Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now Tikes

Product Packaging: Standard PackagingChange

on July 14, 2010
Please don't let the pictures of this tiger fool you. It's not very attractive. Granted, the face is actually pretty well designed, but it is completely solid Styrofoam inside and extremely uncomfortable. It looks and feels like a cheaply made carnival prize. Not only that, but if you notice, all the pictures of it show it at an angle or only the face. That is because the hind quarters of this animal is unbelievable disproportionate and ugly. The back legs are tiny, the back is too short and WAY too narrow, and the tail is tiny and thin with no fluff or stuffing to it. Its like they spent all their time on the front half and then just threw crap together to make the hindend. Its HIDEOUS. I stuck it under the giraffe I bought in the nursery so you can only see its face. I was debating over and over again about getting the tiger or the lion, I had seen the lion in person and really liked it, I figured the tiger was the same thing except different markings and less mane, but its completely different. Go for the lion or the giraffe, I got the giraffe and really like it. The tiger is just a complete swing and a miss.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2008
This is a great plush tiger. It is huge..pliable..soft..and very well-made and lifelike. The cost is very reasonable for this much "cat".
I have her on my living room footstool and she fills it up, with her tail over the edge and her paws over the other end,so she is VERY big. I certainly recommend this for anyone who just loves tigers and for kids to bond with.
VINE VOICEon November 28, 2012
I am use to good quality well-designed products from Melissa and Doug with their wooden toys. And I had seen this in person when shopping a year ago and it always stuck in my mind. Amazon has it at a good price, especially considering the size box it comes in and shipping costs.

I was concerned with some of the recent reviews where it seemed almost a different toy. Well I bought this in November 2012 and the look, quality, softness, and detail have exceeded my expectations and what I remembered. The face is very detailed, with different and realistic fur and other details. There are details under the paws. Even the tail is sized well and detailed. You can get a lot of educational value because of the realism: you can discuss the size of the paws for running fast, the stripes for camouflage, etc.

The one shortcoming is that it isn't very poseable except the tale. But at this price, I expected that. The whole tiger is soft and cuddly all the way around. It is a large, cuddly, realistic, detailed plush toy that will bring any child lots of joy, cuddling, and hugs. Recommended.
on August 31, 2011
As I was watching my wild kids (4 and 2 years old) playing with this huge tiger it just hit me that I really need to write a review, I feel I owe it to Melissa & Doug for providing such excellent quality toys for very reasonable prices. My son got this about 2 years ago it has, since that day, been dragged through the house by the ears and tail, been ridden and bitten and chewed on and just used and abused every day. I haven't seen any damage, amazingly the seems are intact, this is truly amazing when it has been dragged by tail and ears and as it has a bit of weight to it, you would expect the seems to go quite soon but no, not at all! It has basically the same shape, color and doesn't even look dirty (allthough it surely is)

I would recommend this to everyone and every age, it will last us for years to come I'm sure.

With free shipping (it's a heavy huge item) it'a a great great deal!
on February 15, 2008
Fun animal. Not as big as I thought it would be but still big. The tail is really long and makes up the majority of the 6 ft. Seems to hold up well, really soft. I would buy another one!
on April 12, 2011
I purchased this M&D Giant Tiger for my daughter's 10th birthday this past February and he was the hit of the party. Upon jumping up out of his wrapped box, he was covered in hugs and kisses and immediately christened "Hobbes". It's been two months now and even though "Hobbes" gets a LOT of play-time, he's holding up wonderfully. He sleeps with my daughter always and takes up an ample amount of space on her twin bed. This is a beautiful stuffed animal for any one that would love a giant tiger, regardless of their age. I see his cousin, the white tiger, being adopted sometime in the near future.
on January 14, 2012
This tiger was purchased along with a big Melissa and Doug lion for Christmas for my daughters. We also received an additional M&D lion from my parents for Christmas for the girls, meaning we now have 3 large cats at our house. While our 3 girls ranging in ages from 5-10 love their new animals, they are made poorly. Having them in our house for less than 24 hours, one lion was noted fresh out of the box with a hole in his head at the top of his face where his mane meets his face. The tiger has 3 different locations of holes at stitching sites. Also, true to a real cat's nature, they shed tremendous amounts of fur all over my carpets. In addition as I'm sure previous reviewers stated one leg is so much longer than the other front leg looks a little weird. With all this being said, my girls don't mind any of it, and love their new realistic looking big cats. I just wish the stuffing didn't look like it was ready to escape too!
on February 15, 2012
This will be going into our first grandbaby's nursery, and I'm very pleased with the quality. Fits right in with the jungle theme. I also ordered the giraffe by Melissa & Doug, and it too is perfect! The giraffe is my favorite, however this tiger is great also. The stitching seems to be very well done and the feel of the "fur" is not at all stiff. I can't wait to put it all together and see the end result!
on December 26, 2007
My daughter is Tiger crazy. This huge plush pal was the perfect Christmas gift. Overall it is well made, however, we did find a seam which will need an easy fix. It came in a huge (somewhat battered) box - which drove my girl nuts with curiousity. I would definitely order from this vendor again.
on April 24, 2009
This is an wonderful product at an incredible price. It is a nice size and beautifully detailed. We actually bought it for our son's 1st year b-day because he loves huge stuffed animals. He loves it; frequently climbing all over it or pouncing into the sides. I think it is perfectly safe for a smaller child as the only chocking hazards would involve strangulation via the tail or a child gouging out the eyes and eating them. If you don't notice that happening, you need proff. help. The face is very nice, which was important to me. The only things that seem odd were that the hindquarters are a bit disproportionately small and the tag said it was 'pose-able'? My husband keeps bringing that up. . . I don't really see how it is pose-able, its posED, and the tail is pose-able I suppose. . . but the arms are not really movable. Very nice overall, even I like to hug it:) I will probably be buying the giraffe and the zebra for my son's jungle-themed room when we have the $.