5.0 out of 5 stars Great At-Home age spots treatment
I purchased this product approx. 8 months ago. Since then, I have been applying a small amount on my age spots/freckles every night. My facial skin is much more clear and the spots/freckles are much less visible; some of them are totally gone. That's how much it has improved.

Published on February 25, 2012 by LoveMy

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsuccessful
I used this product faithfully every morning and evening for 6 months and saw no change in the dark spots on my face. Don't waste your money.
Published 16 months ago by Barbie S

5.0 out of 5 stars Great At-Home age spots treatment, February 25, 2012
This review is from: Meladerm Skin Whitening/lightening Uneven Skin Tone 1.7 Fl .Oz! Brand New!!

My facial skin is very sensitive. I have many brands that I can not use on my face. I was concerned if this product could cause any itchiness or reddish flakes, but it didn't. My skin is nice and smooth.

At first I was not sure if it was going to work for me; however, I must say that I am very satisfied with the result and I would recommend this product to anyone. I just ordered another bottle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsuccessful, November 26, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars What's up with this price?, July 4, 2013
This rating is more about the price than the product. Why is this so expensive on Amazon while the Civant site has it for $15 less?? BTW this product works fine but the results may vary based on your skin type.

[...]

3.0 out of 5 stars meladerm skin lightening, April 6, 2012
I bought the product but was not happy at all. First of all, the price is a bit too much for the size of the product. Next thing was I did not see any results after using it for one month. I thought it was a good product because of the previous reviews but I did not see even a slight improvment on the dark spots on my face. I think this is a waste of money but you be the judge if you decide to waste your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly worth it, February 1, 2013
I have been using Meladerm since August of 2012. Being part Asian, I inherited my mother's beautiful skin but unfortunately did not take care of it. Before I knew it I had very prominent sunspots on my forehead, around my eyes, along my lipline and on my cheekbones.
I'd tried so many products, and spent a lot of money in doing so. I was dubious when I finally found Meladerm but I took the plunge and noticed an improvement after 6 weeks. At that time the 'moustache' I'd had across my lip was very faint. Now it is all but faded. The sunspots on my cheekbones are still there but 5 months along they are certainly not as prominent as before. And as an added bonus, the wrinkles on my forehead are nowhere near as pronounced. My sister even commented recently on how much better my skin is looking. I can actually hide the spots now using mineral makeup and I have learned to build it up so that the overall effect is lighter and brighter. My advice to anyone thinking about it? Try it. I'm glad I took the plunge and I found it is worth the money - I have only just run out of the cleanser (again, 5 months later!). I also knew this was not going to be an overnight process and I accept there is still more work needed. I suggest you take before and after photos to help tell the difference - this certainly helped me. And finally, protect your skin. I cannot stress this enough. Help the process along with sunscreen, do not go anywhere without it! I have found my regime now. Unfortunately it has taken me to my forties to find it but I'm happy I did :) Good luck!

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me !, July 28, 2013
Did not lighten and infact I found that my skin got even but darker by couple shades.
I returned it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Smells good, October 9, 2013
Like the smell but did nothing for brown spots on my face. I used this morning and night in conjunction with the aha serum by Civiant. It was supposed to accelerate the process. Did not work for me. Will not purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meladerm Skin Whitening/lightening Serum, February 1, 2013
I've used a lot of products for my melasma and this is the best product out there. After a week of regular use, my skin feels great. I recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful products, February 21, 2012
Civant products are wonderful. I have been using Meladerm for melasma on my neck and I'am seeing results If you use it faithfully and over time you should see results. My melasma is fading and getting smaller. I have used it for a few months now. it is working great for me. Thanks Civant for such wonderful products. I use the cleanser the green cloth and the skin toner and the meladerm. They are all working great for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Melasma due to Birth Control Pill, April 15, 2014
I have had Melasma, due to birth control pills, under my eyes on my cheek bones for over 6 years. They are dark “stripes” on my cheekbones…they sort of resemble the eye black paint football players apply under their eyes to reduce glare from stadium lights. It was awful and embarrassing. People also asked me about them and thought I looked tired. I tried everything to get rid of my hyperpigmentation! Lumixyl, hydroquinone, AHA and nothing ever worked! Melasma due to birth control pills is not the same as hyperpigmentation due to sun damage. Melasma due to birth control occurs deep within the skin’s layers and no other treatment was able to penetrate deep into my skin like Meladerm! I applied Meladerm twice a day, in the morning and evening, and used sunscreen (SPF 60) during the day. It smells great and never burned or irritated by skin. I notice that my dark spots were lighter in just 2 weeks! Even the outer edges of the dark spots under my eyes softened. It’s been 4 months and the spots are gone! I can go outside with no makeup on! I just wear moisturizer and sunscreen! I will continue to use Meladerm forever! Meladerm changed my quality of life and gave me my confidence back! Thank you!
This product worked just like it said it would.
***
I liked the smell and the fact that it didn't burn my skin. It absorbs well into the skin. Non greasy.
I would recommend this product to anyone who has melasma or hyperpigmentation that is caused by sun damage AND melasma that is hormonal (i.e. caused by pregnancy, birth control pills)
My skin type is olive tone (Mediterranean), combination.
Age: 35