Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on May 18, 2013
I got the album due to Sail, however, the only other song I enjoy is "Not your fault" anyway, maybe the album will grow on me...
on April 7, 2014
i only bought it for the song 'sail' and that was the only song i liked on it. the others just didn't appeal to me.. they were kind of weird
on June 23, 2015
I bought a brand new copy mainly because i live the song sail and it has three spots just in that song that it skips on the first play
on April 8, 2014
Just buy "sail" and move on. I have listened to this entire album several times and it is just not that great
on October 2, 2013
there was was only credits and half of the tracks were like 30 second tracks of idk . not impressed
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2016
I only like a few songs on this, and they are all sail.....I figured I would like more of them
on February 25, 2012
Like everyone else, absolutely loved Sail. The unfortunate consequence of this is I expected the album to sound at least somewhat similar - Dark, melodic synths - a progressive grunge, of sorts. So as you can imagine, I was surprised, to find this was actually a pop album. I suppose that's my own fault for placing expectations on it (we all know what they say about expectations...). Hopefully, and I say this selfishly, they capitalize on the sound that they produced with Sail and come out with future releases that have more of that dark progressive grunge style. It's pretty badass. I'll refrain from commenting on the other songs because there's nothing constructive that will come of it. I'm a listener of all sorts of music and genres. From Mozart, to Metallica, to Method Man and everything in between. Needless to say, I enjoy different sounds, particularly when musicians can touch on different styles and explore their artistic limits (Radiohead, anyone?), but I do feel a certain amount of deception when listening to Sail and expecting a different kind of album. It's akin to buying a Metallica album based on hearing Enter Sandman, only to find that the rest of the album is filled with 'NSync type tunes. At the end of the day, yes, it is my own fault for having this expectation, but it doesn't remove my disappointment from the rest of the album that other listeners probably feel. If you liked it, great, this is merely one man's opinion.
on March 18, 2012
If you are considering buying this album because you heard "Sail," on the radio, then save your money. "Sail," is a gross misrepresentation of the album as a whole. I bought this album under the impression that AWOLNation was a dark, industrial, alternative rock band with brooding lyrics and a gritty sound, but instead they sound more like pop. It sounds much more upbeat than I expected and "Sail," is an anomoly that just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the album. They sound a bit like Snow Patrol at times, but with more positive lyrics like Colby Caillat. It sounds interesting sure, but it's actually pretty dumb. "Sail," is great, the rest of the album - not so much.
on May 30, 2013
I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that I bought this cd for one song - sail - and hoped there would be more like it on the album. There's not.
on April 24, 2013
The track from Vikings is the only song I really like on the whole album. I am not sure why, but this album has such a range of styles.