Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on November 7, 2012
When I purchased my Sony DSC-RX100 camera, I also purchased the Sony camera case. The Sony case was $89.99. While reviewing other camera accessories for my Sony DSC-RX100, I found the MegaGear Ever Ready Protective Brown Leather Camera Case. I ordered it, and when it arrived I compared it to the Sony case. There was no noticeable difference. I returned the Sony case, and with the price difference I was able to purchase other accessories for my camera (battery charger, extra battery, and lens filter) all paid for the difference in savings from the Sony case. I would highly recommend this case to any owner of the Sony DSC-RX100 camera. You will not be disappointed. Great product, well made. Looks good with the contrast between the black camera and brown case.
0Comment29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
I think this case looks great. The leather construction is very good, and the price is perfect. There is no way this case was made with RX100 in mind. It just doesn't fit. It's about a half inch too large, which leads to a baggy or oversized look and feel. It makes the camera feel clumsy and unbalanced. The lower leather piece fits well, but covers the USB connector. I could overcome this if the darn thing fit the camera.

Very disappointing.
on August 23, 2012
My new Sony Cybershot RX100 is typical of most cameras in this class - difficult to hold. This MegaGear camera case solves that problem and more. The case is "Retro" stylish, the fit and finish are top notch, and little things like not blocking the charging port have been thought of. The tripod mount is thermolplastic, but appears to be quite strudy. You will have to remove the bottom of the case from the camera to access the battery/memory card compartment, but I knew that so it really isn't an issue.

I "Never" use a camera strap (although a very nice one is included) so the protection that this case provides more than pays the price for the piece of mind you get knowing that if you do happen to drop your camera, at least there is something to absorb the shock. It does make the package somewhat bulkier, but it will still fit in the back pocket of my jeans without causing too much of a noticable buldge.

The case arrived "on time" and in perfect condition from Amazon's Fullfilment partner. Can't beat the overall experience.
on August 10, 2013
The product page should provide a better description of how it works.

The pros:
* Looks great!
* Fits very well; the top half is a little loose but not a big deal.
* Shoulder strap is a must-have with this little camera.
* The top half comes off pretty quickly, so the camera is readily accessible the moment you need it.
* As others have noted, the DSC-RX100 is so small, smooth, & tailored that it takes some getting used to - so you don't push buttons, accidentally block the flash, or drop it. The bottom half of the case provides an excellent grip.
* You can use the wrist strap that comes with the camera in addition to the case. No either/or.
* Did I mention it looks great?

The cons:
* I certainly didn't realize, from the description or photos, that the bottom half screws onto the camera by screwing into the tripod mount. Of course! - this provides the method to keep it on! - but it didn't occur to me in advance. It takes some patience to get the camera correctly positioned in the case before you screw it on so that it fits, because it only fits very precisely. I'm a little concerned about damaging the tripod mount, but this may be an unnecessary concern.
* You cannot open the bottom battery & memory card compartment with the case on, obviously. This wouldn't be a big deal if you could access the USB port with the case on, but you can't.
* With the bottom half of the case on, you cannot access the USB port, which means you can't transfer your images to your computer, or charge it with the USB cord, without removing the case. This may not bother some people, but I do this many times a day, and it is kind of a pain to have to remove the case each time. A slightly different cut would have avoided this issue; I'd rather be able to leave the case on as much as possible.

If you're in a rush; need access to the USB port, card, or battery frequently; or not good with the patience & dexterity it takes to get the bottom half screwed on correctly - this isn't the case for you.

Otherwise, it's a great case at a great price.
on November 13, 2012
This is the first time I had to return an item. I bought the MegaGear protection together with the Sony RX100. Upon opening the package I found that the MegaGear does not actually fit the RX100. It really is too big at the top of the camera; you can fit an addition finger in there. Because it fits so loosely; the camera does not get much protection. I guess if you only use it to carry the camera on you neck; it is fine. But to put it in your bag like I normally do. No good. HB PS Great camera by the way... but that is a different topic.
on September 6, 2012
I recently purchased a Sony RX100 and had read comments about how smooth its surface was, making it a bit hard to hold onto. I have another small camera, a Panasonice LX3, for which I had purchased a brown leather case and like how it was protected, so I decided to go for this case from Amazone/MegaGear for those reasons: 1) it seemed the case would make it easier to hold onto the camera and 2) it looked good and added protection. The case came the same day as the camera and I immediately put it on. Very nice fit. The case is well stitched and adds a nice appearance to the camera as well as achieving the two goals I wanted for this camera case. The outer cover snaps on and off easily, and I can just put that outer cover in my pocket or camera bag to facilitate taking pictures. Very nice product, well made and upscale-looking.
0Comment12 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2013
Case fits nicely and we've received numerous positive comments on the retro look. Great value for the price compared to Sony's case.
on October 16, 2013
I bought the Sony RX 100 for vacation and I bought this case to go with it, it didn't even last the 2 weeks I was gone. A snap broke rendering the case useless. I did not like the case anyway, it always felt like it was coming apart. I am now looking for a new one!
on January 2, 2013
Just received this case today for my Sony rx100 (which i received Monday). I love it! I think it's beautiful in brown leather. i can't wait for it to start getting scratched and stained and aged, cause this case looks and feels like my dad's old camera cases, very old school, which (i think) complements the rx100 nicely, seeing as the camera has a kinda through-back look and feel to it. Some have complained that the top of the case leaves too much empty space and does not fit the camera snugly. this is true, but it doesn't detract from the case and actually, i think if you dropped the camera that empty space might serve as a good buffer for the camera and keep it from getting damaged. I'm glad i bought the brown case as opposed to the black; i think the brown looks so vintage and really gives the camera character.

-UPDATE- i didn't realize the case wasn't actually leather. Which in hind-site isn't a surprise. This is still a great case but with some caveats.... caveats that anyone with common sense and looking at the case can see; with this case on, you will not have access to any of the ports (hdmi, usb, sd card). I thought this case would age well and would take o character as it gets nicked and dirty (cause i thought it was leather, it probably won't. that being said; i still think this is a great case for a decent price and the vendor was quite quick in sending it and did not misrepresent the case (i assumed it was leather not pcu). I've knocked off a star but i still highly recommend this case. it will add a level of character to a camera that already has plenty of character.
on September 23, 2012
This is a nice designed, classy feeling case that's ideal for the Sony RX-100. The faux-leather finish, stitching and shape all look quite modernist/Art Deco and make you feel like you're strolling around in the world of Mies van der Rohe and Picasso. It's easy to use and provides good protection against bumps and scratches...and it's really economical compared to the Sony version. The only reason I don't give it five stars is that it is open enough when shut that it won't provide weather protection...this would be really nice.

I carry it using the wrist strap that comes with the camera, which also overcomes the lack of a grip on the very square body of the RX-100.

Nice job, MegaGear.