- Series: Medieval and Renaissance Texts and Studies (Book 302)
- Hardcover: 430 pages
- Publisher: Mrts (June 30, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0866983465
- ISBN-13: 978-0866983464
- Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 6.2 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,503,129 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Mehmed II the Conqueror: And the Fall of the Franco-Byzantine Levant to the Ottoman Turks: Some Western Views and Testimonies (Medieval and Renaissance Texts and Studies)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Top Customer Reviews
The documents translated in this book include:
- Sekoundinos, Nikolaos, An Epitome on the Family of the Ottomans for Aeneas, the Bishop of Siena (1302 - 1453; additions by John Ramus 1300 - 1526)
- Pius II, A brief Treatise on the Capture of Constantinople (1451 - 1453)
- Tedaldi, A Treatise on the Fall of Constantinople (1453)
- Henry of Soemmern, The fall and sack of the City of Constantinople by the Turks in the year 1453
- Castellana, Jacopo dalla, The Loss of Negroponte (1470)
- Rizzardo, Giacomo, The Siege and Destruction of Negroponte (1470)
- Caoursin, Guillaume, A Description of the Siege of Rhodes (1480)
- D'Aubusson, Pierre, Letter to the Pope during siege of Rhodes (1480)
Highly recommended for researchers as well as those, who like myself, enjoy reading histories by contemporaries of historical events to see the world through their eyes.