Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag, 80-Piece (Classic)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 10, 2012
When children 1-4 years old visit with their parents, I like for them to have something to occupy their time. These blocks do the trick. My how the children (and adults) love to play with them. As a teacher, I find the educational value to be excellent. I would recommend them because they help children to recognize the primary colors, building different objects, spacial planning and counting to name a few uses. These are excellent manipulatives that help children with hand & eye coordination as they are playing. I would highly recommend these blocks.
22 comments| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2014
i bought these blocks in preparation for my growing baby! I have a 4 month old, and even though he is not quite ready to play "build" with these blocks, they are a great product to start him on... when he gets older we'll probably upgrade to legos, but These Mega Blocks are great for babies that put everything in their mouths! easy to grip as well. and "fun for the parents!"
review image
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2013
This toy is a great amount of fun for everyone, regardless of age.

Pros:
1. My son, who is 18 months old, really enjoys playing with these blocks. Bonus, he cannot eat them!
2. The wheeled base is a lot of fun. We have made cars, airplanes and other fun objects on it. My son will also just play with the wheeled base on its own.
3. The bag is very durable. My son has not found a way to destroy it yet.
4. I also really enjoy playing with these blocks. It will be fun to watch my son graduate from megablocks to Lego blocks.

Cons:
1. I went online to look at the other models and designs, and most of them require two sets of blocks. I would like to see more models that can be designed with just single set.

Overall, I highly recommend this product!
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2014
I think our son played with these blocks for about a month straight when we have them to him and he still loves them! We had to show him what to do of course. He is 21 months old. I highly suggest them for all the kids and I also suggest interactive play with parents. My husband takes the time to sit with our son and create shapes like giraffes or anything you can think of! It has become a great toy in our house where our son can play by himself for periods at a time or he will invite us to play with him and we have so much fun!
on August 7, 2012
Excellent building blocks for my 1.5 year old. She likes to put them together and pull them apart. They are the perfect size for this age (and older) eventhough it says for older kids. These blocks are definitely helping her to advance her fine motor skills.
on January 15, 2013
I love these for my one year old daughter. They are a great size for her chubby little hands to pick up and big enough for her to chew on.
on December 12, 2012
I've been trying to find a toy (besides the iPad) that keeps my 2 year old entertained and challenged and the Megabloks lego set does the job! It comes with a little car where you can stack pieces on which is great! My daughter loves the pieces (especially the girly colors) and plays with it for hours. Finally a toy that she can come back to time and time again. All her other toys have been played with once and then tossed aside. Not the legos! Very satisfied with my purchase!
on March 22, 2015
This toy is a great amount of fun for everyone, regardless of age! I really mean it! Because I enjoy it as much as she does:)

--She likes to put them together and pull them apart. They are the perfect size for this age (and older) even though it says for older kids. These blocks are definitely helping her to advance her fine motor skills
--She really enjoys playing with these blocks. Bonus, she cannot eat them!
--The wheeled base is a lot of fun. We have made cars, airplanes, huge moving towers and other fun objects on it. My little one will just play with the wheeled base on its own.
--The bag is very durable, she has not found a way to destroy it yet.
-- I also really enjoy playing with these blocks. It will be fun to watch to see her graduate from megablocks to Lego blocks

By the way the picture you see is when she I play with her and I create a tall tower more than her height and she is super happy building something more than her height! LOL! Parents also get enjoy it a lot!

Overall, I highly recommend this product!
on January 12, 2016
I purchased these for my daughter to help her while she is learning her sight words. I tape the words to some and letters to the others. She loves being able to spell the words out using lego. She gets to make a car using all the words she has built when she is finish.
on September 23, 2012
I bought this for my then 1 year old granddaughter. She loved it and still plays with these blocks at 4. Her sister, now 2 enjoys them even more! These blocks helped both girls learn their colors, spacial concepts and construction. AND the bag makes for easy clean up!