Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on November 7, 2012
When I purchased my Sony DSC-RX100 camera, I also purchased the Sony camera case. The Sony case was $89.99. While reviewing other camera accessories for my Sony DSC-RX100, I found the MegaGear Ever Ready Protective Brown Leather Camera Case. I ordered it, and when it arrived I compared it to the Sony case. There was no noticeable difference. I returned the Sony case, and with the price difference I was able to purchase other accessories for my camera (battery charger, extra battery, and lens filter) all paid for the difference in savings from the Sony case. I would highly recommend this case to any owner of the Sony DSC-RX100 camera. You will not be disappointed. Great product, well made. Looks good with the contrast between the black camera and brown case.
on January 4, 2013
I think this case looks great. The leather construction is very good, and the price is perfect. There is no way this case was made with RX100 in mind. It just doesn't fit. It's about a half inch too large, which leads to a baggy or oversized look and feel. It makes the camera feel clumsy and unbalanced. The lower leather piece fits well, but covers the USB connector. I could overcome this if the darn thing fit the camera.

Very disappointing.
on August 10, 2013
The product page should provide a better description of how it works.

The pros:
* Looks great!
* Fits very well; the top half is a little loose but not a big deal.
* Shoulder strap is a must-have with this little camera.
* The top half comes off pretty quickly, so the camera is readily accessible the moment you need it.
* As others have noted, the DSC-RX100 is so small, smooth, & tailored that it takes some getting used to - so you don't push buttons, accidentally block the flash, or drop it. The bottom half of the case provides an excellent grip.
* You can use the wrist strap that comes with the camera in addition to the case. No either/or.
* Did I mention it looks great?

The cons:
* I certainly didn't realize, from the description or photos, that the bottom half screws onto the camera by screwing into the tripod mount. Of course! - this provides the method to keep it on! - but it didn't occur to me in advance. It takes some patience to get the camera correctly positioned in the case before you screw it on so that it fits, because it only fits very precisely. I'm a little concerned about damaging the tripod mount, but this may be an unnecessary concern.
* You cannot open the bottom battery & memory card compartment with the case on, obviously. This wouldn't be a big deal if you could access the USB port with the case on, but you can't.
* With the bottom half of the case on, you cannot access the USB port, which means you can't transfer your images to your computer, or charge it with the USB cord, without removing the case. This may not bother some people, but I do this many times a day, and it is kind of a pain to have to remove the case each time. A slightly different cut would have avoided this issue; I'd rather be able to leave the case on as much as possible.

If you're in a rush; need access to the USB port, card, or battery frequently; or not good with the patience & dexterity it takes to get the bottom half screwed on correctly - this isn't the case for you.

Otherwise, it's a great case at a great price.
on August 23, 2012
My new Sony Cybershot RX100 is typical of most cameras in this class - difficult to hold. This MegaGear camera case solves that problem and more. The case is "Retro" stylish, the fit and finish are top notch, and little things like not blocking the charging port have been thought of. The tripod mount is thermolplastic, but appears to be quite strudy. You will have to remove the bottom of the case from the camera to access the battery/memory card compartment, but I knew that so it really isn't an issue.

I "Never" use a camera strap (although a very nice one is included) so the protection that this case provides more than pays the price for the piece of mind you get knowing that if you do happen to drop your camera, at least there is something to absorb the shock. It does make the package somewhat bulkier, but it will still fit in the back pocket of my jeans without causing too much of a noticable buldge.

The case arrived "on time" and in perfect condition from Amazon's Fullfilment partner. Can't beat the overall experience.
on January 2, 2013
Just received this case today for my Sony rx100 (which i received Monday). I love it! I think it's beautiful in brown leather. i can't wait for it to start getting scratched and stained and aged, cause this case looks and feels like my dad's old camera cases, very old school, which (i think) complements the rx100 nicely, seeing as the camera has a kinda through-back look and feel to it. Some have complained that the top of the case leaves too much empty space and does not fit the camera snugly. this is true, but it doesn't detract from the case and actually, i think if you dropped the camera that empty space might serve as a good buffer for the camera and keep it from getting damaged. I'm glad i bought the brown case as opposed to the black; i think the brown looks so vintage and really gives the camera character.

-UPDATE- i didn't realize the case wasn't actually leather. Which in hind-site isn't a surprise. This is still a great case but with some caveats.... caveats that anyone with common sense and looking at the case can see; with this case on, you will not have access to any of the ports (hdmi, usb, sd card). I thought this case would age well and would take o character as it gets nicked and dirty (cause i thought it was leather, it probably won't. that being said; i still think this is a great case for a decent price and the vendor was quite quick in sending it and did not misrepresent the case (i assumed it was leather not pcu). I've knocked off a star but i still highly recommend this case. it will add a level of character to a camera that already has plenty of character.
on July 22, 2014
The MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Brown Leather Camera Case for the Sony RX100 has a nice old school look and appears to be well made. Like others have reported, the case isn't OEM nor does it have an OEM fit. However I feel that it will protect the camera just as well if not better in the event of an accidental drop. The bottom portion of the case fits very well, the top half has about an extra half inch between the top of the camera and the case. Yes this adds a little bit of bulk but I don't see spending 3X the money for a Sony OEM case to save that little bit of space as money well spent. If money is no object then by all means buy the Sony case. As others have also stated this case covers all necessary ports, so removing the camera from the case will be required, it take 10 seconds so I don't see that as being a big deal either. For the money I think this is a budget friendly attractive alternative to much more expensive options.
on September 23, 2012
This is a nice designed, classy feeling case that's ideal for the Sony RX-100. The faux-leather finish, stitching and shape all look quite modernist/Art Deco and make you feel like you're strolling around in the world of Mies van der Rohe and Picasso. It's easy to use and provides good protection against bumps and scratches...and it's really economical compared to the Sony version. The only reason I don't give it five stars is that it is open enough when shut that it won't provide weather protection...this would be really nice.

I carry it using the wrist strap that comes with the camera, which also overcomes the lack of a grip on the very square body of the RX-100.

Nice job, MegaGear.
on September 5, 2012
This case is a classy leather custom case and leather strap at a bargain price. The brown leather is rich looking and the total look reminds me of my father's 1050s rangefinder camera that I first learned to use as a child. It fits my RX100 perfectly. Something has to be above my high expectations to get five stars like this case does.
on October 2, 2012
This case very closely resembles the OEM Sony case with the exception of the missing Sony logo. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was made in the same factory. I know it isn't real leather, but it certainly looks like it.

The design is perfect for the camera. You can detach the top/front piece and put it in your pocket for extended use, or leave it attached as it really isn't in the way. Save yourself the $40 for an aftermarket grip...this case works at least as well, and let's face it, the grip won't keep the camera from falling out of your hand. The strap on the case will. It comes with a matching leather-like strap that can be used with the strap mount accessory that comes with the camera, or you can also attach it to the case. I like the camera mount itelf as you can remove the case and still use the strap by itself.

One great feature is that the USB charge/upload port is accessible without removing the case. Very nice design, good high quality, great value.

Don't hesitate. Buy it. You won't be asking for a return authorization.
on September 13, 2014
Good case for the price. Two things I don't like about the case are it's loose fit and shoulder strap attachments to the camera, which tend to slip. Other than this, the case protects the camera very well, provides grip when shooting, and gives the camera a traditional look.