5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent value!
I have been using this case with my NEX-7 now for about 3 weeks; it's a really good value. The case is durable and very functional. I really like that you can remove the cover and retain the body guard. Comments about the leather are largely true, it isn't a real high quality grain leather but in case you didn't miss it the price is only like 30 bucks! From my...
Published 21 months ago by Spiro

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit. Cheaper alternative to Sony one. Broke immediately
This case mirrors my review for the Sony-made case. As such, I will paste that case's review here and edit it for the MegaGear one. The edits will be enclosed within brackets like so: [edit].

"This case fits the NEX-7 perfectly with the kit lens attached. It also fits with the Carl Zeiss 24mm f1.8 Sonnar E-mount lens on. The lens hoods have to be taken off...
Published 12 months ago by M. Y. "Photographer | Outd...

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Attractive, Convenient, September 12, 2012
Erin W. Buck (MEMPHIS, TN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MegaGear Ever Ready Protective Black Leather Camera Case, Bag for Sony NEX-7 with Lens (Camera)
This case is perfect for when I want to carry my NEX-7 in my regular messenger bag instead of a dedicated camera bag and when I'm out and about on travel. It adds virtually no bulk, has a great texture and grip, and has thus far protected my camera exactly as promised. Plus I think it's visually attractive and doesn't look "cheap".

The case comes in 2 sections with the bottom piece screwing into the tripod mount; the second piece snaps securely into this bottom piece on either side of the screw. When I want to remove this second piece to take a picture, it's easy to pop another snap and allow the second part of the case to "dangle" below the camera... or I can continue to remove it completely by undoing the two remaining snaps. (This makes a lot more sense if you look at the product pictures displaying the bottom of the case.) There are two additional snaps on either side of the lens, but I only use these when I know I won't be using my camera for awhile, like when I'm chucking the camera back in my bag. But when the camera is in my hands or hanging from my neck ready for use, I never use these two snaps, and the case still provides nearly 100% protection while being easier to remove for quick pictures.

As to fit around the camera, it's nearly perfect although there are just a few things to be aware of (none of them major concerns in my book though). The biggest grip is accessing the battery and/or memory card. To do so, the entire case (both pieces) must be removed. This can be a pain if you need to switch out memory cards frequently. There is also enough wiggle room between the case's flap that covers the screen/controls to easily insert my finger. So keep your camera-in-case away from rogue, evil pencils and such. I have the standard 18-55mm and the 30mm macro lens, and they both fit perfectly with their front caps on. However, there's not room for a lens hood or the telephoto lens. Also, the case (just the bottom piece) allows you to pull out and take advantage the adjustable lcd screen, although I the first few times I had to use a fingernail to get it started. Lastly, the case leaves room for the shoulder strap to be attached and swing freely.

Bottom line: Love this product, and highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera Case for Nex 7, September 8, 2012
I love the way the case fits my Nex 7 with the standard lens.
I wish it had someway to accommodate my larger Lens as well..
The case is well made and looks GOOD!

4.0 out of 5 stars good protection, August 26, 2012
The case and fits the camera well and looks like it will provide well rounded protection for some time to come. Everything about the case seems well made. The lens cover perfectly fits the 18-55mm lens that case with my camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, well made camera case, August 23, 2012
I had looked at buying the sony case for the nex7 and was stunned by how expensive it was. I then found the MegaGear case. It was a steal. It fits extremely well. Is very nicely constructed and looks sharp. I actually bought both the black and the red case. Is there a second nose for the case that I can buy for longer lenses?

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-fitting case for Nex-7, August 20, 2012
This case offers a well-designed option for the Nex-7. It fits the camera very well and is easy to snap on and off. The case is nicely padded with a soft felt interior. The leather is not of the same quality as the Sony case but the Sony case is 6x more expensive. This case offers excellent quality and outstanding value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera Case, August 6, 2012
I recently purchased a Sony NEX-7. I am very particular about the devices that I own, and wanted a case that would protect my investment. I also prefer to travel light and be mobile - I am used to carrying a small compact Canon. This case solved both problems - it adds very little in weight or size to the camera, but it protects the NEX-7. I especially like that it has two pieces - I can remove one piece and have access to the lens, flash, buttons, screen while leaving on the hard leather bottom piece to improve grip and protect against any minor falls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sony NEX-7 case for basic camera, August 25, 2012
Bob Hein (Colorado, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This leather case has the potential to really be great. If you use the standard lens that comes with the NEX-7, the cover does well. It is a little deeper for the body than it needs to be, but works fine. What the product really needs is an optional lens cover that snaps on the basic body case, but fits the Sony 18-200mm lens. If this additional lens cover were available this would be a cost effective outstanding case..

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced protection for NEX 7, September 15, 2012
Is this case really made of leather? Hmmm ... don't think so. The material seems to be synthetic.
However, it does a good job of protecting the camera. The case is light weight and is padded on the inside. I also like the retro look!

5.0 out of 5 stars Protective Camera Case, August 31, 2012
The case is good to protect your camara from normal use like scratchs. It it rains the water can get to the camara from the back and to access the memory card or the usb port becomes tedious if have to move it many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Case review, July 30, 2012
I was looking for a product that helped protect my camera. This product has provided good security for the camera and is a relatively compact. Great product.

ARRAY(0x9b744ce4)