Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Meguiar's G12024 Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray - 24 oz.
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 24 Ounce|Change
Price:$5.33+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on June 22, 2007
I do not normally comment on another person's review, but I have to address some of the things mentioned on this page. No matter what tire spray/shine you use to give your tires a new, shiny look it will always stain the cement of your driveway. The chemicals used in these products are wide ranging and for anyone to think they won't leave a stain is in for a surprise. In this case you either put plywood under your tires to absorb the overspray, or don't use it at all. In a worst case scenario, there are also cleaning products out there specifically designed to clean all stains (tire shine, oil, grease) from your cement carport or garage area.

The second negative thing mentioned with this product in another review that I have to comment about is that it does not last long. This entirely depends on where you are at and what terrain you are driving in. I've noticed that if you drive on paved roads on a regular basis and avoid mud puddles, it can hold a good, solid shine for about 3 - 4 weeks. If you are in an area where your tires are on dirt or gravel roads or picking up a lot of debris and dust then sure, you would be lucky to have it last 3 days.

For the price you cannot go wrong and I think Meguiar's Tire spray is the best one on the shelf when it comes to giving your tires a nice, new shiny look. Highly Recommended!

Virginia Jericho
33 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2005
I may not wax my car every other weekend, but one thing that always dresses up a clean car is a set of glossy tires.

I've used this product several times and have been impressed with it every time. The adjustable nozzle controls the width of the spray path, which offers great precision without the worry of overspray.

Other tire dressing products may require another pass to keep the tires this glossy, but the Meguiar's not only looks good on one application, but lasts longer too.

No car nut should be without this. Bravo, Meguiar's.
on December 13, 2013
Great product as always from Meguiar's! Just make SURE NOT to get this or any tire spray on your rotors! Warps them fast as can be. It creates slick spots on the rotors that then heat up and cause warping. I went through two sets of rotors until I found out that trick! So I cut a 18" circle out of corrugated cardboard and hold it up to the rim when I spray the tires! Works perfect! Does not get on the rotors and or the rim!
on January 3, 2012
I want to start off by saying this is the best product on the market for the price you pay (personally i like the aeresol because there is little to no over spray and it is easier to use) . I detail cars off to the side because that is what i love to do. For those who dont know what that is I buff, wax, interior dressing, carpet cleaning, and tire dressing. For most people this product will only last about a week or so depending upon the weather. Now if you want your tires to shine for a solid month here is how you do it... you are going to need to get Turtle Wax T463 Ice Wheel and Tire Cleaner - 22 Ounce it is the best brake dust/ road grime remover out there (your tires will already be noticeably cleaner after this stage) this is like the primer, you will want to apply this before you wash your car. when you apply this agitate it with a brush and just rinse it off you'll notice that lots of grime is coming off of the tires/rims. after you finish washing your vehicle make sure that the tires are dry then simply apply the shine and walk away you'll have a deep shine that will last weeks! Trust me this comes from experience i used to be frustrated with this product until i found out how to make it last. Enjoy!
on April 12, 2013
This product works as advertised. There are so many products meant to shine your tire and some last long and some don't. This one last for a few days to a couple weeks in my experience. The reason I say this is because depending on where you drive is how long it will last for. This stains your tires to make them shine. Try is yourself and you wont be disappointed.

If this review helped you please let me know. Thanks and happy shopping.
on April 16, 2016
This wax is great for polishing tired quickly and effortlessly. It gives that nice dark wet shine to the tires. The first time I applied it it stayed "wet" for 2 weeks until I washed my car. It was still shiny and couple lasted longer but I reapplied it after the wash. One piece of advice is that if you don't cover your rims it will leave black splash marks. So what I did to avoid this was by using an old rag. I used the rag to cover the rims as I sprayed the tires and I didnt have the problem anymore. Also for those worried about it drying your tires I don't see anything that would lead to drying my tires and cracking them. Hopefully that is not the case as I continue to use it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 23, 2014
Meguiar's Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray is what I consider a good value spray. It is not the best out there but it is not one of those inexpensive sprays that do nothing much either. It is solid middle or slightly above middle quality out there and therefore a good value for those who are not trying to impress at a showroom and just wants a clean looking set of tires and want to protect their tires. This is sort of like a lotion for tires, especially useful in harsh climates.

One tip is that when spraying you should consider doing so in a place where the run off stain will be OK with you or if want to keep the floors clean, place some rags on the bottom when spraying. Other than that, I would add that the shine does last a few days on normal driving in city traffic.
review image
on March 11, 2016
Since the first day that I tried it, it has been that one item I always purchase when it runs out. It's long lasting and it works as advertised. Some of my friends think I spend hours and hours cleaning my wheels but LITTLE do they know about my secret lol.

Even when I don't have the time to properly clean up my wheels, I spray some of this shine and it leaves my wheels like new.
review image
on May 6, 2013
Loved the quality and Meguiar products can be trusted. i had been using them for 3 yrs on my mustang and is completely satisfied.
on June 7, 2014
I'm generally a big fan of the Meguiar's products, and use them for washing, drying, waxing, etc. Got this thinking it would be a good addition to the lineup. However, not only does it not really add much to the overall look, but the application method is all wrong.

This product comes as a spray, and is designed, as per the instructions, to spray right onto the tires. After doing so, it does make the areas where applied shiny, but the application is uneven, and even then, because it's a mist, it goes everywhere (onto the paint, the wheels, etc), which is bad. So you end up having to use something like a paper towel or a cloth to spread the product evenly, which ends up removing most of the product (and making a mess overall). Then the shine is gone.

This product would be better made as a bottle that is made to apply to a pad or some other applying tool, as the spray is too difficult to control to get it only on the tires.

Since evening it out also means removing most of the shine, whatever soaks in leaves a dull but darker look. So, in the end, the best it was able to do was darken the tires slightly. The product briefly mentions protective qualities, so a star for that, but it seems like an afterthought in the advertising materials, so I'm somewhat doubtful about that. So overall, this product doesn't seem worthwhile; it's more trouble than it's worth. It basically made a mess, made the tires darker, but duller looking, and made the logos/letters/numbers on the tires less visible, which in the end made it look less cool than before. So, I won't be using this particular product again.

Other Meguiar's products are great; but this one is not an essential. It seems like a very niche product that one would only need for special photo shoots, etc, in a controlled environment, but not as an everyday car polishing tool.