Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on January 30, 2014
Item was well packaged. Outer packaging is a cloth drawstring bag, inside is the actual camera bag wrapped in plastic. Includes the microfiber towel as shown in the product photo.

This camera bag fit my Sony Nex-3N (with the pancake lens) perfectly with little wiggle room. There is no space in the bag for the strap once the camera is in the bag. The camera bag thickness is about the same as those neoprene cases for laptops. The flap of the case is secured by a velcro strip. Maybe not the best protection available, but I always keep the camera in the case in a backpack.
on December 11, 2014
I purchased the Son NEX-5TL camera, as well as the suggested case (Sony LCS-VA15/B). While the Sony case is nice, it is entirely too large and allows excessive room for the camera to slide around (I estimate the camera fills no more than 60-70% of the main storage compartment). This case by MegaGear is absolutely perfect for the NEX-5TL and the attached 15-50mm lens. It's a skintight fit (requires just a little effort to get in), but provides excellent bump and scratch protection for both the camera and the lens.

Cons:
-Due to the closure mechanism (velcro flap), I would not recommend this as a solo beach bag, as sand would easily slip in and scratch glass surfaces. A second bag (the Sony or to a slightly lesser extent the included suede bag) is recommended.

As a side note, I did not realize that I had ordered anything other than a neoprene case. Opening the package and seeing both a super large/soft cleaning cloth and a luxurious suede bag as well completely made my day. MegaGear has exceeded my expectations!
on December 30, 2014
Fits the Sony a5000 with the standard lens perfectly! I was a little nervous initially when I opened the box, it appeared small, however it stretched and fit like a glove. It makes it so I can put my camera in my purse and not have to worry about the screen getting scratched (which may or may not have happened before I bought the case).
VINE VOICEon March 31, 2014
I bought this case for my Sony NEX-5TL. I had a larger case, but it turned out to be too big to carry all of the accessories with me. Since I have a 64gb SD/XC card, I have plenty of space. I do wish I could tuck and extra battery in this case, but I can't. I like it because it fits around the carrying strap with the flash installed, which is great. I would have given it a 5-Satr except it has NO space for anything else, although that is not the fault of the case, only I must put my extra battery in my pocket.
Its not hard to get the camera out, and a little tiny bit of difficulty putting it in the case, but with more practice it should become really easy. I have almost dropped my camera twice since using this case because it is installed with strap attached, I had the tendency to think the strap was attached to the case. Only because I am so used to any case I've owned having its own strap. But again, this is solely my fault, so getting used to this case will solve this dilemma. I am not a klutz, its just that I have so many cameras and have developed systems that I have to get used to changing. Too many routines I guess. Over all, YES, I would buy this case again. It holds my camera at the ready and offers a secure means of carrying it without a huge case getting in the way.
on February 18, 2014
Neoprene cushioning with some degree of stretchiness to form a snug fit around my recently purchased (lightning deal) Sony Nex 3N. I removed the Sony neck strap and replaced it with a leather wrist strap. This case is a bit snug when stretching over the lens but I hope the more I use it, it will loosen a little. The stitching and material, including label, are all top-quality. I plan on using the carabiner to attach the camera to my belt loop or daypack for quick access. It would be nice to have an extra nylon loop to run the wrist strap through so it would stay attached to the camera during a quick snapshot. But I can use the carabiner loop to do something like that. I will have to field test it to be sure leaving it attached doesn't interfere with the camera operation or cause camera shake. It is very lightweight and washable.
on January 23, 2015
The product page states this case will fit the Sony A5100... That's sort of true. At first it will not fit. I stuffed it in there, really having to cram it in. Even then, it was partially sticking out, all the corners and edge stitching was not aligned with the camera's corners and edges and the velcro didn't match up. Like way off. After sitting the A5100 in the case for about 4 days, the neoperene case stretched out and it is now easier to fit the camera in. It is still not aligned properly, but at least it is now closing & covering all of the camera and the velcro closure matches up. Now that it's stretched out, it "fits" but it is like a puzzle trying to get it back in to fit the new stretched form. It is definitely not an easy in/easy out maneuver. Plus, I end up pushing all the buttons and having to grab the lens dial in order to manipulate the camera into the case.

Bottom line is that I think this case is meant for the NEX line, not for the A5100. I cannot recommend this if you are buying this for the A5100. I cannot comment if it fits any other camera. Also, the case smells heavily like petroleum out of the bag.
on March 25, 2015
I bought this for 2 reasons: First, I wanted something SMALL. I have an NEX-5N, and I recently got the 16-50 power zoom lens, and keeping it in the old case seemed to defeat the purpose of getting a smaller lens. This case fits the 5N with 16-50 lens and with the flash attached.

Almost all of the other cases I saw were either too small or way too big. I didn't want to add extra bulk, I didn't need a case for extra batteries of memory cards, I just wanted something to protect the camera when walking around. This case definitely meets that requirement.

Second, I wanted a case that allowed me to use only the strap attached to the camera -- rather than having a strap on the case, and another on the camera. The other cases I found that fit this camera (Lowepro Dashpoint 20 or Lowepro Rezo 60 were the only ones I found) had flimsy looking fabric connectors for the strap to attach to, which didn't seem very secure to me. I was also worried about how those connectors would hold up over time. With this case, I can use my own strap which is connected directly to the camera (I have a slashproof neck strap). It feels more secure this way.

The case does not fit perfectly (it was not made for this camera, after all) -- there is a gap on the side where the flash is (see attached photo), and the camera strap attachments are just a little further towards the front of the camera than would be ideal. However the case is made of stretchy material that can accommodate those issues. The velcro still attaches fine on the bottom without me having to stretch the fabric. The placement of the camera's strap connectors causes the camera to lean forward when in this case when holding it by the strap (also attached a photo). Not a problem as long as I am careful how I set it down. Getting the camera in and out of the case is tricky (takes 2 hands), but the material is very stretchy and I'm getting the hang of it.

I also had an opportunity to try this case on a NEX-3N with 16-50 lens (which is listed in the list of compatible cameras), and that camera fit much better in this case. That camera is a little taller but has a built in flash, which means there is less height overall. The strap attachments are in a different place on the 3N, also, and this case is designed for that placement. It's easier to get it in and out without there being a flash sticking out on the top.

The caribiner clip on the case would be more useful if it were closer to the top -- clipping it to my strap doesn't work very well as it's too far down on the case. I attached a second small wrist strap to the camera though, and I hook the clip onto that (also visible in one of my pictures attached). When I take the camera out of the case, the case stays attached to the camera so I won't lose it.

This case doesn't offer great protection against falls, or from being knocked around much, but it is definitely more protected than just wearing the camera around my neck without any case at all. It will also keep it protected from scratches if I put it inside a backpack or something, although I'll still need to be careful not to let it get crushed while inside another bag. Still, it's so SMALL and adds no extra weight, so I'm happy with this case overall.

I'm also attaching a picture of this case next to my old Kata Marvelx-20 for a size comparison -- that was the case I used for the NEX-5N with the older 18-55 kit lens. This megagear case takes up so much less space!
review image review image review image
on July 14, 2015
Awkwardly holds my Nex5. The case does cover it all, though it almost appears to fit crooked. It is not totally sealed so sand or rain would be able to get inside it. It does allow for the camera straps to come out so you can hang it around your neck.
on May 20, 2015
The quality of this case is nice and it feels like it will last a long time. It's a perfect with for my Sony NEX 5TL with the kit lens on. It's a (intentionally) snug fit made for just the camera - no additional accessory storage. It did take a few times to get the hang of getting the camera in easily. It would lessen the blow of dropped but isn't overly padded. The intention of this case is to avoid minor damage (scratches, finger prints, etc.) which places in your bag.
on July 23, 2014
I received this today to use with my Sony a5000. It is what I expected. I wanted some compact protection for my camera to take around. The fit seems perfect. The camera pulls out easily. It takes a little more fiddling to put it back in the case. But it is stretchable neoprene so it is still pretty easy. Some have mentioned quality. It appears well made to me. The neoprene is the same thickness you see on many neoprene products. As for durability, I will have to wait to see how it holds up to use. But for the price if it lasts a year I'll be happy. It's not like I spent 100+ bucks on a leather case. PS- It comes with a stringed carry bag to put it in as well. Maybe if your backing it. And a lens cloth.