Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Meinl Percussion ES-B Plastic Egg Shaker, Blue
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

92%

on April 26, 2014
I bought this for my one year old who loves music. It is perfect for her. Not small enough to fit in the mouth and not too big to hold on to. It makes a neat sound and keeps her happy. The seam is smooth so you don't have to worry about it being sharp and mine has proven its durability with many throws to the floor.
on May 8, 2014
I bought these to be an Easter basket egg. I don't know how long my grandkids played with it, but I sure like it. It is easy to shake and makes a nice little sound. I can see it used as a toy, background sound in a stage play, and a percussion instrument in a professional band. Fun little inexpensive "gadget" I suppose you could do the same thing with rice in a can, but this is easier to hold and there is no lid to unscrew.
on February 13, 2013
She was only 5 mo old when I purchased this egg shaker and as soon as I unwrapped it and gave it a shake she was interested in it. Currently the egg is too big for her to grab with one hand. I do believe this egg has helped her in the two handed grab. The size is perfect, no worries that she can swallow it and as soon as she gets a bit older it will easily fit in one hand. I am for sure buying another for my cousin baby shower that is coming up. The 'shake' sound this egg has is a very nice sound. I got a red one and I blue one and they are truly primary red and blue.
on March 6, 2013
My two year old daughter takes a music class once a week and loves it. So I decided to create her a music box at home with some of the same types of instruments. She loves these egg shakers and we have fun using them to sing the songs we learn in class. Great quality and just the right size for small hands!
on February 23, 2015
The egg sounds great and would be perfect for any school concert band, worship band, or anyone on stage. I have a feeling it could work very well recorded, although a wooden one might sound better. Sounds is in the ear of the beholder though, so it really is up to personal preference! If it makes sense to say so, this Meinl percussion egg sounds professional, even if a plastic egg gives off a non-pro vibe. It could fit very well with the Santana band :)
on January 30, 2013
This little shaker egg feels much like a real egg in your hand, and has a great, mellow sound.

It is larger and more round on top than the Jim Dunlap egg shaker, which some have said that the Dunlap actually fits inside their small child's mouth (scary for mom).

The children have dropped this egg shaker on the ground countless times, and it has survived without any cracking! (yay)

For only about $2, it's a great buy. We plan on getting all the colors since they are so sturdy.
on December 31, 2013
It's cheap and for occasional use I have had no problem. I like it. I use it as a signal for my students to quiet down, and it's just loud enough that it's good for that. I have not had problems with the black markings rubbing off.
on April 22, 2014
Great shape, great sound, great color. I put this in my son's easter basket for a musical treat, and he loves it. It's a great gift for any child and any musician in your life.
on March 25, 2013
My grandson loves this toy. It fits perfectly in his precious little hand and it has a soft happy sound. I also use it to teach colors. We also have green and red.
on February 24, 2013
These little eggs are a treat! They just fit in tiny hands and are fun for big hands too. The sound is nice and it is a really easy way to teach rhythms.