- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
|Price:||$24.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$12.50 (33%)|
Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish is an ultra fine finishing polish for achieving the highest levels of gloss and clarity following a compounding process. The micro abrasive, non gumming formulation provides for a long working time without drying out. Achieve stunning levels of gloss on paint with professional grade Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish.With Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish permanently remove swirls and light defects from all paints, produce deep reflections and high gloss, and eliminate holograms and buffer swirls from a more aggressive compounding step.
Polishes should be applied to small areas at a time, when working either by hand, with a dual action polisher such as Meguiar's G110v2 Dual Action Polisher, or with a rotary polisher. Working small areas at a time allows concentrates the work and maximizes the efficiency of M205 Ultra Finishing Polish.
Keep the following points in mind when working with any polish like Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish: polishes do not need to dry before removing and in fact should be wiped off immediately after they are worked over the finish. If they dry, the can be difficult to remove. For M205 Ultra Finishing Polish, simply go over the same area again with more M205 to re-wet the surface and then remove it while it’s still wet. Polishes need to be worked into the finish; they are not wipe on, wipe off products. Use a moderate amount of pad pressure to achieve optimum performance. Polishes remove everything off the surface of the paint including wax, so after using paint cleaner, Meguiar’s strongly recommends re-applying a protective coating of wax. A finishing polish like M205 is not designed for heavy or severe defect removal, but rather is a refining step between defect removal and application of wax. The harder the paint and the deeper the defect, the smaller the area that should be worked on at one time.
- 1. Dispense a small amount of Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish directly onto a foam applicator pad or a small, clean 100% cotton terry towel.
- 2. Work a small section at a time using a tight, circular pattern and making 4-6 overlapping passes. When the M205 Ultra Finishing Polish starts to turn clear, make one final pass to polish the surface.
- 3. Before moving on to the next section, use Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to wipe away any product residue before it dries. Additional application of M205 Ultra Finishing Polish may be required to remove deep &/or stubborn defects.
- 4. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
- 5. Follow up with any Meguiar’s wax, like Ultimate Wax.
By Dual Action Polisher:
- 1. Attach the appropriate polishing pad to the Meguiar’s G110v2 Dual Action Polisher (W9207).
- 2. Set the tool to speed 4, and apply a strip of Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish directly onto the pad.
- 3. Place the face of the pad flat on the paint. Turn on the Meguiar’s Dual Action Polisher and begin buffing using light to moderate pressure in an overlapping pattern while keeping the pad flat against the paint at all times.
- 4. Work a small section (2’ x 2’) at a time, until the Ultimate Compound starts to turn clear. Apply additional Ultra Finishing Polish as needed until maximum gloss is achieved.
- 5. Before moving on to the next section, use Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to wipe away any product residue before it dries.
- 6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
- 7. Follow up with any Meguiar’s and wax, like Ultimate Wax.
By Rotary Polisher:
- 1. Attach the appropriate foam polishing pad to the rotary polisher and set the tool speed to 1200-1600rpm to remove light to moderate defects, 1200rpm or slower for final finishing polish.
- 2. Apply a bead of M205 directly to the paint surface and begin working in a 2’ x 2’ area with overlapping passes. Continue working until defects are removed.
- 3. Wipe remaining residue with a Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel before moving on to the next section.
- 4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle, cleaning the pad often.
- 5. For final polishing and to really maximize gloss, follow the steps outlined below.
- 6. Finish by applying any Meguiar’s wax, like Ultimate Wax.
Very disappointed. Used this on my airplane. Going on and polishing off, it looked absolutely sensational. A true mirror. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Robert Bogash
Used this on my 1997 van original paint of which is stored outside.Its a conversion van with a high top. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Catherine Lawless
I used this to polish my black car and I absolutely love it! It really brings out the shine in the car and gets rid of minor scratches and hazes. It is really an amazing product!Published 1 month ago by LED Maniac
I just used this on a 10 year old black truck. I used all three products as directed and the truck looks like a new one. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Glen E. Golden
Great finishing polish. Use with a PC and a Chemical Guys white pad. Amazing shine after two passes. Make sure you shake the bottle really well. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Czyzler
I'm new to polishing, picked up a Porter Cable DA buffer, tried a few products and was not impressed. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Gary Arl