Customer Discussions > TH1RT3EN forum

Megadeth Thirteen is gonna include 3 previously released tracks...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2011 3:18:36 PM PDT
Four if you count Sudden Death. New World Order and millennium of the blind are from Youthinasia and Black Swan is from United Abominations. I like all of the tracks (well.. Sudden Death not so much) especially Black Swan...but isn't this kinda cheating?

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 5:20:28 PM PDT
D. Ashton says:
Well.. not quite. New World Order is only a demo on the Remastered release of Youthanasia, and Millennium of the blind is also only on the Remastered edition. And Black Swan is a bonus track from a NON USA released version of United Abominations.

And Sudden Death has not not been released on a CD... only as an MP3 download.

So if one only has the original USA releases of the CDs then one does not have these songs as official releases.

I'm looking forward to the new CD non the less.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011 6:17:08 PM PDT
So am I, but as a big fan I obviously bought the remastered editions back then, got black swan for free for preordering UA through the merchant posted on the Megadeth website (I actually got UA for free as well due to an error the merchant made!) and bought Sudden Death on iTunes as soon as it came out. Actually, the version of New World Order that's in Warchest is not the demo- I have that too. Thats why I feel kinda cheated.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 6:30:43 PM PDT
D. Ashton says:
True, the version on Warchest is not a demo of New World Order, but that is not the CD you stated before. :oP

My opinion is that is a good idea to include the songs on '13', as many people will not have them otherwise. And many will not want to get the remasters for a few extra tracks.

Although Warchest is well worth it, with all the non CD tracks.

Just my thoughts...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2011 7:55:48 PM PDT
Metalhammer says:
Wow, hearing that kind of ticks me off, not at Megadeht, because it probably is a good idea to finally release these songs, sort of a second hidden treasures is what they should've just done, including Crown Of Worms, and One Thing, but, what bugs me is I have all these songs on the version of Risk I made. I took the few songs I could tolerate, couple I actually like, and mixed them with previously mentioned songs, and Kill The King, made a pretty decent cd out of it, and that's how the album is on my ipod. Guess I'll have to redo that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2011 9:00:57 AM PDT
I do the same thing when I don't like entire albums. I load the songs that I do like on my ipod and put them together on one playlist.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 7:13:03 AM PDT
Ben says:
The songs should be pretty awesome though redone with Chris on lead guitar.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011 7:47:49 AM PDT
Now that I think about it..that's what they probably did- re-record NWO and MOTB since both those songs never went beyond the demo phase (NWO wasn't properly produced/recorded and MOTB is very short so you could say it's "incomplete" ... just like My Creation).

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 10:53:51 PM PDT
Welcome back Dave Ellefson!

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 12:13:07 PM PDT
jimthar says:
well the songs have all been reworked and re-recorded so they're taken out of the demo stage and made into FULL songs for us to enjoy. i too have some of the remasters with a few of these songs on them but, they're demos. i've never liked demos and have always hated when bands throw them on cd's as "bonus tracks", acting like you're actually getting something special when, in reality, all it is is an unfinished song that means nothing. i'm glad they took these songs out of the demo state and redid them into full on songs so we can finally hear them the right way. i did not however get UA with 'black swan' on it so i will be hearing that one for the first time on this album. though i do think the inclusion of that track is a bit wierd since it was, technically, released on a megadeth album already. but i'm still looking forward to hearing it, and the full album. the 3 tracks that have already been released, 'sudden death', 'never dead' and 'public enemy no 1' are all awesome so i'm really hoping that the rest of the album is in the same vein.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 6:55:41 PM PDT
Yep. D. Ellefson's last interview confirms the songs were re-recorded/completed, and Black Swan remains the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 2:31:40 PM PDT
Metalhammer says:
Too bad they didn't do a full version of My Creation.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2011 2:35:59 PM PDT
jimthar says:
hey you never know, that may be on the "fourteen" album. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2011 11:51:11 AM PDT
Metalhammer says:
Well given how Dave, over the past decade, has loved re-doing old songs, you're right. I'm kind of torn, on my thoughts on him doing this here. On one hand these songs weren't really released on a whole album, remasters not counting, but on the other hand there are enough songs that he could make a second Hidden Treasures type of album, or just re-release that one with all these songs on there. Hell they still have several good songs not on actual studio albums, Kill the King, One Thing, Crown Of Worms. Sudden Death I figured would be on here, so that one doesn't bother me.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 4:26:30 PM PDT
Henry G. says:
I bought this CD Nov. 1st (Release Date). Freaking AWESOME. BTW, for you fans of the older stuff that have the Realtek audio... stuff... on Windows 7, as awesome as these songs are AS IS, if you put the "pitch shifter" setting on to +1, it sounds somewhat like his younger voice. Just a fun tidbit there.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 4:37:54 PM PDT
jimthar says:
yeah i can see how this would turn some people off, being as there's 5 "new/old" songs on there. and i must admit, i do feel a bit wierd about it. but at the same time, as i stated earlier, it's good to hear these songs out of the demo stage. and i think in a bit of time people will get over it and just enjoy the album as a whole. so far the only song he's redone that i didn't like at all was the remake of 'a tout le monde' on UA. that version of the song was absolutely terrible and unnecessary as we all already love the original. that'd be like going back and rerecording 'holy wars' or something in the attempt to make it "better". yeah thats not gonna happen. it's perfect as is so just leave it alone. the good thing with these songs is they were all incomplete anyway so, it's not like he's really RUINING anything, you know? and it does bug me that 'kill the king' was never released on an official megadeth record. that song is just awesome. 'crown of worms' is pretty cool too. i put that one on a megadeth mix i made. i've never heard 'my creation' though. at least i dont think i have.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2011 9:32:26 AM PDT
Metalhammer says:
I heard My Creation, and it's ok I guess. But it's only a brief minute and a half song. I'm guessing it's a demo too. Now if Dave remade that song I'd be fine with it. Course I'm fine with all of the remakes on this album. Have to agree on A Tout Le Monde remake though. The original is prefect. There's really no need to mess with a good thing. Yeah love Kill The King and Crown Of Worms. One Thing is also decent, but it does suffer a bit from being done in the Cryptic Writings sessions, not that I dislike that album, but it certainly wasn't their best.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 7:47:55 AM PST
Well, now that I've actually listened to the album, I can say that I LOVE Millennium of the Blind! How Dave seamlessly tied the old somewhat subjective lyrics with currents events through new lyrics is fantastic. I really hope that he does the same with My Creation some day. I also enjoy the definitive version of New World Order. Black Swan I do skip because I'm used to and love the original version (that song was NOT a demo when it was released back then).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  TH1RT3EN forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Sep 18, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
TH1RT3EN
TH1RT3EN by Megadeth (Audio CD - 2011)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (210)