Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Size: Pack of 1|Change

I finally got tired of struggling with inexpensive toenail clippers and decided to find something else to cut my hard and thick toenails. I ordered this product, and am happy to say that my toenail cutting struggles are over.

This product is easy to hold and manipulate, and the wide jaws not only easily fit over thick toenails, but also cut them with precision. If you are looking for a quality product to cut your toenails, this is it.
11 comment|156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2008
Great product for older people or anyone with thick toenails. It's very easy to hold onto, and it's very strong. My 76 year old father loves this clipper so much that he had me send one to his 74 year old brother.
0Comment|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Note: this product appears identical to Mehaz Professional Wide Jaw Slant Edge Toenail Clipper; see the Customer Images there for photos helping to explain my opinions below.

These toenail clippers have five pluses, two minuses, and three features that might be either pluses or minuses. Here goes.

PLUSES: (1) It cuts even the thickest toenails very cleanly. The blades are sharp, and the wide handle and the non-slip blue grips allow you to hold on securely. (2) It is made of strong stainless steel which should last many years without rusting (unlike cheap chrome-plated steel). (3) The package says "LIFETIME GUARANTEE / For Service Information, Call 888.225.6342." (4) On the top side of the handle is a nail file for smoothing edges. (5) As of January 2011, shipping is free.

MINUSES: (1) You can buy toenail clippers at your local drug store for about one-fifth the price of these. (2) If you expect the clipping catcher to actually work, you're out of luck. Due to the angle of the blades, almost all the clippings are ejected through the hole at front right (as you look at the clippers from above).

FEATURES THAT MIGHT BE EITHER PLUSES OR MINUSES: (1) The blades are about 4mm apart in resting position. If you have thick wide toenails, great. But for fingernails or thin narrow toenails you run the risk of accidentally pinching your skin. (2) As you can see at the other listing, the blades are straight instead of curved (crescent-shaped). If you want to cut your toenails straight across, great. But if you want rounded nails, you need to clip numerous times, and even so the end results are rather polygonal. (3) As you can see at the other listing, the blades are angled instead of perpendicular to the body of the clippers. For certain combinations of hand and foot (e.g., right hand and left foot) the angle works great; for other combinations (e.g., right hand and right foot) you may have to hold the clippers in an uncomfortable position.

Overall, four stars.
22 comments|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2012
The clipper fell apart after using it only twice. The "connector" that held the clipper together flew out, almost hitting me in the eye. I put the "connector" back several times, but it was not working properly and kept popping out. The last time that happened it flew down the drain of my bathroom sink.

When I contacted the manufacturer, Mehaz, at first this guy I spoke to asked me to send him the broken clipper at my own expense so the company could fix it. Then I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor, named Marcia, acknowledged that the problem with the connector happens all the time and said that she would send me a couple of replacement after I email her the model and my mailing address. After I emailed her, she reneged on her promise and lied by saying that she only offered to send me a couple of "connectors". I explained again that I'd already tried to put back the connector many times but it kept popping out. She also tried to blame me for the damage, even though she admitted in our first conversation that the problem I've experienced "happens all the time".

In summary, the product is worthless, and Mehaz' guarantee a joke.
1414 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2010
Years ago, I suffered with ingrown toenails. After trying all I could to relieve the pain, I had both big toes operated on to get rid of the problem. The left big toe did fine, the old toenail fell off and healed and I have had no more issues with it. But the right toe did not do as it was supposed to and the old toenail fused with the new instead of falling off. I have dealt with the embarrassment of a thick, twisted toenail for years. Even the podiatrist just clipped it and that was that. I knew there had to be a way to get my toenail back to normal. I love to wear sandals, but with my toe looking the way it did, I refused to do so. Even nail polish didn't help. I tried to clip it with the regular clippers, but they were too close and wouldn't fit. I finally looked up a toenail clipper that might have a wide jaw and found the MEHAZ 668 Pofessional Wide Jaw Toenail Clipper. What a Godsend! I hurried and ordered it and to my surprise it came right away. I was not only able to clip that ugly, thick toenail, but with the wide jaw I was able to use it like a trimmer to trim away the ugly top layer. Now my toenail is growing back the way it should and my friends have noticed that I'm back to wearing my peep-toe shoes again. I would suggest that every home should have one because you never know when there may be need for it. I hope no one has to go through what I did, but if you find you have a toenail situation like I did, The MEHAZ 668 is your answer. It didn't hurt that it comes with an easy grip and a file to help smooth the rough edges. I am so glad I found it and my feet never looked better.
on February 23, 2008
Finally a quality toenail clipper that is razor sharp and cuts with little effort. No more bent or broken toe nails. Very highly recommended.
on September 6, 2007
Received the item and am very pleased with it. Being a cosmetologist I need the best products for the field. Very happy with it.
on February 27, 2013
This gizmo sure looks like it will do the job of cleanly cutting my thick, tough toe nails. But, alas, it does not. The two cutting edges to not meet cleanly and evenly. They don't cut the nail so much as chip it and break it.

I thought that the diagonal cut would work well, but ergonomically, it's a loser -- hard to get squarely on the nail. Then when you do cut, you're most likely to see the nail splinter, needing serious cleanup work. Well, OK, the cutter comes with a nice diamond file on the cutting lever, so at least you don't have to go looking for it. Not much in the way of nail scraps is collected in the pocket where it should go.

And based on the catalog entry I had been anticipating giving this 5 stars. No.
on May 8, 2013
I got 5 or 6 uses out of these clippers before the connecting pin popped out, making them unusable. This happened outside and I could not locate the pin to replace it. When I called the manufacturer, they were unhelpful since it had been a year since I purchased the item. Really disappointing considering all the good reviews of this product. Won't be buying again.
on July 31, 2012
I don't normally review products, but this item is such a loser I have to say something. Like others, I was tired of cheap clippers that just didn't do the job, so I bought this thing. Now I have an expensive clipper that just doesn't do the job. It will just barely cut nails; will not even cut small bits of skin that have torn loose. The edges LOOK sharp, but don't cut. While it's probably just personal taste, I do not like the straight edge, but since it won't cut things, that's pretty much a moot point. And it's not heavy enough to even use as a paperweight. Pretty much useless -- buyer beware.