5.0 out of 5 stars Tire shine that works like a charm
Published on June 22, 2007 by Virginia Trammell Jericho

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work as advertised
Took multiple coats on my pickup tires. Never really left a nice, shiny surface even though the tires were very clean prior to applying. Impossible in the sun. Don't get it on any colored plastic (black) or it will leave it with white streaks and haze. Meguiar's Hot Shine in the aerosol spray can, for whatever reason, works so much better than this and right now is my...
Published 4 months ago by jeepmanjr

5.0 out of 5 stars Tire shine that works like a charm, June 22, 2007
This review is from: Meguiar's G12024 Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray - 24 oz. (Automotive)
I do not normally comment on another person's review, but I have to address some of the things mentioned on this page. No matter what tire spray/shine you use to give your tires a new, shiny look it will always stain the cement of your driveway. The chemicals used in these products are wide ranging and for anyone to think they won't leave a stain is in for a surprise. In this case you either put plywood under your tires to absorb the overspray, or don't use it at all. In a worst case scenario, there are also cleaning products out there specifically designed to clean all stains (tire shine, oil, grease) from your cement carport or garage area.

The second negative thing mentioned with this product in another review that I have to comment about is that it does not last long. This entirely depends on where you are at and what terrain you are driving in. I've noticed that if you drive on paved roads on a regular basis and avoid mud puddles, it can hold a good, solid shine for about 3 - 4 weeks. If you are in an area where your tires are on dirt or gravel roads or picking up a lot of debris and dust then sure, you would be lucky to have it last 3 days.

For the price you cannot go wrong and I think Meguiar's Tire spray is the best one on the shelf when it comes to giving your tires a nice, new shiny look. Highly Recommended!

Virginia Jericho

5.0 out of 5 stars Every weekend detailer needs this in their garage..., July 28, 2005
I may not wax my car every other weekend, but one thing that always dresses up a clean car is a set of glossy tires.

I've used this product several times and have been impressed with it every time. The adjustable nozzle controls the width of the spray path, which offers great precision without the worry of overspray.

Other tire dressing products may require another pass to keep the tires this glossy, but the Meguiar's not only looks good on one application, but lasts longer too.

No car nut should be without this. Bravo, Meguiar's.

5.0 out of 5 stars The correct way to get the longest shine on your tires!, January 3, 2012
I want to start off by saying this is the best product on the market for the price you pay (personally i like the aeresol because there is little to no over spray and it is easier to use) . I detail cars off to the side because that is what i love to do. For those who dont know what that is I buff, wax, interior dressing, carpet cleaning, and tire dressing. For most people this product will only last about a week or so depending upon the weather. Now if you want your tires to shine for a solid month here is how you do it... you are going to need to get Turtle Wax T463 Ice Wheel and Tire Cleaner - 22 Ounce it is the best brake dust/ road grime remover out there (your tires will already be noticeably cleaner after this stage) this is like the primer, you will want to apply this before you wash your car. when you apply this agitate it with a brush and just rinse it off you'll notice that lots of grime is coming off of the tires/rims. after you finish washing your vehicle make sure that the tires are dry then simply apply the shine and walk away you'll have a deep shine that will last weeks! Trust me this comes from experience i used to be frustrated with this product until i found out how to make it last. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product at an Excellent Price, September 30, 2009
Gepetto (Mendota Heights, MN) - See all my reviews
This product is VERY easy to use and makes tires look like new. My children and grand children take my ATV "who knows where" and it comes back looking like a swamp buggy. But after they spray clean the ATV and then dress the tires with Meguiar's tire dress, my ATV looks like new again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glosssy black loving it, May 6, 2013
Loved the quality and Meguiar products can be trusted. i had been using them for 3 yrs on my mustang and is completely satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the shine, April 12, 2013
This product works as advertised. There are so many products meant to shine your tire and some last long and some don't. This one last for a few days to a couple weeks in my experience. The reason I say this is because depending on where you drive is how long it will last for. This stains your tires to make them shine. Try is yourself and you wont be disappointed.

If this review helped you please let me know. Thanks and happy shopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, April 16, 2013
Another great product from Meguiar. Shines nice and not overly priced. Great product and I would recommend it to those who are serious about a shine.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best tire shine yet, March 15, 2013
This is the best tire shine I've ever tried. I've used it and the tires look better than factory status. Got complements that I got new tires when they're 2 years old

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2014 Grand Cherokee has the shiniest tires in NY., October 1, 2014
DeeDeeRN (Westchester,NY) - See all my reviews
My friend owns an auto body shop and was the one who recommended Meguiar's products to me. I'm so glad I took his advice. I absolutely love this stuff!! I'm sure if a guy was writing this review he'd include instructions like, spray tires from an 8 inch distance. Let dry. Spray again but this time in a circular motion, then buff your tires in a counter clockwise direction ... But here's what this girl did, I sprayed the tires. Period. And they look fantastic. Has the shiny "wet" look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good shine, lasts quite a bit, December 25, 2013
EL KEVO (Ponce, Puerto Rico Puerto Rico) - See all my reviews
While Armor all and other tire shine products that normally come in spray cans give slightly more shine, I prefer this spray bottles because they it lasts longer than 3 uses.

As for Meguiar's Hot and Shine, I like the decent amount of shine it gives, the tire stays shiny for more than a week and It doesnt sling on the wheels. I even tried spraying it without using an applicator and it works well and doesnt sling either.

If you want the best shine, stick with the $5, 3 uses spray cans. If you want more bang for your buck, a very good shine and a bottle that lasts longer then go with Meguiar's hot and Shine.