Other Sellers on Amazon
Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It's a wonderfully cheesy movie chock full of over the top moments that border on being just plain silly, but that's the way I like it. If you're a fan of B movies do yourself a favor and give this a watch.
The film starts in the mountains (?) of Alaska, and after a very long credit sequence, progresses to oceanologist Emma (Debbie Gibson) driving a stolen submarine under a glacial icecap while a helicopter hovers overhead dropping a secret buoy into the water which makes a pod of whales get suicidal, and ram into a glacier freeing two long-frozen combatants, a huge shark and really huge octopus from millions of years of freezer burn. For some reason the helicopter crashes, and Gibson doesn't know about the buoy, but the helicopter pilot intones over the radio that it's a secret and that it could endanger national security. But Debbie hijacked the sub, right? So why is the secret government helicopter helping her look for whales? What? Huh? This is just the first five minutes of the movie. Unfortunately it gets way less lucid from there.
Shortly Gibson gets fired from her job, and goes to live with her old brilliant professor, Lamar (Sean Lawlor) who was booted out of the Navy for running a nuclear sub aground to avoid hitting a pod of dolphins. Oh yes, there's more true-to-life backstory for you.Read more ›
My brain took a REAL BEATING watching this one! I really could not believe my eyes.
This film contains the worst acting in the history of cinema! It is typical TRASH from Asylum. They had such a great opportunity to make a fun giant monster movie and they blew it! They should take all the original negatives from this film, burn them, then bury the ashes in an undisclosed location, put the director in a Turkish prison, then make all the actors pay restitution to an oceanographic institution of their choice. This disc would make a better use as a urinal cake!!
This TRULY is one of the worst films I have ever seen. You have been warned!!!
But, as others have said, this film doesn't even qualify in the "so bad it's good" category. Some years ago I wrote a column called "Zippers". In it, I would point out the mistakes made in films. Sometimes it was as small as a cigarette burning backwards and other times it was something huge like the self-repairing yellow Porche in "Commando".
This alleged film has so many errors that I was constantly distracted from the movie itself. For example:
1. The actual battle that the movie title comes from takes place after an hour of each creature being in separate oceans.
2. The battle is mostly made up of 2 or 3 clips, each about 2 seconds long, played repeatedly as jump cuts.
3. Several times we see the massive shark roughly 10 yards behind a sub. Yet when the sub fires the stern torpedoes at the beast, the creature is nowhere to be seen and we see the torpedoes racing through a completely empty sea.
4. A sub - complete with a super secret joystick driven control panel AND turbo power - is reported as 20 meters away from hitting an undersea rock outcropping. Roughly 20 seconds later, a crewman announces that they are now 15 meters away. Then, after still more time passes, just 10 meters away. I could row a danged destroyer quicker.
5. Ahh never mind. There were over 75 such errors I found just in a single viewing of this Blu Ray.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Mega good for one of those strange and unusual enemy movies. A big Shark on the rampage meets a super big Octopus who can holds its own with all it's tentacles and between bouts,... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
THIS IS A GOOD FUNNY AND GOOD ACTING AND I'AM HAPPY WITH MY ORDER.Published 6 months ago by Brian Fitzpatrick
The movie was really good. Most of the time I fall asleep. This one I did not. It kept me watching. The action is really good. You watch and wonder what side you are rooting for. Read morePublished 9 months ago by putder53
great action. pretty much out there but easy entertainment. great action scenes even if computer generated.Published 9 months ago by Stella Shahan
if you like this kind of movie, it is a must buy for your collectionPublished 11 months ago by karenp