- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
|Price:||$24.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$12.50 (33%)|
Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish is an ultra fine finishing polish for achieving the highest levels of gloss and clarity following a compounding process. The micro abrasive, non gumming formulation provides for a long working time without drying out. Achieve stunning levels of gloss on paint with professional grade Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish.With Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish permanently remove swirls and light defects from all paints, produce deep reflections and high gloss, and eliminate holograms and buffer swirls from a more aggressive compounding step.
Polishes should be applied to small areas at a time, when working either by hand, with a dual action polisher such as Meguiar's G110v2 Dual Action Polisher, or with a rotary polisher. Working small areas at a time allows concentrates the work and maximizes the efficiency of M205 Ultra Finishing Polish.
Keep the following points in mind when working with any polish like Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish: polishes do not need to dry before removing and in fact should be wiped off immediately after they are worked over the finish. If they dry, the can be difficult to remove. For M205 Ultra Finishing Polish, simply go over the same area again with more M205 to re-wet the surface and then remove it while it’s still wet. Polishes need to be worked into the finish; they are not wipe on, wipe off products. Use a moderate amount of pad pressure to achieve optimum performance. Polishes remove everything off the surface of the paint including wax, so after using paint cleaner, Meguiar’s strongly recommends re-applying a protective coating of wax. A finishing polish like M205 is not designed for heavy or severe defect removal, but rather is a refining step between defect removal and application of wax. The harder the paint and the deeper the defect, the smaller the area that should be worked on at one time.
- 1. Dispense a small amount of Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish directly onto a foam applicator pad or a small, clean 100% cotton terry towel.
- 2. Work a small section at a time using a tight, circular pattern and making 4-6 overlapping passes. When the M205 Ultra Finishing Polish starts to turn clear, make one final pass to polish the surface.
- 3. Before moving on to the next section, use Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to wipe away any product residue before it dries. Additional application of M205 Ultra Finishing Polish may be required to remove deep &/or stubborn defects.
- 4. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
- 5. Follow up with any Meguiar’s wax, like Ultimate Wax.
By Dual Action Polisher:
- 1. Attach the appropriate polishing pad to the Meguiar’s G110v2 Dual Action Polisher (W9207).
- 2. Set the tool to speed 4, and apply a strip of Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish directly onto the pad.
- 3. Place the face of the pad flat on the paint. Turn on the Meguiar’s Dual Action Polisher and begin buffing using light to moderate pressure in an overlapping pattern while keeping the pad flat against the paint at all times.
- 4. Work a small section (2’ x 2’) at a time, until the Ultimate Compound starts to turn clear. Apply additional Ultra Finishing Polish as needed until maximum gloss is achieved.
- 5. Before moving on to the next section, use Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to wipe away any product residue before it dries.
- 6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle.
- 7. Follow up with any Meguiar’s and wax, like Ultimate Wax.
By Rotary Polisher:
- 1. Attach the appropriate foam polishing pad to the rotary polisher and set the tool speed to 1200-1600rpm to remove light to moderate defects, 1200rpm or slower for final finishing polish.
- 2. Apply a bead of M205 directly to the paint surface and begin working in a 2’ x 2’ area with overlapping passes. Continue working until defects are removed.
- 3. Wipe remaining residue with a Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel before moving on to the next section.
- 4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed to complete the rest of the vehicle, cleaning the pad often.
- 5. For final polishing and to really maximize gloss, follow the steps outlined below.
- 6. Finish by applying any Meguiar’s wax, like Ultimate Wax.
This product works just as advertised. It removed marks left by the M105 Ultra-Cut Compound. I am very happy I made this purchase.Published 3 days ago by LB Taylor
Great working time and left a mirror like finish. Used on a Porter-Cable DA with hex logic pads.Published 13 days ago by R. DePas
Best product I have found. I use this product after the rubbing compound and get great results.Published 21 days ago by Ken Phillips
This stuff is awesome! After using the M105, there was a tiny bit of swirl in the paint (M105 is more aggressive) but it still didn't look bad. Read morePublished 24 days ago by Kyle Barstow
It is the only polish I use so far. The only problem is that is is hard to remove but it polishes great.Published 1 month ago by Good Gora
If you want new car paint finish again, go for it ! Safe product for new enthusiasts. No way to fail.Published 1 month ago by Marco Juarez
TOP OF THE LINE POLISH FOR NEWER VEHICLES NOT SURE FOR OLDER MODELSPublished 1 month ago by larry01