5.0 out of 5 stars Super for the price
Published on January 6, 2006 by Adam Petrone

3.0 out of 5 stars Good wax, but could use improvement
PROS: Wet and reflective, hides imperfections, sheets water as opposed to beading, foam applicator included (wish other manufacturers did this more often!)

CONS: Doesn't last very long compared to other sealants, shine fades quickly, product stains trim

Published on September 16, 2010 by Jeff

5.0 out of 5 stars Super for the price, January 6, 2006
This review is from: Meguiar's G12718 NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 - 18 oz. (Automotive)
I own a detail shop. I have tried many products over the years and have found the polymer products work the best. I use Zaino as my main finish protectant. But did give NXT Tech Wax a try. I always try new products on my own cars before any customers. I waxed both my 2004 auto's in the same weekend, 1 with Zaino's and the other with NXT Tech Wax. As far as I can see the NXT went on and off as easy, left as deep a shine and seems to stand up to the eliments just as well as the Zaino's. With the only real difference being price I'll be using the NXT Tech wax from now on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 24, 2005
J. C. (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I don't have a lot of time washing and waxing my car. So, this product works well for me because it goes on easy and wipes off easy. My car is a silver metalic and this works great on it. I definitely notice a mirror like shine after applying just one coat. The surface is also slick and water just beads on top of it. A draw back is that it doesn't seem to last very long as my last waxing job lasted only about 2-3 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Wax/Sealant - Possibly!, July 22, 2008
I love taking care of my vehicles. I have used many expensive, imported products over the years. However, Meguiar's keeps winning me back with their incredible offerings. They are of high quality, effective, easy to find, and affordable. However, take the affordable off. I'd use their products, if they were 3x the price because I've used products that cost that much and are less effective.

Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 highlights that experience. I didn't want to like this wax/sealant as much as ones I paid thirty, forty, or fifty dollars to buy. However, the results were obvious. On my vehicles, this is the best wax/sealant I have ever used.

For optimum results I strongly encourage you before apply NXT 2.0, clay your car, clean with a paint cleaner (i.e. Scratch X or Deep Crystal Step 1), polish with a pure polish (Deep Crystal Step 2 or #7 Show Car Polish), and then apply this wax. The results are truly remarkable.

To maintain your shine, remove loose dirt and contaminants with Quick Exterior Detailer, or Ultimate Exterior Detailer.

Meguiar's keeps delivering the good stuff, and I'm a fan.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good wax, but could use improvement, September 16, 2010

I applied NXT 2.0 after washing/drying, claying my car with Meguiar's clay kit, and cleaning/polishing with Meguiar's ColorX. The product is easy to apply and remove, although you have to be careful not to get it on the trim as it will leave white residue. The initial shine was great and the paint felt very slick. It does a remarkably good job of hiding swirl marks and tiny imperfections in the paint, it gives a really smooth look. Rain sheets right off which is great because then you don't get water spots. It is definitely the best Meguiar's wax I've used.

What I don't like about NXT is that the shine fades much too quickly. I would say it wore off after a few rain showers within the first month. At 7 weeks now, the paint still feels somewhat slick but water doesn't really sheet as well and the product seems to be wearing off. In my opinion, NXT 2.0 is definitely the best wax available on the shelves at your local Walmart or Target. If you are like me and prefer the look of a synthetic wax as compared to a carnauba blend this product will not disappoint you with its shine. You will have to wax (or instant detail) often though to maintain a good look. There are other sealants available that last much longer for only a bit more money and in my opinion offer a superior look as well. They also can be applied to trim without staining. My recommendation is to give NXT 2.0 a try and compare it to other waxes that you like. I personally need something that can last me through 4-5 months of a harsh New England winter where I won't have a chance to do any detailing. For that I usually go with Klasse AIO/SG.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pro's and Con's Compared to Meguiar's Gold, September 4, 2011
I've used meguiars gold for many years and decided to try out the new tech.

Pros:

The paint doesn't collect as much dust as with meguiars gold, which is a great benefit.
The paint seems just as protected as using the Meguiars gold.
Has more of a clean shine to the paint like a new car would.
Goes on easy, you dont need as much wax.

Cons:

Does not fill hairline scratches at all, Meguires gold seems to cover things as it is thicker and builds up.
If your car is not new and has scratches or spiderwebbing, you need to use a scratch remover polish first.

Conclusion, For new cars this is a perfect wax. For older cars with more blemishes more work is needed before application of this wax. Overall I will continue to use this wax. I won't be throwing out the Gold though, it is still a great wax too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product When Applied Properly, February 4, 2005
I have been using NXT Tech Wax on my two vehicles for over 6 months. I a very pleased with it. It really pops the shine out on my black Toyota Tundra. The key is to apply it properly. Use it very sparingly, a little bit goes a long way (the cost may seem steep, but you get a lot of use out of one bottle). Don't apply to a hot surface, it will dry too fast and streak. Make sure it is totally dry before wiping off (apply on a low humidity day if possible), I usually do the whole vehicle and then go back and wipe it off. Once you understand how to apply it, it goes on and wipes off very easily.

Remember that this product is only a wax, not a cleaner wax like most people use. Therefore, if you have scratches/swirl marks etc. you should use a polish on your vehicle before you apply the NXT, as it will not remove blemishes. However, it does seem to cover them up a bit. Further, unlike normal cleaner/waxes, it does not seem to "remove" the old wax as you apply multiple coats. Therefore, as you re-apply it, the product seems to "layer" and get a deeper and deeper shine. It also seems to keep it's shine a long time.

I was going to purchase the popular Zanio wax before I saw the NXT in the store. Like the Zanio, NXT is a synthetic wax, however it costs a lot less. That said, I have not personally tried the Zanio, it may even be better. But I a very pleased with the NXT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, but keep in mind the following, September 9, 2007
M. Sullivan (Western Washington) - See all my reviews
NXT is probably the easiest wax I've ever used in terms of application and removal. If you take your time, wash and clay your car beforehand, use microfiber towels, and apply an even coat, it comes off extremely easily. The keys there are claying your car and using microfiber. ANY decent wax will be difficult to apply and remove if the surface you're working with hasn't been properly cleaned.

NXT works well on my Honda Accord - I've found that it works better on metallics (like mine) as opposed to deeper, darker colors. That said, a common criticism of this product is that shine longevity is a bit short, and I tend to agree. It starts to lose some shine after a week or two. However, I've found that it protects very well, which is more important to me than how long the shine lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wax for deeper color and for trim, June 10, 2007
Sunny "Le" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I tried many expensive wax before even with Perma Plate sole at dealership(dealer will charge $450 for the job) but, NXT generation wax does the same thing at such low price. You can feel the surface just as smooth as PermaPlate. The best of all, if you apply on the trim and rubber part of the car, It will not leave white residue as other product, and gave the car deeper dark (like new) color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Price, December 17, 2006
Mr. Howard (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The price at Amazon was more than $5 less than my local Target store. The wax is a liqht liquid that's not only easy to apply but easy to remove as well. I was able to wax my Mercedes convertible in about 30 minutes. For best results, I would use a microfiber towel to remove the wax and for a final polishing. The shine is incredible and it leaves the paint feeling silky smooth. Although it's only been a month since I waxed my car, after 4 washings it still looks great. This is certainly the best wax I have ever used. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best wax I have ever used., July 12, 2006
I am a proffessional car detailer and have used many waxes through my 40 year career. Meguiar's NXT Tech is by far the best wax I have ever used. It leaves a tremendous deep shine and gloss. Keep in mind it is a wax, so it is essential for the best results to use a cleaner polish before applying the NXT. If the surface is clean you could get by with just the wax. I find that it lasts a long time in fact on one of our cars it lasted an entire year and the car sits outside. The key of course is to wash often, once a week is preferable. It leaves minimal residue which can easily be dealt with using a soft tooth brush to get out the excess wax. Every year I strip the wax off our cars and reapply polish and the wax. My 2000 still looks brand new and our other cars as well. I am sold on this product. Give it try and see for yourself. It also smells nice.

Meguiar's G12718 NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 - 18 oz.
$17.99 $15.97