I should admit that I didn't buy this item as a toy but rather as the basis for a Halloween costume. I intended to wear the head as a mask and attach the other parts of the body to myself as a makeshift giraffe costume. I'm about 6'3" and can say that it worked out quite nicely.

Published on November 9, 2010 by Also Dan Lowe

3.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
Well first I should start by saying that the customer pictures do NOT do it justice. In all of the pictures it looks weirdly skinny and awkward in general. But let me tell you, it is the cutest thing I have ever owned!! There is only one thing I would change and that is that I can't ride it!! I will say that I considered not buying it because of the heavy price, and I...
Published 17 months ago by Heather waleri

5.0 out of 5 stars As a testament to its durability and safety, I had a hard time tearing it apart, November 9, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush (Toy)

What I found from dismantling it, though, may be useful to those buying it as a toy. I cut it up along the stitches which happened to be like one would dress the cape of an animal. It was stuffed tightly and the stitches took some work in most places since they weren't overly exposed and blended well. I imagine it would be hard to pull any strings out accidentally. More than that, the 'fur' was clean and even rustling it around didn't leave much if any mess behind. The outfit got tugged on quite a bit over the night, too, the places I didn't unstitch on purpose stayed together, and the aesthetic elements such as the mane and the face took a beating without a problem.

Internally the workmanship was just as thoughtful. The whole thing stands up because of a wire frame that extends up through the head, down into each limb and reinforced in the back. It took an incredible effort pulling the wire out of the legs as they seemed to be either sewn inside or bunched up to prevent the wire frame from moving and/or the legs becoming accidentally torn off. I didn't try sitting on the frame when it was all together (I weigh about 175 lbs) but suspect it would have held up rather well, which bodes well for the load of a toddler or child who'd want to jump on. Also, the wire is wrapped in plastic and doubled up in each part (neck, limbs) so that there are no ends poking out where the wire extends. If in some fluke occurrence a part of the wire did come exposed, it's not going to easily injure anyone. The part where it's reinforced on the back does have some bolting that's a bit sharper, but one would have to get through almost a foot of stuffing from the belly to ever land on it in the wrong way.

I'm a sucker for stuffed animals, and while this one will never be the same even if I did try to put it back together, I can say that if I ever have kids and come across this toy or a kind with similar quality I'd add it to their room in a second.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Giant Giraffe!!, July 6, 2009
RSGarm (Tampa, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:32 Mins

This video of my 6 year old niece and her older brother opening the box on her birthday shows most everything one needs to know about this giraffe...

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter's favorite!, September 3, 2009
Norma J. Smith (Silver Spring, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush (Toy)
My 11 year old daughter saw this Giraffe at a local toy store for much more than she had saved. I sugested that we look on line and see if we could find it for less $. We did and are very pleased. It was shipped FED-EX and was here in a flash. Since she is an older child, I wasn't sure if she would still like it once it came,but, she plays with it almost every day after school. She has been reading about Giraffes and their life cycle etc. It has inspired her to learn more. Who knew that a simple stuffed animal can bring out so much?

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas wish, December 26, 2008
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush (Toy)
My 3 yr old Granddaughter told me she asked Santa Claus for a giraffe, a big giraffe that she could sit and ride on and watch tv.

So I looked all over in the stores for a giraffe, I didn't really expect to find something like that in my area.

Then I checked on Amazon, looked at different pictures, and this one had a really cute face, the reviews seemed great, the price seemed right, so I decided to order it for my granddaughter.

The delivery was really fast, and I was really amazed when I opened it, just how nice it was...I had the giraffe standing in my living room, til I had to hide it from my granddaughters earlier than expected visit.

Then came my trip to go visit my Granddaughter for Christmas...She got tons of presents. Christmas morning, she came down stairs and seen all the presents and then.... Giraffe was the first thing that caught her attention among all of them....She said, "My giraffe, she's so tall, she's beautiful and she hugged it and said, I Wuv you giraffe....then preceeded to open all her presents over time....after everything was opened- she wanted on the giraffe, which I was really leary of, but she got up there and sat...and it definately withstood her weight....off and on, christmas day and night and the next day she was on and off and pulling and trying to carry this giraffe, knocking it down so she could lay beside it...it seems to be able to withstand roughness....We had to take it upstairs at her bedtime, so giraffe could sleep in her room.

I would Definately buy this for a child again, the look on her face was worth millions. This toy even out beat the expensive Barbie Jeep that she also asked Santa for and that her parents bought her....hahahaha

4.0 out of 5 stars big happy, May 15, 2007
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush (Toy)
my daughter wanted 'a life sized baby giraffe' for her birthday and was blown away when her wish came true. this big giraffe has a great wow factor at a reasonable price. good quality, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY AMAZING!, December 12, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush (Toy)
seeing this giant giraffe and this deal was almost too good to be true! i jumped right in and bought it. i bought it on the 1st, everything went though on the 2nd and i recieved it on the 3rd! I DIDNT EVEN BUY THE SPPEDY SHIPPING. So in shorter words, this is one of the best items i have ever bought off line.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Giant Giraffe, October 26, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush (Toy)
I purchased this giraffe to decorate my grandson's nursery. It is beyond my expectations! The quality is exceptional. I don't see it being used as a toy, it is to large for that, but as a decorative piece it is fantastic. It is very sturdy, it is 5 feet tall but it stands very well. It definitely is the focal point of the nursery. I am very pleased with it and would purchase more "jungle" animals for the nursery in the future. It shipped quickly and was received in great condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-like Plush, June 7, 2010
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush (Toy)
I saw this giraffe at my local Baby store. I loved the product, but found the price a little high. I went to Amazon and found it for 25% less than the Baby store and it had free shipping as well. It arrived in perfect condition. I am very satisfied with this gift for my soon-to-be grandchild.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Fabulous Giraffe ever!!!, December 10, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush (Toy)
This huge guy has stolen my heart. Here's a little story why I ordered him...I was in the hospital recovering from surgery and I saw a stuffed giraffe in the hospital gift shop that I fell in love with but he was very expensive and I didn't buy him. The next day, not being able to get this silly giraffe out of my head, I got on amazon looking for "large stuffed giraffes" and this wonderful guy (now name Goeff (Jeff)), and he was a fraction of the price as the one in the gift shop and 3 times as big! So I ordered him just for me cuz I thought, after all I had been thru, I deserved a "treat". How was I to know he would show up 3 days later and would be even more magnficent in person!! I have to spend most of my time in bed, still recuperating, but Geoff is right here with me and everytime I get discouraged, I look at him and he makes me smile. Now if this toy can bring such joy into my life, just imagine the look on your child's face when they see him under the tree on Christmas morning!! Needless to say, I give Geoffe 5+++++ *'s. I love him!

5.0 out of 5 stars love this giraffe, January 15, 2007
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush (Toy)
We found this giraffe in a local toy story for an outragous price, I found it on Amazon more than 20% less. The quality is excellent, he is sturdy, and stands great. This will be the kind of toy that will get passed down to grandchildren. I love him, and my 3 year old does too.

Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush