1,130 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Megablocks is going to get a lot of use in my house
Published on October 10, 2012 by debisong1

3.0 out of 5 stars good for building towers
the kids like building towers, but there's not much versatility with this set. a lot of the blocks are loose and don't stay together.
Published 22 months ago by L. Vintilescu

5.0 out of 5 stars Megablocks is going to get a lot of use in my house, October 10, 2012
This review is from: Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag, 80-Piece (Classic) (Toy)
When children 1-4 years old visit with their parents, I like for them to have something to occupy their time. These blocks do the trick. My how the children (and adults) love to play with them. As a teacher, I find the educational value to be excellent. I would recommend them because they help children to recognize the primary colors, building different objects, spacial planning and counting to name a few uses. These are excellent manipulatives that help children with hand & eye coordination as they are playing. I would highly recommend these blocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the kids and the Dad! (Mom too), June 22, 2013
This toy is a great amount of fun for everyone, regardless of age.

Pros:
1. My son, who is 18 months old, really enjoys playing with these blocks. Bonus, he cannot eat them!
2. The wheeled base is a lot of fun. We have made cars, airplanes and other fun objects on it. My son will also just play with the wheeled base on its own.
3. The bag is very durable. My son has not found a way to destroy it yet.
4. I also really enjoy playing with these blocks. It will be fun to watch my son graduate from megablocks to Lego blocks.

Cons:
1. I went online to look at the other models and designs, and most of them require two sets of blocks. I would like to see more models that can be designed with just single set.

Overall, I highly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars good for growing baby/toddler, February 12, 2014
i bought these blocks in preparation for my growing baby! I have a 4 month old, and even though he is not quite ready to play "build" with these blocks, they are a great product to start him on... when he gets older we'll probably upgrade to legos, but These Mega Blocks are great for babies that put everything in their mouths! easy to grip as well. and "fun for the parents!"

5.0 out of 5 stars love these blocks, August 7, 2012
Excellent building blocks for my 1.5 year old. She likes to put them together and pull them apart. They are the perfect size for this age (and older) eventhough it says for older kids. These blocks are definitely helping her to advance her fine motor skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, September 23, 2012
I bought this for my then 1 year old granddaughter. She loved it and still plays with these blocks at 4. Her sister, now 2 enjoys them even more! These blocks helped both girls learn their colors, spacial concepts and construction. AND the bag makes for easy clean up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 2, 2013
It is exactly what's shown online. It is good quality, sturdy materials, bright colors, and no surprises. What you see is what you get.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for building towers, February 23, 2013
L. Vintilescu (Marlborough, MA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun for our tot & for us!, October 8, 2014
I think our son played with these blocks for about a month straight when we have them to him and he still loves them! We had to show him what to do of course. He is 21 months old. I highly suggest them for all the kids and I also suggest interactive play with parents. My husband takes the time to sit with our son and create shapes like giraffes or anything you can think of! It has become a great toy in our house where our son can play by himself for periods at a time or he will invite us to play with him and we have so much fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool and very entertaining., October 19, 2012
I bought these for my son and my nephew for their 1st birthdays and they have played with them non-stop. A great investment for both learning and entertainment. They enjoy building them up as high as they can and knocking them over. You can't go wrong with these blocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Play blocks, October 5, 2012
Got two pkgs of these, wanted to make sure we had enough for the child and Grandpa to play with! They are fun and educational as the child is learning how the differant sizes and shapes can be arranged to create a new toy each time!