5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent value!
I have been using this case with my NEX-7 now for about 3 weeks; it's a really good value. The case is durable and very functional. I really like that you can remove the cover and retain the body guard. Comments about the leather are largely true, it isn't a real high quality grain leather but in case you didn't miss it the price is only like 30 bucks! From my...
Published on July 5, 2012 by Spiro

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit. Cheaper alternative to Sony one. Broke immediately
This case mirrors my review for the Sony-made case. As such, I will paste that case's review here and edit it for the MegaGear one. The edits will be enclosed within brackets like so: [edit].

"This case fits the NEX-7 perfectly with the kit lens attached. It also fits with the Carl Zeiss 24mm f1.8 Sonnar E-mount lens on. The lens hoods have to be taken off...
Published 18 months ago by M. Y. "Photographer | Outd...

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels nice in my hands, January 12, 2014
This review is from: MegaGear Ever Ready Protective Black Leather Camera Case, Bag for Sony NEX-7 with Lens (Electronics)
I can only give 4 stars because this case will only support the 18-55 lens or smaller. While that is the lens that comes with the kit version of this camera many people will gravitate towards the 55-210. (love that lens by the way)
My primary purpose for the 18-55 is underwater which means I can't use this case for the camera unless I'm topside and probably in a house or somewhere I will only be shooting <15ft. As a result I won't have too much purpose for this setup.
Having gotten that off my chest, there was a lot of thought put into this product. It allows the shooter to remove the lens cap and have both hands on the camera quickly as subjects present themselves. The added sheath around the camera body has a nice feel in my large hands as this body doesn't fill my palms naturally.
This was a Christmas present so I can't speak towards shipping or support.

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects the NEX-7 well, August 12, 2012
Acclivity (Moorpark, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this since it was much cheaper than the yet "Coming soon" fit case from Sony. The leather of course is not real leather but, descent enough. It fits the camera well but, not the sunshade! So if you are shuoting photos outside you'll be out of lock closing the case with the sunshade attached and would have to constantly take it on and off if you want to close the case. The other thing is that when the front part of the case is open it hangs in front of the camera and makes it very hard to take a photo and forces you to detach this part from the bottom which defeats the whole purpose of a fit case like this. Overall if you want to buy the smallest case for this camera just to carry it around and then take it off the case and use it this is the cheapest and smallest you can find, otherwise would like to wait and see what sony will come up with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Protective, December 17, 2013
R. Garza (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I find this case to be extremely sturdy and protective of my Sony NEX-7 camera that I love but also very functional and not difficult. This case however, does not look like leather to me; however, this is by no means degrades the quality of this product though. The fact that I can unsnap the lens hood and allow it to dangle below (still attached) and take my pictures is a huge plus for me. I do not have any problems unsnapping quickly in order to get that "quick" unexpected moment when I want to take a picture. You can also completely unsnap the lens hood off and still have a little body protection on the camera. This is the WAY TO GO for a camera case when you are using the original lens. You could not put a larger lens and still use the lens hood but you could use the body protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection for the NEX-7, July 5, 2012
The case is a reminder of the years when many cameras came with a leather case. Although these were often just in the way, they did serve as protection from bumps, dust, rain, and other hazards. This case fits perfectly with the 18-55mm or Zeiss 24mm lens attached. Seems to do the job very efficiently while looking very handsome. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced protection for NEX 7, September 15, 2012
Is this case really made of leather? Hmmm ... don't think so. The material seems to be synthetic.
However, it does a good job of protecting the camera. The case is light weight and is padded on the inside. I also like the retro look!

5.0 out of 5 stars Protective Camera Case, August 31, 2012
The case is good to protect your camara from normal use like scratchs. It it rains the water can get to the camara from the back and to access the memory card or the usb port becomes tedious if have to move it many times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, September 24, 2012
I was looking for a relatively inexpensive camera bag for my NEX-7 which would provide a decent amount of protection since I plan to have it in my backpack all of the time. The case far exceeded my expectations. It was well built, provides adequate protection, and looks good.

I will take one star off for the black paint on the metallic screw at the bottom being a little chipped when I received the case. Otherwise, the case is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent fit for decent price, July 5, 2012
This is a great case with great fit and snaps for the cheap price. Its a tad loose on the lens part, but the huge price difference between this one and the one by Sony is something I could easily overlook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Case review, July 30, 2012
I was looking for a product that helped protect my camera. This product has provided good security for the camera and is a relatively compact. Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, October 9, 2012
This case is perfect for the NEX-7. It fits well and it is easy to drop the front, snap som photos, and cover it up again. It's a must have travel accessory. I'm using it with the Zeiss 24mm f1.8 with lens hood mounted backwards. It fits snuggly but comfortably. The other lenses I have without lens hoods work great with this case too.