|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
Megalithic Symphony Deluxe
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Megalithic Symphony - 3/5 - A simple intro song. Interesting sounding, a good start to the album.
2. Some Sort of Creature - 1/5 - I don't really know why this song is on the album. It kind of ruins the flow set up by the first song.
3. Soul Wars - 5/5 - The first real song on the album and it kicks it off with a bang. This song is up tempo and extremely fun. It combines a quick fun verse, and then a hard hitting chorus that combines screaming and singing. Great song.
4. People - 4/5 - I've never been a fan of songs that start off with talking, and this song takes a penalty for this. But as soon as it gets to the actual song, this song is more of an uplifting close-to-epic track.
5. Jump on My Shoulders - 4/5 - This song is similar to People, but much more simple. It's basically a fun tune, and nothing more.
6. Burn it Down - 5/5 - The sheer anarchy of this song is what makes it so perfect. Starting off with a crazy drum fill and then a quick beat and lots of screaming makes this song not only fun to listen to, but also gives the feeling of being on a thrill ride. One of the best songs on the album.
7. Guilty Filthy Soul - 5/5 - I love this song! It sort of sounds like a modern rock version of a Jackson 5 song.
8. Kill Your Heroes - 5/5 - Not as dark as it sounds, and actually turns out to be a bit up-lifting with lyrics "No need to worry, because everybody will die," in one of the best choruses of the album. Great song.
9.Read more ›
AWOLnation has a truly original sound and unique voice in Aaron Bruno (signer / lead songwriter) His vocal skills are eminent and range a variety of genres... he can sing catchy melodies, break out into staccato vocal beats, rise to epic emotional rock screams, drop back into a rap line, and then into a multi piece gospel harmony with backup vocals and instruments... and often, all these vocal styles in a single song. The result is a great variety and range of pace and emotion.
The rest of the band is very good as well.. including Blind Melon guitarist Chris Thorn... and even though the music is heavily Pro-Tools produced, AWOLnation manages to pull off really great live performances.. (check out YouTube for various live tracks) .... the true test of their musicianship.
In addition to nailing the cross pollination of several genres, writing catchy melodies, and having great production values, I will also say that this band does a great job of writing songs that "breathe" well... they deftly allow space in between beats and melodies to give the downbeats and changes a great effect. Translation: They get your head bobbing!
The entire album is very good... I've listened through it several dozen times now. It's well worth the purchase.
FIRST LISTEN HITS:
-> "SAIL" (5/5 stars)
Their first single / radio hit... a dark sounding song combining ripping electronic synth bass, staccato string chops, catchy guitar arpeggios, and a combination of great vocal melodies and heavy angst filled vocals.Read more ›
About 4 years ago I discovered a band called "Under the Influence of Giants" who is such a great band...I was sad to hear they made one great album and split up...Now to back to the present, I rectently discovered Awolnation through Amazon (like all of my music) and very quickly became attached to the album. I thought there was something very familiar about the sound of the vocals/sound...I looked it up, and sure enough Its Aaron Bruno from Under the Influence of Giants. I was very impressed when I found out its his solo project!
I cant stress enough how inspiring all of the tracks are on this album (besides track 2 which doesnt make any sense). Aaron Bruno is very talented! Such original sound, with upbeat sound and very broad vocals. I highly recommend this album to anyone who is a fan of Under the Influence of Giants, or anyone who is looking to add another superb album to their collection.
I tried it again the next week - liked the whole second half.
Listened to it again the same day - realized the whole album was great.
Literally was the only thing I listened to on my iPod for 2.5 weeks.
I'm still going.
I genuinely love this album. It's probably one of the best all-around albums I've heard in a long time.
AWOLNATION doesn't constrain himself to just one style of music - he's dedicated to making each song great. And that's what make this album so good. He didn't say "let's make a rock album" - he said "let's make a great one".
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is one of my favorite bands lately. This album was truly a breakthrough for them. Like it a lot and glad I found them.Published 14 days ago by Steven
Great album from start to finish. Gave this to my husband for Christmas and he loves it.Published 18 days ago by S. Travis
Great two-disc set. This album has a lot of variety for only being from one band.Published 25 days ago by Jacob Tobin
If you like AWOLNATION, you'll probably enjoy Aaron Bruno's previous band, Under the Influence of Giants. They're one of my favorite bands of all time.Published 2 months ago by Keith
A few good tracks, but as a whole the album is mediocre. If I had it to do over, I would just buy the top 10 tracks instead of the whole album.Published 3 months ago by James A Swanson
I cannot get enough of AWOLNATION.
Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love ...
Just buy the music!!!! \m/