Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums See All Deals Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Now Deal of the Day

on October 30, 2012
I bought this for my recently bought RX100 camera. This is my first case that is designed to be used while still attached to the camera.

Looks:
- Looks like the Sony case, without the badging. Case looks good.

Materials:
- Outside material is good. Seems to be rugged
- Inside material is smooth and looks to be good for the prevention of scratches.
- Metal fasteners are rather tight on my case. Seem well secured to the fake (?) leather case
- Straps appear to be strong

Weight:
Adds some heft to the camera, but not too bad.

Fit:
Note, this case is not specifically tailored for the RX-100. As is described in the advertising. I understand that the Sony case is a better fit and does not cover the USB port.
- There is about an inch clearance from the the top of the case and the top of the camera. Not too annoying actually, and may even be beneficial for impacts from the top.
- All the ports, etc are covered. The most annoying is the blockage of the micro USB port. This means you constantly have to remove the entire case, not just the top flap, to download your pictures/movies

Overall:
I would have given this case five stars if it did not cover the micro usb port. I understand the need to block the speakers, battery, etc...but it seems like the USB port need to be. It is however just covered, so I have cut the case to make space for the usb male plug to fit. Because I had to perform some repairs on my own, and made the case look rather weird as a result, I provided 3 stars.

Thanks.
on September 7, 2012
Because of the high quality material and workmanship and design, I brought 2 brown and a black case of these cases sold by Mega West. Since I already wrote a review for the brown case, here I would like to offer additional experience using the cases.

I also have a Sony HX30V. Its dimensions are very close to the RX100. However, the lower half of this case is perfectly fitted for the RX100 and will not fit the HX30V. If anyone is thinking about using the case for another similarly sized Sony camera, I would say our best hope is that Mega West would offer this type of cases for other cameras soon.

Unlike couple of reviewers' experiences that their cameras were not "balanced", my experience is the opposite. Indeed, unlike the Sony version which the strap attachment rings on the case are attached to the case vertically, the Mega West case has its attached at a slight tilt to the vertical, thus effectively tilting the case and thus the camera top towards the body. It is an indication that the design was given lots of thought.

CORRECTION: Upon further inspection, one of my 3 cases did not have the attachments as tilted as the other two, and I found that the attachments could be rotated to whatever angle you want! They are pretty tight once you leave them at an angle. How nice is that?

I tried to attach something to the right side of the camera to improve its grip using glue and Velcro, but they were messy and started to affect the paint and finish of the camera. With the bottom half of the case attached to the camera, the grip is improved. To further provide a bigger handle but not to touch the camera anymore after my failed attempts in attaching things directly to the camera, I attached a strip of Velcro to the lower left corner of the case (It is another reviewer's idea to use Velcro). Now the camera still could fit into the case nicely and the grip is so much more secure.

Addionally, the opening on the side of the case allows the camera to be charged via the USB cable with the case closed, just in case I accidentally pull on the cable and knock the camera to the floor.

Lastly, I found that attaching the wrist strap to the attachment point on the camera which is located right next to the USB port door prevented the door from opening, and I almost broke this door hinge trying to open it over the strap loops. Since the case has a nice ring attached with a tilt off the center of the camera, I am able to relocate the wrist strap to the case's ring and away from the USB door. Couple design issues with the camera are thus resoluted by using this nicely designed case.
on September 11, 2012
This is a sweet little case for the Sony RX100, it looks exactly as it does in the product photographs, a nice "retro" look for this very small camera. The case wraps around the sides of the camera and the back and lens cover snaps off for taking photographs, or this piece can be easily removed. As other reviewers have said, it attaches to the tripod hole for security and has a threaded piece to attach a tripod with the case body in place. It certainly looks better than I expected for the small price, and it makes the Sony case price look a bit foolish. If the case gets in your way you could attach the neckstrap provided with the case directly to the crazy, hard to attach, neckstrap adaptors provided by Sony for the camera. Bright light, really good eyesight and manual dexterity required to put those little suckers in the tiny, tiny loops on the sides of the camera!
on October 17, 2012
I have both this case and the Sony Sophisticated Leather-Like Jacket Case LCJRXA/B. Even with the price difference, I prefer the Sony case. There are important differences (at least in my book) between the two:
- The fit is much better on the Sony case. The MegaGear top cover feels like it was created for a camera that was about a half inch taller than the RX100.
- The material quality is better on the Sony. The MegaGear uses some plasticky leather imitation, The strap in particular feels much nicer to the touch on the Sony. It is a lot more comfortable if you are wearing this case on your neck, in particular because the Sony has a velvet-like lining and the MegaGear has a harsher plastic/leather imitation material.
- But the deal breaker for me is that the bottom part of the MegaGear case blocks the usb port, so you have to unscrew the case every time you want to charge or transfer your photos via USB.
on August 17, 2012
Upon sticker shock at the $85 Sony Sophisticated Leather-Like Jacket Case LCJRXA/B, I fortunately found this one for $14.99. Looks, feels and smells like real leather. Fits like a glove. Seems identical to Sony's in every way except it lacks the logo. Sure am glad I didn't get the overpriced Sony version.
on October 9, 2012
The case is not a good fit for my RX100. The bottom portion is slightly too small, so the side flares out a bit.
The top crease does not bend at the right place, so instead of snugly hugging the square lines of the RX100, it folds
over at an ugly angle. Simply put, it makes the beautiful RX100 look cheaply dressed. Not recommended. See the pictures I uploaded to this review.
review image review image
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 11, 2012
As other reviewers have mentioned, this is WAY better than the official Sony case. Very sturdy leather. It's quick to unsnap and take a picture. The cover does "hang" off the camera when unsnapped, and is sort of awkward, but I don't see how they could have avoided this.

All in all, a definite need for this camera. I've already dropped it twice, and this case saved me.
on September 5, 2012
I bought this alternative to the Sony name brand $85 case because I could not justify spending that much money. I wanted the case to deal with the fact that many reviews cautioned about the Sony Rx100 not having a very good grip as the metal frame could be slippery. The strap and leather covering provide two save guards to prevent dropping this high-end camera. After a visual comparison it seems the Sony case provides a better fit and covers the sides of the camera better, but the cheaper version seems to provide my needs for now.
on January 3, 2013
Just received this case today for my Sony rx100 (which i received Monday). I love it! I think it's beautiful in brown leather. i can't wait for it to start getting scratched and stained and aged, cause this case looks and feels like my dad's old camera cases, very old school, which (i think) complements the rx100 nicely, seeing as the camera has a kinda through-back look and feel to it. Some have complained that the top of the case leaves too much empty space and does not fit the camera snugly. this is true, but it doesn't detract from the case and actually, i think if you dropped the camera that empty space might serve as a good buffer for the camera and keep it from getting damaged. I'm glad i bought the brown case as opposed to the black; i think the brown looks so vintage and really gives the camera character.
on October 19, 2012
The Sony camera case is more than twice the cost of the MegaGear leather case. I found it just a perfect fit, easy to install and seems exactly right in every way. The case is easy to install with the tripod screw socket on the bottom of the camera; wtih the screw in the bottom 1/2 of the camera case. It looks great, shoulder strap is perfect size for me (5'10 height).

I never understand how the price from MegaGear can be 1/3 of the cost by Sony? Obviously you are paying ONLY for the brand name of Sony. But the case is a perfect fit and looks expensive and high quality (which is it).

One more thing; the top of the case unsnaps quickly and you can carry the camera around 'open' mode to take pictures, while the bottom 1/2 of the camea remains protected from bumps and hard surfaces.

I would give this MegaGear case my highest rating.

FINALLY. I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF MEGAGEAR; I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT ANY CASES FROM MEGAGEAR PREVIOUSLY. I HAVE NO BIASES, OR ANY CONFLICTS TO DISCLOSER TO THE REVIEWEES.