5.0 out of 5 stars Way too much FUN!
Bought this for my kids and I think I am having more fun with it! It took a little bit of time to put it together but once I got it to float perfectly we haven't put it down. It is so much fun once you learn how to control it and it is pretty easy to use. The helium lasted about 7 days and then had to fill it up again. I recommend buying one of the balloon tanks from...
Published on January 5, 2012 by SteadyFreddy

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective and Counterfeit
My sister and I bought this as a Christmas gift for my Dad. We spent two hours putting it together and had it fully assembled only to find that the remote control was defective. So the shark can't fly. It's a balloon.

Published on December 24, 2011 by Julie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective and Counterfeit, December 24, 2011
This review is from: Mega Fliers - Great White Shark Giant Inflateable RC Flying Fish (Toy)

We went onto the website listed in the included instructions. This took us to the Air Swimmers Website and we looked at the Customer Service. Apparently there are a lot of counterfeit sharks (not) swimming around, which Air Swimmers cannot help with or replace. Real box should have the William Mark Corporation logo on the bottom right corner of the box. Ours is missing. So if this is a counterfeit item, they probably shouldn't include the Air Swimmers instructions in the package....

Can't wait to see my Dad's reaction to a big balloon tomorrow morning. Very disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get an Air Swimmer instead., January 3, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought one of these along with an Air Swimmer brand shark. Go with the Air Swimmer.

The Mega Flier is lower overall quality:

- Poor helium retention.
- Control mechanisms adhere poorly to balloon.
- Less buoyancy "headroom" than air swimmer.

This item does work, but stays in the air for less time and breaks more easily than the Air Swimmer. Avoid.

Test conditions: Indoors, elevation of 700ft.

Check my other reviews for a review of the Air Swimmers shark.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep fish in water, January 18, 2012
The mechanics of this toy lasted less than 5 minutes. By the time it was set up and flying right it quit working.

1.0 out of 5 stars Its basically a $25 balloon since motor doesn't work, December 25, 2011
Lmaris "Lmaris" (Where the stars at night are big & bright) - See all my reviews
Assembled as instructed but motor worked for <5 seconds before quitting. Tried new batteries and checked wires but was dead as a doornail. Using disposable canister of helium purchased at Part City and filled to near bursting, the motor with battery was too heavy for shark balloon to support.

So removed battery and let shark balloon float overhead in living room for the day and are planning on setting it free tonight. A total waste of time and money. Avoid at all costs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy the Air Swimmers, not the Mega Fliers, February 22, 2012
I purchased the Mega Fliers Shark for my 7 yr old's birthday. Turned out to be a bummer of a present. The remote did not work, you had to touch remote the antennae to the sharks antennae to get it to function. Then after 2 days all the fins and track fell off.

I returned this product (thanks Amazon) and bought the Air Swimmers Shark instead. Great fum for the whole family, need to get another one! The seam on the balloon did start to separate and leak helium. E-mailed customer service and they are sending out a new balloon, no problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad buy, January 5, 2012
Very dissappointing purchase. The fins and the zip line on it's belly fall off enen though they are reinforce with tape. The kids did not have a whole day of play before it started falling apart! Don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective- Not worth your money, January 8, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The shark balloon arrived with the lining already tore so I returned it. Probably a blessing because it demonstrates the poor quality of the product. Also, I didn't fully read the instructions and was unaware that this requires Helium. It would be a nuisance to run to the store to get this inflated every time you wanted to play with it. Glad mine arrived defective so I could get my money back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish Amazon supported zero stars just for this toy, December 31, 2012
I picked this Mega Flier Shark up at a local Walgreens as a last minute gift item after my wife mentioned that they had seen one flying around in a mall, and my daughter was entranced. She had told me they were $40, so when I saw it for $20, I was quick to swipe it up!

That's when the fun began... Very terse instructions that don't help with issues, no real "troubleshooting" section to speak of, and once it was inflated (TANK SOLD SEPARATELY, D'OH!) with helium and everything configured, we got it to flap its tail exactly ONCE before it stopped functioning entirely.

I called the 800 number, got a recording and no way to leave a message. Tried the website, and - NO JOKE - the customer service page lists out a bunch of "What to do if..." type headlines... With all the body texts as Lorem Ipsum! Basically, their website isn't even finished.

Very disappointed with this toy, I'm torn between struggling further to get my money back (minus the helium tank, of course ($30, ouch!), and just filling the thing up as much as possible, and "setting it free" outside - terrible for the environment, sure, but probably the ONLY way to have fun with a mega flyer.

0/infinity. Even if the toy worked, all the hassles we've been through just trying to get help from the website give a pretty clear STAY AWAY FROM THESE LOSERS message to me. Reading online, it seems the Air Swimmers are only marginally better. Which is all a shame. Because for those first few seconds, it was pretty darn cool. :P

1.0 out of 5 stars not for high altitude, February 19, 2012
RH and KJH (Alligator Point, Florida, US) - See all my reviews
We gave it to grandkids in Utah, everything went together fine, but it did not have enough buoyancy to work at that altitude. It was only 4500 ft, not real high.

Turned out to be a big waste of money, not just for the toy but for the helium we had to buy as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars badly made, January 15, 2012
The tail motor broke on the first flight. It did flight and was nicely controllable, but only for 10 minutes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›