5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice and Complete Kit
Published on July 22, 2008 by Steve H

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 Kits Were Incomplete!! Why??!!
Last week I just wrote a glowing review about how much I love Amazon so to keep it real I'm going to write a review about this not so hot experience. I first ordered this kit a couple of weeks ago for what I thought was a great deal. And it was until I noticed that the wax and one of the two promised clay bars were missing. Of course not thrilled but also realize that...
Published 3 months ago by Baadawg

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice and Complete Kit, July 22, 2008
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
While I've never seen a car care kit that included everything to take care of your car, this one comes close. It will really get you started on the right track with quality, beneficial products. I love my cars and am passionate about taking care of them. I use some of these products daily, but I've tried just about everything in this kit. Meguiar's brings top quality products at affordable prices. I've used products from other companies that cost as much as this kit for one item, but yet Meguiar's is still always one of the very best. Here is how I strongly suggest you use these products:

1) The Gold Class Wash. This is the best car wash I have ever used. Wash your car with this wash and the microfiber mit that is included.

2) Clay - unless your car is brand new, you probably need to use the clay. Use the clay along with the Quick Exterior Detailer, to make your paint smooth to the touch.

3) Scratch X is actually a paint cleaner. You want to apply Scratch X to the entire car, to clean contaminants below the surface of the paint. This step is very important. Apply and remove, you can use the applicator that is included obviously. The towel is also great to remove it with, but I like to use a towel to remove, and a second towel to buff it to a perfect shine.

4) The final step - Gold Class Liquid Car Wax. This is one of the best car waxes/sealants I have used. There are other good, some even better perhaps, but this one is nothing to laugh at. It is really good and delivers beautiful depth, shine, and protection!

Your car should look a lot better after all those steps. If you ever want to take it up another step, after Scratch X and before the wax, apply a pure polish (not included in kit) such as Deep Crystal Polish (Step 2 in that line) or #7 Show Car Polish.

You can continue to use the quick exterior detailer you used with the clay. Use the exterior detailer by itself with a couple towels, to take dust or other contaminants off the paint between washes. Use a couple towels along with it. The exterior quick detailers are great. I go through 1-2 bottles each week.

Quick interior detailer you can spray onto a nice towel and apply to your dashboard and other surfaced inside the cabin. It works great. I use it all the time. However, on the inside you don't need so much, so this lasts a long time.

The Endurance Tire Shine is also great. Just note your towel will really get dirty when applying this. I even have to throw it away quite often.

The plastic polish is great, if your headlamp lenses begin to lose their clarity. Buff until clearer.

Overall, a great kit. Just be sure to use the products as intended and as a system where applicable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Kit at a Great Price...BUT...Missing Two Very important Pieces, June 9, 2011
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
I did a lot of research on car care products since I purchased my new car and wanted to be sure that whatever I got would do a great job and not damage the car. I'm borderline obsessive about not letting some Car Wash jocky put a dirty rag to my car and you definitely won't find me using those automatic Car washes with the brushes. The Meguiars name came up over and over again and even by taking a look at the instructional videos on their website ([...]) or speaking to one of their representatives over the phone, it's pretty obvious that they know what they're talking about.

The kit was great. It includes almost everything that you'd need to wash, detail, and wax your car to give it that polished finish. The Tire Gel was really nice to have. Puts a shine on the tire walls that doesn't look artificial like other "Tire Wet" products do. Also doesn't damage the inside of the wheel well with Spin Ups like the solutions at most car washes will do either. However, IMHO, since this "Complete Car Care Kit" was put together by Amazon.com and not Meguiars, it's missing two very important pieces: 1. A Drying cloth and 2. A Wax Applicator.

By reading the product description, it's very hard to tell if the included Microfiber cloth is intended for drying or waxing, but after making doing some deductive reasoning, I figured it would be safer to purchase the Meguiars Water Magnet Microfiber drying cloth in addition to the kit for drying. It was a good decision. However, I was not so prudent about the Waxing applicator. Apparently, Meguiars also sells a Microfiber and Foam Applicator that is designed for applying the wax coat to the car. It's not a part of the kit. In the end, the included cloth was used for applying the wax to my car. Being a newbie to detailing, I was taken aback by this and luckily had a spare microfiber cloth that I brought with me to the wash for cleaning the interior. It was nerve-racking when I trying to determine if my cloth would put micro-scratches in my Black paint, but in the end, I had no choice and it actually worked out very well. (For other neurotics like myself: it's damn near impossible to not put micro-scratches in the car. Once you apply pressure to the car with a material or even drive the thing, the micro-scratches will appear.)

All in all, a good kit. My recommendation: Purchase an additional drying cloth (The Water Magnet is OK, there may be better options), the Meguiar's X3080 EvenCoat Applicator - Pack of 2, and the Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber - Pack of 3. It's still worth it for just about $60.00 total. For your sanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value for car care..., April 23, 2009
wagnerite (Boynton Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
I've used Meguiar's products in the past and was always happy with the results. This kit provides pretty much everything you need to get your car to have a showroom look.

Individually, each product is more costly and when you add the washing glove and the wax sponge, you have a superb value. While you can certainly choose not to use certain products and save some money, at the cost of this kit you actually get some items virtually for free.

Now, for the process and results:

1. Wash the car with the car wash and use the wash glove. It is effective in removing grime and even some of the insects that always find a way to crash into the front of your car.

2. Clay the car and take your time as this step can provide a huge payoff on the quality of the overall result. I used the clay on my wife's new Lexus and the results were amazing. The surface felt clean and soft.

3. Use the ScratchX product for scratches and swirls. In certain cases, this product can remove the scratch completely. Just follow the directions and note that you may need multiple applications. In my 2001 Avalon I was able to remove most of the vestige of a large scratch running down the right side of my car around the middle of the doors. The scratch isn't fully gone, but it is effectively masked.

4. Use the Gold Class liquid wax to finish off your hard work. I understand the new ICE liquid wax leaves no milky residue, but if you work with this you will not be disappointed. The end result will be a mirror-like finish which really shows off for dark-colored cars.

I personally used microfiber towels in all the steps of the process. They are lint free and very effective. BTW, the Quick Detailer product is something you will want to keep around. It is almost like a car wash in a bottle. Fortunately, it is available at stores like Wal-Mart for reasonable prices, so you don't need to order it online.

The Interior Quick Detailer also does a fine job. Very neutral and cleans surfaces well. Does not leave any residue. Beats that Armor All product by a mile.

The other products are add-ons that have limited value but can still be useful. The PlastX definitely brings out the shine in the plastic surfaces of the car, but there aren't many of those around. The Endurance High Gloss does not provide a really shiny gloss, but it does last longer than other options. Use a basic (disposable) towel for the tires because they will get heavily stained using the High Gloss product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Kit, July 7, 2010
Brent V (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
I recently moved into a new house and for the first time in my life I could wash and wax my car in my driveway. So I bought Meguiar's complete car care kit to get me started. For much less than the cost of a detail job, my car looks great. I washed it using the soap, removed the scratches using the scratch remover, waxed it with the liquid wax, glossed the tires, and wiped down the inside with the quick interior detail spray. I did not use the plastic cleaner, quick exterior detail spray, or the clay bars (yet). The scratch remover and wax removed all the little scratches and "spider webs." As long as the weather cooperates, I'll be able to keep my car looking shiny and new with only light dusting.

Some things to note. Like many others, I noticed that the box had some wet spots on it and some of the bottles felt greasy. None of the bottles were broken or leaky and could easily be wiped off, but I do wish they packed the bottles better. While doing all this yourself cost less than having your car professionally detailed, you do you have to put in a lot of time and effort. I worked up a good sweat washing, drying, and applying the scratch remover and wax over the course of two hours. Also, this kit isn't complete for working on your car. You will need to buy a lot more micro-fiber towels to get the job done right. Every bottle basically says apply with one towel (or one side) and then wipe dry with another. You will also need something to quickly dry the car after washing (like a "water magnet"). Also, there isn't anything included to treat the windows so you might want to buy a bottle of RainX.

I finally feel like I have all right tools for making sure my car always looks its best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rookie detailer with GREAT results!!!, August 22, 2012
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
LOVE this car kit. This was highly reviewed so I decided to try it out. It's expensive getting your car detailed to this extent so paying the $45 for the kit (plus some extra $$$ on additional products I thought were necessary) wasn't a big deal. In addition to the car kit, I bought:
-Meguiar's EvenCoat Applicator - Pack of 2
-Meguiar's Water Magnet Drying Towel
-Eurow Microfiber Commercial Towels 16 x 16 in. 300 GSM 12-pack 4 colors
-Meguiar's4 Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. 24 oz.
-Mothers Wheel Brush

All for a total of about $100. Which is usually 3-4 carwash's depending on where you go and what you get done. Also, the towels and applicators can be washed and reused every car wash.

Here's the rundown of how I used all of the products.

1. Car wash Shampoo & Conditioner- Just using this alone made my car look better than when I used to wash it at home with regular soap. Use the wash mitt included in this kit and I used the water magnet towel, purchased separately, to dry the ENTIRE car, which is average sized ('01 Lexus ES300, 4 door).

2. Quik Detailer and Clay Bar- I sprayed a little Quik Detailer in an area then used the clay over that in circular motions. Let it dry a bit then buff it out with the microfiber towel included. Your car will look and feel smoother already. Also, the Quik Detailer can be used at anytime with a microfiber towel to get rid of dust and bird poop in between washes.

3. ScratchX- With my car being a 2001, and I bought it used, it has many scratches on it, also it's black so that doesn't help the look either. i used the ScratchX on the foam applicator included and applied it to the heavily scratched areas (the hood and trunk of my car) then buffed it off with another microfiber towel. I hear it works better after multiple applications, but I can see a difference already.

4. Liquid Wax- I applied this with the wax applicator that I purchased separately and buffed it off with a microfiber towel. This stuff goes on easy, make a nice thin layer in circular motions over the entire car (a little goes a long way), and then wipe off. Plus it smells like bananas, how can you resist.

5. PlastX- I used this product just because it came with the package. Applied it to my headlights then wiped it off with a clean microfiber towel. Just like that, my headlights looked better.

6. Interior Detailer- This stuff cleans EVERYTHING on the inside of your car. I sprayed this on and wiped clean with a microfiber towel over my seats, control panel, stereo, doors, center console, and anything else that was inside. It makes your car look and smell clean inside.

7. All Wheel Cleaner (NOT INCLUDED-PURCHASED SEPARATELY)- I bought this in addition to the kit to get a better shine on my rims. I bought the "all wheel" type so that it could be used on any rim but there is cleaner specific to aluminum and chrome. Wet the rim, spray the cleaner on and let it sit for a minute, then rinse off and dry with a microfiber towel.

8. High Gloss- I applied this last while my car was parked on the street, not in my driveway because it WILL stain (it says so on the bottle). I put some on the wheel brush I purchased then brushed in on the tire (not the rim) and you leave it there and your tires look really shiny. The reason I purchased the wheel brush is because if you apply with a towel then that towel gets REALLY dirty. I didn't want to have to throw a towel away every time I washed my car, so I felt it was a good investment. Also, this product smells like grapes- yum!

Overall, I love the way my car looks (and smells). It was worth it considering getting a good car wash means paying $30 anyway. Also, I'm a 22 year old chick who has never detailed her car before. If I can do a good job my first attempt- then so can you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value kit, August 16, 2011
Chris McCray (Daytona Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
I ordered this kit to replenish my displaced detailing materials when I moved. A couple things that it was missing and I had to order separately, was an ample amount of microfiber and terry cloths, as well as a tire sponge for the gel. I also bought a chamois (Absorber) for the drying process and Turtle Wax Oxy Interior1 for carpet and upholstry. Stoners foam spray for the windows. I had the opportunity to use some of the kit's products on a variety of cars with different levels of owner stewartship (some kept 'em clean, others never washed).

The bottle describes the car wash as "luxurious." After using it several times, I can't find a better word for it. It feels silky as you wash; it's exquisite. The mitt can remove most debris, even built-up grime with some elbow grease.

The clay came with some instructions. I've never clayed a car before, and when I did (with the included quick detailer), I was beat! It is a job and a half if you have some build-up and lots of impurities on the car. With determination, it lays the foundation for the next steps.

I have not tried the Scratch-X. Some say to use it to various degrees, but most say it doesn't make much of a difference, so I skipped it for now.

I applied the wax and buffed it out - an extremely nice shine. A friend of mine advised I put a layer of polish on top of that so I did (NuFinish)... afterward as I was telling him how much of a chore the polish is compared to the wax, he said no, put the polish down first then put wax on. Uh! The wax left no residue, but I'm still working the tiny white streaks that the polish left behind in the chips, dinks, nooks and crannies several weeks ago, one wash at a time.

For the tire gel, you have to ensure it goes onto clean tires. I scrub mine with a small mixture of Comet and water and a tire brush, then rinse. Even so, when I applied the gel using the tire sponge (bought separately), the sponge still picked up a lot of muck. The directions suggested using a "medium" amount of gel. Apparently my medium wasn't good enough because the shine lasted about 36 hours... then when I sloshed it on there with the next application, taking off the excess with the sponge, it retained somewhat of a clean-tire appearance for much longer. In other words, at least for the first application, be very liberal with the product and focus on one quarter of the tire at a time to get in-between the grooves and lettering. This is a seated performance per wheel.

Lastly, the interior detailer did its job. Spray onto a terry and scrub, microfiber to finish. It does not shine like other products, but it will look nice and clean.

All in all, it's a great kit for a great value. The mitt, application sponge, and towel are easily machine washable. The other items I had to order or pick up are more (1) microfiber and (2) terry cloths, (3) a set of tire sponges, (4) a chamois, (5) window cleaner, (6) carpet/upholstry cleaner (leather cleaner for those seats), and (7) polish. If it had most of these other items, THEN it would be a "complete" care care kit, at least as far as product is concerned. As it stands, it is more of an exterior line of products. Buy it; you won't be disappointed.

A couple of recommended items for those OCD as I am include Rain-X for exterior glass and mirrors and an odor-neutralizing spray like Ozium. Love your vehicle and maintain it well. It is too important not to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-in-one starter kit, April 9, 2011
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
This is a great all-in-one starter kit to introduce you to a good lineup of Meguiar's products. I've always preferred them over others, and so do a lot of enthusiasts alike!

The wash mit is by far the best one I've found, and in fact I've ordered several since to make sure I always have a clean one (remember if it touches the ground, a wheel, or anything else caked with dirt, wash it before touching your paint please).

The Shampoo/Conditioner is the best I've found next to Pert Plus :-). It's a classic that suds/foams well and does a great job of getting off grime and washing off clean w/out residue.

The interior detailer is a great detailer that does not leave a real greasy/ugly after effect on your dash/equipment that some others do.

I used the PlastX on some old headlights and it seemed to work surprisingly well, I haven't been able to get them clean with any regular cleaner before, but i haven't tried any other specialty/target cleaners on them yet either so I can't necessarily compare.

Quik detailer is good for cleaning off that bird droppings the day after you wash your car and you don't want to do it again. Now if they only came out with a product to get rid of the birds...

I like the Gold Liquid Wax - I've only used it once though and i thought it looked pretty good afterwards and held up fairly well. I don't wax enough (I know I should) to really compare this well.

If you just want to get a feel for some of their products, just starting out, or need all of them - then go ahead and get this kit. You can't go wrong, as it is very reasonably price for the amount of beauty it provides to your car and your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter kit, March 13, 2009
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
I have never bought Meguiar's product before and got this kit to see if they are worth the price. And I'm very happy that I tried their products.

For anyone who is getting serious on detailing their car this is a good starting point, but the following products were the most impressive:

-Scratch X: It does remove small swirls and scratches. I was skeptical, but the result were just amazing. (There is a Scratch X 2.0 now)

-Exterior Quick detailer: Great for keeping it in your trunk for those pesky bird dumps or tree sap. Does the job fast and easy, giving great results. Too bad you need to apply quite a bit when using the clay, so I'm planning on keeping 2 or 3 in stock.

-Microfiber mit: Very well done, soft and with foam inside to make it comfortable when been used. I will probably buy a couple of this too.

The rest of the products are "OK" and they are new versions from Meguiar's now (NXT or 2.0 versions). And, as all starter kits, in the end you will be buying individual and improved versions of the products to get the best results.

It does have negatives: only 1 foam applicator (2 would have been nice as Scratch X and the wax need a couple of these) and the included microfiber towel is rather pathetic as it is very low quality and you need more than 1 to wash you car (specially if you are claying).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - All you need to get it done, July 29, 2008
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
Received this promptly from amazon. shipped from the east coast but was still pretty fast.

When all bought separately, you would definitely pay so much more that what you'll get it here. Free shipping too! I've used Meguiar's products in the past and these aren't any different. Everything is of the high quality that you would expect from this brand.

Everything comes packed well and it appears that they are probably putting these together from bulk supply and packaging them as a complete car kit.

This kit is worth the money and has everything you would need to detail your car like a pro- at least in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Products, Terrible Spray Bottles, July 6, 2011
Jurassic Jeep (Columbus, OH and Queens, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit (Automotive)
The bottles are defective and Meguiar's knows and does not care. I got mine with the Quik Detailer bottle split at the bottom, had leaked everywhere, the towel, mitt and pad soaked. The products work great, but I am only giving 4 stars because these bottles are a recurring problem. If the manufacturer fixes the spray bottles and replace them with a bottle that is not cheap plastic, then it would get a 5 star review

Meguiar's G55032 Complete Car Care Kit