Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 11 oz - 1 Pack|Change

I purchased Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax to use on an old Corvette I purchased. The car's finish was in pretty good shape despite being 22 years old. Since the paint was original, I didn't want anything to harsh, and I wanted to do it by hand. Much to my surprise, Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax made the car look almost like new. The paint color is black, and it shines like a mirror. When my neighbor saw my car, he asked if I had it repainted. Besides looking great, the wax was also easy to get on and off. I really can't think of anything negative to say about it other than it costs more than most waxes. But in this case, you definitely get what you pay for. Highly recommended.
on November 2, 2010
I never thought of using paste wax, I used the liquid version of this wax, I was very pleased with the results, but the paste was way easier to use. The container comes with an application sponge which can be stored in the tin. It was less messy than liquid, I can never go back to a liquid now. I'm not sure about the durability of the wax, but since I use a spray wax regularly and a good detailer.....dirt has no chance of stickin to my car's paint.
I will buy this wax again.
VINE VOICEon August 21, 2008
I love taking care of my vehicles. I have used many expensive, imported products over the years. However, Meguiar's keeps winning me back with their incredible offerings. They are of high quality, effective, easy to find, and affordable (while being as good as expensive boutique products in the opinion of many "car crazy," people like myself).

Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Wax is another example of that experience. Meguiar's effectively markets this wax and who doesn't love using something called Gold Class that comes in beautiful packaging? However, it is not smoke and mirrors. Inside the tin is a very good wax that will greatly enhance your paint's finish, while providing all-important protection.

Today, liquid waxes tend to be more popular, and Gold Class is certainly available in liquid. Both versions are the same formula and provides the same benefits and results according to Meguiar's. However, call me old fashioned, but there is something about applying a paste wax that I enjoy. I find it fun, and the tin and packaging of this paste wax is really gorgeous. It feels like something that is valuable and of the highest quality. I like that!

For optimum results I strongly encourage you before you apply Gold Class, to clay your car (Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit works great), clean with a paint cleaner (i.e. Deep Crystal Step 1), optionally polish with a pure polish (Deep Crystal Step 2 or #7 Show Car Polish), and then apply this wax. The results are truly remarkable. Again, I have used many waxes to top off my detailing, and Gold Class is one I keep going back to. It's one of my favorites and one of the best.

To maintain your shine between washings and detailing, remove loose dirt and contaminants with Quick Detailer, or Ultimate Quick Detailer.

Meguiar's keeps delivering the good stuff, and I'm a fan.
on July 31, 2012
I've had my Volvo for a little over a year and I recently discovered the joy of detailing it. I've had no problem keeping it CLEAN, but I wanted to go all-out this time. After reading reviews on this wax from several sources, I didn't want to wait, and ran to wal-mart and picked some up yesterday. I waxed my car last night. I didn't even use the clay or polish first, and after looking at it in the sun today I was blown away [see pictures]. I will be using this wax regularly.

It's VERY easy to apply, and just as easy to remove...though removal requires patience and some elbow grease. BUT, I'm a 21-year-old female...so if I can do it without tiring out, I think anyone can! It took about two hours to complete the wax [and my car's pretty small], so keep that in mind. Maybe I'll be able to do it faster next time.

A lot of people believe it's best to wax one section at a time. Personally, I think how you do it is dependent on your own preference. For my car, I applied the wax to the hood, then to the trunk. Then removed it from the hood, then removed it from the trunk. Then applied it to the rest of the front end, then the rest of the rear end, then removed in the same order. Did the same with the doors and the roof. I did it this way because it gave the wax plenty of time to dry on each section but didn't require me to remove it all at once, or to sit there and wait for it to dry. You can really do it however you want, as long as you give it time to dry [which is like, 10 - 15 minutes per section]. I used the applicator in the tin to apply it, and two microfiber cloths to remove it.

Overall, I think this wax is worth 3x the price. It's easy to apply & remove, and has a VERY rewarding result. I'll be recommending it to everyone I know with a car.
on September 24, 2015
I purchased this at my local store the same day I thought about waxing my car and I have to say this stuff is amazing! I love the smell of carnauba wax or carnauba car soap (like a banana smell). I applied this with the Meguiar's DA Power System (I didn't have the $ to buy a big DA kit plus the black waxing pad made it so fast and easy to apply wax). I think this wax enhances my cars shine. The very next day that I drove it I had heads turning. I applied the wax easily and let it dry for about an hour or so and this stuff came off without any issues. I love the reflection this gives off my car.

I use Meguiar's gold class quik detailer followed by Meguiar's gold class carnauba quik wax to keep it clean before I wash my car.
I used to use liquid wax I think in my opinion liquid is more messy that or I just fell in love with this paste wax and I will never go back to liquid!
Always remember when applying wax to use a thin coat of wax if you use too much you're just wasting product and it will be a pain to remove it.
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon February 23, 2013
I had already used the clay bars on my Corvette to clean the painted surface then I had applied a liquid polish my Mothers and the car looked very decent. I then applied the Meguiars Gold Class wax and the results were excellent. There is a pad in the container when made application easy and I just let it dry and then took a soft cloth and removed the wax coating. The result if a very nice looking surface. I will be putting a couple of more coats on the car before I take it to the next show. I ddi this by hand and perhaps all of this would have been easier if I had an electric polisher. I am now looking for that machine.
on April 14, 2016
First impression, it's Great! I own a 15 yo Ford pickup. It is a truck that has never been garaged. I've had it while I've lived in either AZ or NV. LOTS of heat and sun and it sits out 24/7. Its a daily driver and I don't spend a lot of time keeping it clean or waxed. I do try to wax it every 2-3 months. With the summer coming, I decided to try a new wax and this one had good reviews without being a budget buster.
I used an orbital polisher with terry cloth pad to apply it, and a microfiber pad to take it off. Went on and off easier than what I had been using (and I've tried a few over the years). No gumming, white dust or little balls of stuff left behind.
The shine is incredible!!! Now, if it holds up to the summer, but that has to wait for a later date.
on March 29, 2015
Very similar to carnauba waxes of old but this one is well priced and does a great quality of work. First the application process is simple and relatively easy, spread thin and this product is a soft paste so it easily goes over the car or truck. The drying time is just like most waxes between 10-15 minutes which is always a good quality because it let me do more areas of the truck while I wanted for a section to dry. The wiping when dry is always the toughest part but you its always a good reminder that waxing it twice a year (at least) is better than a repaint in 5. The great part of this product is that it dries with a dull yellow and you can tell them the drying is complete or at least close to being dry. I can say that the shine came a lot from this wax and I know that I will be buying this wax again for that show room shine but I will stick with the ultimate wax that they offer for my wax going into the winter months because of the added protection, but who doesn't like that shine in the summer. I hope this helps and any questions just ask. Thanks
on April 3, 2016
I have been using for years. Every vehicle dating back to my 87 ram I have used Meguiars. I swear by it. Before every winter I use the complete line which is also amazing really helps for easy clean up of road grime. The best
on March 4, 2016
I chose to try this recently after using maguires clean and polish wax for years. This stuff is incredible. The slippery feel it leaves, it lasts well, it goes on thinner than most paste waxes, and comes off easily once cured. The shine and the way it makes the color of the paint pop really need to be seen to be fully appreciated. It does a fantastic job protecting the cars finish as well. My car is my baby, and I wouldn't use it if it didn't really, truly protect the car. I'm impressed, and that doesn't happen very often.