Meguiar's G3500 DA Power System Tool
Price:$39.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on February 18, 2013
I was extremely skeptical when I saw this product in a local store. I did some research as I was looking for a DA polisher for my truck. The review photos and videos on some of the auto detailing forums made me believe this would actually work as claimed, so I decided it was worth the risk of trying it.

I used it to compound, polish and wax my entire truck using the appropriate pads for each step. This took a long time. A very long time. I had moderate to severe oxidation over the entire vehicle. The end results were just as good as if I had a larger dedicated DA polisher. All of the chalky hazy swirl covered spots were removed and left my paint looking crystal clear.

Part of the reason this took so long was my use of a Porter Cable 18v Lithium Ion cordless drill. The other part would be that this 4" DA adapter should be used to compliment a full size buffer. It does work, and it works well. It's just not the most practical tool for doing an entire vehicle with. This would be a great addition to a full size DA buffer for use in areas such as door jambs, under mirrors and any other area where you need a smaller buffing pad.

I have two of the standard size batteries for my drill and as one charged I used the other one. I never had down time due to the batteries other than the time it took to swap them out.

The adapter is very easy to hold and control. It felt surprisingly natural using this with my drill. It did cause some very slight strain when using it on horizontal surfaces, but nothing to give it a bad review for. On vertical surfaces it was extremely comfortable and went exactly where I wanted it to go with no unexpected effort.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone considering it, you just have to be realistic in it's capabilities. The drill used also makes a large difference. If I had used a corded drill with a little higher RPM rating the cutting pad and cutting compound would have done it's job with less passes over the paint.
on July 3, 2013
It worked very well with my corded drill, I wouldn't say its going to save you a lot of time, but it does make it easier on you to wax your vehicle. It did take me 1/4 of my truck to learn not to press on it so the dual action could work and help spread the wax further without having to reapply so often.
on August 8, 2013
I have never used a polisher or any other power tool on my car. This Mequiar's DA is so easy to use. First I clayed my car then, used The Meguiar's DA with Menzerna SF4000, I wiped it all down by hand with rubbing alcohol. You have to make several passes in a small area. Takes a lot of time. Watch the Auto Geek guys or Meguiar's videos for pointers. The finish was high shine no halo almost perfect. I put Menzerna PL sealant on by hand two coats a day apart. I Plan on putting a Wax on top of that. Maybe Meguiar's NXT. But at this point I can say the paint looks better than new. My car is a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid. I am a Grandma and got detailer results with this tool. I have always washed my car very carefully so it was in good shape to start with but those little halos you can see around the sun when you look at your paint, I had some and now they are gone. I could never have made a difference by hand. I did take out slight scratches as well. I went and bought a cheep plug in drill from Harbor Freight. You could use a battery drill but I didn't want to wreck ours. I checked the shine by holding a bottle with words up to my car and looked at a before and after spot (yes of course I left a spot not polished to impress my husband) you can clearly read the letters in the after and in the before area they are all blurred. It is really strange to walk by the car and see the reflection of your feet go by. I love the DA power system and the pads are great to use for hand applying sealants, waxes etc. I would buy the pads to use for hand applications now that I know how they feel and work. Easy to wash out. You could use the Meguiars DA to apply sealant and wax they have plenty of videos showing how. I just used the pads by hand for the sealant and really they are a nice size for the job. I used the yellow pads on the DA for most of the polishing and then the black one to go over it once with polish. I used the black pad for hand application of the sealant. It is crazy crazy slick. I had no idea my car could look so good. No wonder so many guys get hooked on car detailing. Little learned HINT: I did a lot of paint fixing before I polished (Plasti-Kote repair pen) and a few after I was done with polishing. The paint fixes that got polished were nice and smooth and of course no matter how careful you are there will be blobs. I was not confident to get out sanding paper no matter how gentle it was. The paint fixes really smoothed in when I polished. The paint was only one day applied. The little fixes I made AFTER polishing I can go and find with my hand but the others painted before polishing, not so much. I repeat I am a Grandma not a car guy. I am considering taking this thing to some ugly Formica to see what I can do next. I hear the Corian installers love this tool and they use it with Menzerna SF 4000 to remove light scratches while installing Corian.
on May 28, 2013
I was a little skeptical about purchasing this product at first, so I did not purchase from Amazon. I was worried that I would not like it and then have to send it back. So I purchased from ***-Mart, for a little more, but wanted the convenience of returning it.

Wow, this thing works. It works exactly as advertised. If you are like me, and when you purchase something you simply want it to work as advertised, then you will be very happy with this tool.

I have a 9 year old GMC truck, with bumper scratches from getting to close to the wall going in the garage, 5 years of washing and trying to get the scratches off manually did not work, but with this tool and some scratch X it came right off. Now granted it too some time and a couple of applications, but it did the job.

And, do no try to be a macho man or woman and use this with your $200 fancy cordless drill, you must have a corded drill, remember you need the RPMS not the torque. I had a very old corded drill with a variable speed trigger and a variable speed dial, meaning I could set the dial to medium speed and no matter how far I pressed the trigger it would only go to medium speed.

And I used all three of the sponges (compound, polish, and wax), these things are heavy duty. I have other hand buffers and the sponges \ bonnets and typically after one vehicle they start to tear, because I hit a corner or a piece of plastic. The Meguiar pads held up nicely.

The only con of this tool is hand fatigued, and this could be my drill, the vibrations really get to your hand after a few minutes. Again, it is probably my drill, it may be worth it to purchase a corded drill that is more comfortable.
on October 17, 2013
The Power System work awesome on my vehicle. My car was wax within 40 minutes without counting prep work. Make sure you clayed your vehicle before applying polish or wax. I would not use a cordless drill for this polisher unless you have extra batteries, and at least 1500 RPM drill. Electric Drill is the way to go with this polishing system!
on March 17, 2015
love it works good and very fast to use
review image
on April 13, 2013
Finally a power attachment for your drill that does what it supposed too. Well engineered. Very impressed. Polish (first), then wax ........both went on so easily and worked so much better due to this orbital applicator. Took some muscle and all day to get the products off the car, but unbelievable end result. You will be amazed at how great your paint/car looks once you get done using this applicator and buff it to a shine. My car is only 3 years old, and looks better than the day I picked it up at the dealer. The polish took off the water spots and left the car so clear/clean......but I still went ahead and waxed it. It's like having your own personal detailer in your own garage. Maguire's has really hit a home run with this applicator......combined with their polish and waxes, it's a grand slam!
on April 1, 2014
If you have a high powered corded drill this is an easy five stars.
But very few people have a 3000rpm drill in their homes.
I have a top line Makita that does 3500 rpms and this little thing is unreal on how well it polishes my black car.
This is probably the easiest review Ive ever done...its this simple:

If you have a high powered corded drill...save your money and buy this!
If you don't have a high power corded drill...go buy a PC or even better go get a Flex.
The cost of buying a top line drill and this is equivalent in price but wont be as quite as good.
on June 4, 2014
I only bought this to try with my cordless drill. If I had outlets nearby that I could plug a drill into, I would just buy a proper DA polisher. But since I now have this and it works so awesomely, I won't have to.

This thing is really nice. The mechanical action is smooth and solid, it's well build, with excellent fit and finish. I expect a very long service life from it (we have three cars which I clay/polish/glaze/wax at least 2-3 times a year). You might be looking at the product and hesitant because of the price - but once you have it and forget how much you spent, it's totally worth it.

Here were my hesitations:

I don't have outlets where I detail my vehicles' exteriors, and have to use a CORDLESS DRILL.
- It works GREAT with my cordless 14.4v Dewault XRP. I have two batteries, and will just about burn thru them both during the 3
passes over a car (polish/glaze/wax).

It uses a somewhat proprietary pad size.
- Other 4" pads with the "hook&loop" style backing will work just fine. I've got some chemical brothers pads that work with no issues. I find the Meguiars branded pads to be a bit expensive for what they are, and the packaging is super annoying. Definitely keep and reuse your pads, but make sure you only use them with one type of chemical, no switching brands/formulas.

It's not a random orbit DA - turns out that doesn't really matter. It does a great job and doesn't burn/swirl, regardless of lacking the random orbit.

Other thoughts:

It's got a nice weight to it, but it's not tiring to work with. The weight helps contribute to the solid feel. It's quite easy to control and the size makes it easy to get to almost everywhere you need to. It doesn't vibrate so much that it makes your hands numb or itchy, like some DA's do, which I can really appreciate.
on March 16, 2014
When my little PowerBall drill attachment fell apart I was in need of another one. Since I always felt the Powerball was not exaclty what i wanted I decided to explore other options. Honestly all the Meguiar's TV commercials about the DA system is what made me think of it specifically (kudos marketing dept). Luckily my local Advance had this thing on sale from $59.99 to $49.99 because I was't going to buy it until i saw it for sale at $50. That was kinda my ceiling for this purchase.

Anyway I used it this weekend and I love it so far. It feels well made and hefty. Like others have said it does feel pretty natural using it with a drill. The position and the handle on it works well ergonomically. I used my wireless 18v Ryobi Lithium and it had no trouble on high speed running the DA properly. Even with just the yellow pad it came with (red pad for heavy scratches) I was able to remove the pretty bad scratches on the side of my truck from branches/bushes with relative ease. Worked Great!

When I went to clean it I thought I was ripping the pad when trying to remove it. But then I realized it was the sound of velcro and then I really like it. The pad was well made too and the velcro was ON THERE. So out of the box and first use impressions are excellent. Lets see how it holds up.