5.0 out of 5 stars Great set!
Some thoughts on this set:

--the dragon is very cool.
--I like that the batteries can be replaced in the "power stones", other sets from other manufacturers sometimes don't account for battery replacement.
--Gave it 4 stars for durability only because I wonder about the durability of the motor and gears that lift the "scepter chamber" out of the...
Published on August 10, 2002 by Stephen Sarrica

3.0 out of 5 stars expensive, very hard to assemble, worthless instructions
This has all kinds of parts to play with, which is just what my 8 year-old son wanted, but it's EXTREMELY difficult to put together and the directions are practically WORTHLESS!!! I don't mind putting toys together for him and have assembled much larger and more complex toys before, but this is the absolute worst. The parts do not snap together easily and once together,...
Published on November 28, 2002 by Elizabeth

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun - once it is put together, November 14, 2002
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
We had bought the whole set. You have to keep in mind that these are not Lego's and they don't snap together as easily as Lego's do. Some of the pieces were quite hard to get in place (and I'm 28 years old). However, once we got everything together our son has had a great time with it. However, I am worried about taking it apart because of the few problems that we ran across putting it together. Overall, though, it is a fun toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars They Love This Toy, December 16, 2002
"vicdisco" (E.Wenatchee,Wa. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
My daughter, who is 4 years older than her brother and my son love playing together with this toy. She operates the dragon and he likes the little men. They have spent hours of make believe play together with this toy. It is a well built toy, which will last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorcerer's Lair, April 10, 2003
Aaron (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
I just got the Sorcerer's Lair and it is really cool. One of the things I really love about these stes is the seceret compartments and the traps. Another cool thing about this set is how it's built into a mountain or whatever. Another cool thing about this is the silver dragon and the warriors. I just love fantasy worlds and creatures, and having those sets come out does it, it makes you feel like your in a fantasy world. Ok, Ok it's a good toy, but it has some building issues, for one the roof is real hard to put on without it popping off, but once on the roof stays on and the other issue is the instuctions, I kept messing up because the instructions are really hard to read, but in the end when you've finished it is a great toy. Some improvements you could make are, Have some new locations and characters like Wood Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Trolls and locations like (remember keep the same idea you had for the dragons sets that are highly detailed warriors, and the realistic buildings and such but remember to keep everything new the same size) The Elven Forest Hold, The Orcish canyons, Dwarvish stronghold and so on (if you are planning to put these creatures in I would do some reasearch on them). Another improvement you could make is add way more warriors than you would origanally get which would give the custumer a greater sense of battle. Also they could come up with more weapons too. But Altogether it is a great toy and is a lot of fun I hope future customers will like them as much as I do.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy Mega Bloks, November 17, 2002
By A Customer
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
My 6 yr old son found this very frustrating the pieces don't fit together very well. I recommend purchasing lego instead. I will never buy another mega blok product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragon Collector, August 26, 2003
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
I own all the "Dragons" and "Dragons Krystal Wars" sets that our out on the market. When it comes to medieval knight and dragons with castles and fortresses, no one has produced better than Mega Bloks. Much cheaper than Lego, but every bit as fun and durable. Excellent customer service on replacement parts for broke, missing or other wise. I highly recommend these products to collector and child builder alike.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dragons Sorcerer's lair, December 9, 2002
Garrett (Newnan, GA USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
I like playing with this set. The durability is low, but you can't expect better from Mega Bloks. I'm pretty used to bogus instructions, so that wasn't a big problem. I really liked the detail on the soldiers and the Dragons. Also, the "secret" weapons are pretty cool. This set kinda reminds me of the battles from LOTR.

5.0 out of 5 stars design poor, pieces fantastic, March 30, 2003
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
If you want to build the set shown (by following the instructions), then you will be annoyed by it being (1) hard to put together, adn (2) easy to pop apart. They key is to not put the ground pieces on top of one another -- this doesn't work and is done a lot in the built-in design. If you are building your own designs (and toys like Megabloks and Lego are designed for), then these pieces are fantastic. They offer realism and ingenuity not available in Lego sets, and thus are complementary. The best part are the armored knights, although they are best bought in the random packs are sold all over -- these sets come with 3 knights, lots of weapons, and a little bit of scenery. I recommend them the most, as the larger sets are cool looking but frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durability is a major subject of these reviews..., April 14, 2003
Amanda (Redmond OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
I have found the peices to be wonderful. I am 15, and a major building brick user since 4. YES< the blocks come apart easilly, but honestly, I like that. I tear apart my castle peices and make HUGE new ones. The dragons come apart sometimes, but they don't BREAK, at least mine never have. I have never been found of the mega-bloks people, I prefer lego, but these ones snap on easier than the "Skater" dudes. The castle bricks are unique to these sets. I fell in love at first sight of them. (I love fantasy and RPG/RPing) I must say also, the durability is fine. They stay together. Like every other creation, you should make sure its tight, and let your kid know, these castles were ment to be able to be taken apart. The instructions are readable and easy to follow too. I would suggest, if you dont wan't to put it together, buy your kid a set meant for their age, or to their capabilities with building bricks. If they MUST have a dragon, get the dragon slayer. It has hardly any building parts, a dragon, a man, a weapon, and some little ruins. If you can't handle the bigger toys, get a smaller one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sorcerer's Lair is Fun, July 31, 2003
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
[]I love these kind of sets. They're alot like warhammer(the characters), I like warhammer but it's too expensive so I got this and I love it. It's not the most durable but if you use youre brain you can make epic battle scenes. The dragons legs are weak, but the magnetic claws and light up eyes make up for it. I like this set, so I hope you do.

1.0 out of 5 stars parent, January 12, 2003
This review is from: Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair (Toy)
I will never buy a Mega Blok product again. These toys are totally useless. It is very difficult to put together. The pieces don't fit very well and continually pop off. The dragons legs are difficult to put on but the dragon is the only useable part of the entire set.

Mega Bloks Dragons Sorcerers Lair