5.0 out of 5 stars Sony RX100 Camera Case
Published 23 months ago by LenPerry

1.0 out of 5 stars Great look, lousy fit...
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony RX100 Camera Case, November 7, 2012
This review is from: MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Brown Leather Camera Case , Bag for Sony DSC-RX100 RX100 (NOT FOR RX100 M2) (Electronics)
When I purchased my Sony DSC-RX100 camera, I also purchased the Sony camera case. The Sony case was $89.99. While reviewing other camera accessories for my Sony DSC-RX100, I found the MegaGear Ever Ready Protective Brown Leather Camera Case. I ordered it, and when it arrived I compared it to the Sony case. There was no noticeable difference. I returned the Sony case, and with the price difference I was able to purchase other accessories for my camera (battery charger, extra battery, and lens filter) all paid for the difference in savings from the Sony case. I would highly recommend this case to any owner of the Sony DSC-RX100 camera. You will not be disappointed. Great product, well made. Looks good with the contrast between the black camera and brown case.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great look, lousy fit..., January 4, 2013
I think this case looks great. The leather construction is very good, and the price is perfect. There is no way this case was made with RX100 in mind. It just doesn't fit. It's about a half inch too large, which leads to a baggy or oversized look and feel. It makes the camera feel clumsy and unbalanced. The lower leather piece fits well, but covers the USB connector. I could overcome this if the darn thing fit the camera.

Very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely nice case, decent price, January 2, 2013
L. Mateo (new york, new york USA) - See all my reviews
Just received this case today for my Sony rx100 (which i received Monday). I love it! I think it's beautiful in brown leather. i can't wait for it to start getting scratched and stained and aged, cause this case looks and feels like my dad's old camera cases, very old school, which (i think) complements the rx100 nicely, seeing as the camera has a kinda through-back look and feel to it. Some have complained that the top of the case leaves too much empty space and does not fit the camera snugly. this is true, but it doesn't detract from the case and actually, i think if you dropped the camera that empty space might serve as a good buffer for the camera and keep it from getting damaged. I'm glad i bought the brown case as opposed to the black; i think the brown looks so vintage and really gives the camera character.

-UPDATE- i didn't realize the case wasn't actually leather. Which in hind-site isn't a surprise. This is still a great case but with some caveats.... caveats that anyone with common sense and looking at the case can see; with this case on, you will not have access to any of the ports (hdmi, usb, sd card). I thought this case would age well and would take o character as it gets nicked and dirty (cause i thought it was leather, it probably won't. that being said; i still think this is a great case for a decent price and the vendor was quite quick in sending it and did not misrepresent the case (i assumed it was leather not pcu). I've knocked off a star but i still highly recommend this case. it will add a level of character to a camera that already has plenty of character.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, great look, January 7, 2013
Skeeter (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
Case fits nicely and we've received numerous positive comments on the retro look. Great value for the price compared to Sony's case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome case, great value!, September 5, 2012
This case works great. Very similar design to the Sony, only better color. Does not appear to be leather but made of a good quality faux leather vinyl.

Does not add too much thickness. Camera seems well protected. The fit is a little roomy but not too loose.

The price is awesome for what you get. This is a no brainer for the RX100!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have an Sony RX100, you need this case., August 23, 2012
My new Sony Cybershot RX100 is typical of most cameras in this class - difficult to hold. This MegaGear camera case solves that problem and more. The case is "Retro" stylish, the fit and finish are top notch, and little things like not blocking the charging port have been thought of. The tripod mount is thermolplastic, but appears to be quite strudy. You will have to remove the bottom of the case from the camera to access the battery/memory card compartment, but I knew that so it really isn't an issue.

I "Never" use a camera strap (although a very nice one is included) so the protection that this case provides more than pays the price for the piece of mind you get knowing that if you do happen to drop your camera, at least there is something to absorb the shock. It does make the package somewhat bulkier, but it will still fit in the back pocket of my jeans without causing too much of a noticable buldge.

The case arrived "on time" and in perfect condition from Amazon's Fullfilment partner. Can't beat the overall experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Case, September 6, 2012
I recently purchased a Sony RX100 and had read comments about how smooth its surface was, making it a bit hard to hold onto. I have another small camera, a Panasonice LX3, for which I had purchased a brown leather case and like how it was protected, so I decided to go for this case from Amazone/MegaGear for those reasons: 1) it seemed the case would make it easier to hold onto the camera and 2) it looked good and added protection. The case came the same day as the camera and I immediately put it on. Very nice fit. The case is well stitched and adds a nice appearance to the camera as well as achieving the two goals I wanted for this camera case. The outer cover snaps on and off easily, and I can just put that outer cover in my pocket or camera bag to facilitate taking pictures. Very nice product, well made and upscale-looking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safari shot, November 19, 2013
I like this case a lot. Its true that it is a bit loose but the lens part of the case is snug securing the camera. It has a fabulous look and I got many compliments. I tend to drop and toss around my bags and the camera was never injured while in this case. I used it in east Africa and the case protected against the elements and held up really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony RX100 brown case, October 29, 2012
Great case for a great price. Very sexy looking and way cheaper than the Sony brand. Just got it but so far so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy case, September 23, 2012
This is a nice designed, classy feeling case that's ideal for the Sony RX-100. The faux-leather finish, stitching and shape all look quite modernist/Art Deco and make you feel like you're strolling around in the world of Mies van der Rohe and Picasso. It's easy to use and provides good protection against bumps and scratches...and it's really economical compared to the Sony version. The only reason I don't give it five stars is that it is open enough when shut that it won't provide weather protection...this would be really nice.

I carry it using the wrist strap that comes with the camera, which also overcomes the lack of a grip on the very square body of the RX-100.

Nice job, MegaGear.