2016
My ABC obsessed child loves this series! It is annoying for adults but the repetitiveness of the series taught both of my kids quickly. I have bought 2 different sets for our family and have bought multiple sets as gifts. I would definitely recommend this product and their whole series. Every video that my kids were exposed to, they learned the concept within a week or 2. Their videos Meet the Diagraphs and Meet the Blends taught me a lot and my kids teach others (even other adults) because of it. Buy it and use it. It takes little to no effort on the parents part but we had fun interacting as well.
on March 22, 2009
My husband and I are both teachers and a fellow teacher & friend recommended the Preschool Prep videos and we've been amazed. My son loves the videos. He's learned his shapes and letters in about three weeks. The key to these videos is the constant repetition. Being skeptic, I even tested him by drawing various shapes and finding objects of different shapes, but guess what...he truely knew them. I highly recommend the series of videos from Preschool Prep.
on December 5, 2005
My twins love "Meet the Shapes." They are 18 months old and both learned the names of all eight shapes after watching the video a couple of times. They love the part where the shapes all dance together. They get up and dance with the shapes every time they watch it. There is a menu selection where they can choose their favorite shape and dance with it. They could do this for hours. This is the only birthday present that I am going to give this year!
on December 6, 2014
doesn't work on the TV that I have in my classroom....which is a wide flat screen...the shapes are distorted (cirlce looks like an oval) and there is no way to change the setting on my tv to fix...so won't be using this and confusing my preschoolers....but, if your TV is adjustable the movie and the shipping were great!...I just wish I had known it wouldn't work on my TV before I spent some of my classroom money :(
on April 8, 2014
we bought this because my daughter is obsessed with the whole "Meet the..." series. My daughter started reading at age 3. We started with meet the sight words 1 right before her 3rd birthday. she was not interested at first. but now is obsessed. she has a great vocabulary and we are working with the phonics stuff now...plus we read books to her every night (sometimes she reads to us)
on December 22, 2011
My daughter is 2 1/2 and knows all her letters (upper and lower-case), numbers from 0-11, most of her shapes and most of her colors. We worked with her on these ourselves, but we had much better results from these videos. Any kid under the age of 4 or 5 that has come into my house has been captivated by these videos. Best of all, they WORK! My daughter learned all of her letters after watching the video only about 10 times, even less with the numbers. We're still working on the colors and shapes, but she knows most of them and has only seen these videos a handful of times. She also doesn't sit fixated on the TV when they're on...she's playing with her toys at the same time and still learning. I can't tell you how pleased I am with the results of these videos.