5.0 out of 5 stars Best Simple Toy
My daughter received this for her 3rd birthday, and she loved it... she put different outfits on her and she played with it forever... what I like is that it comes in its own case so that all of the pieces stay together...
Published on September 23, 2006 by Julie Petrenko

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get this, buy the Circo version instead
This is a great toy, however, as another reader states, Melissa & Doug failed terribly in the container, and it IS important!!!
There are so many little pieces that, you want to keep them in a container you can close, otherwise it is a real pain, trust me.
Published on January 15, 2011 by S. Echeverria

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get this, buy the Circo version instead, January 15, 2011
S. Echeverria "msect" (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Deluxe 27-Piece Nina Ballerina Magnetic Dress-Up (Toy)
I found a much better version of this toy, made by Circo (I believe this is a Target brand), the doll is nicer, there are more pieces of clothing AND the box has a sliding lid, BRILLIANT. I actually bought it too and looove it, as for the Melissa & Doug one, I have to find another box to put all the pieces together... not very smart.
With kids, you want to keep things organized and mess-free as much as posible, so GO with the Target brand, it is just as good quality, better design and cheaper!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Simple Toy, September 23, 2006
Julie Petrenko (Grand Rapids, MI) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Ballerina wooden "paper" doll, July 9, 2007
I bought this for a 3 year old for her birthday and she has been playing with it daily for the past few months! She loves to invent different costumes and sings while playing and dances around with the doll. My daughter has it and plays with it daily for the past couple of years! (she is 5 now).
My daughter loves paperdolls, but they don't last. This toy will last a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan-tas-tic!!!, August 3, 2007
We got this for our not-quite-three-year old daughter last week. She loves playing with it. Even when she's not putting different outfits on the doll she'll play with it, talking to her "pretty 'rina". I would definately tell someone to buy this without any hesitation, it's a great gift for a child.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute toy. Buy a container to keep the pieces together., July 14, 2008
JudyV (McDonald, PA) - See all my reviews
Cute toy that my daughter loves. TONS better than the paper dolls I played with when I was young. My only complant is that the box has no lid. I have pieces all over. Buy a plastic container and you will be fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, June 22, 2010
This toy is great, but I do wish the box had a lid for easier storage. I have had this over a year, and my kids haven't lost any pieces, but a lid would still be preferred. Other than that, it is a great, fun, and durable toy. My kids really love to put different outfits together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, January 30, 2010
My daughter (4 yrs) has 3 of these little magnetic dolls and she loves them. They are easy to play with and come with many different clothing options. I just wish there was a permanent cover to go over the box to hold all the pieces in place - I've resorted to putting it all in a shoebox to keep little pieces from being lost.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fun - but no lid on the box makes it tough!!, November 17, 2007
This is a fun toy, my daughter loves to mix and match the clothes. But the box has no lid on it, which means endless searching for the lost ballerina shoe or the missing shirt. I've seen other magnetic dress up sets that have lids, and I would suggest getting one of those instead!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, poor packaging, October 4, 2012
L. H. (SD United States) - See all my reviews
My daughter has one of these and while the toy itself is a lot of fun, the packaging leaves some to be desired. The dress pieces and the doll come in a little partitioned box, which is perfect, but it doesn't have any type of lid to keep the pieces in. This is great if you're keeping it neatly on a shelf, but makes it hard to take with you anywhere without your own storage container.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids enjoy this!, December 12, 2009
Denise (Plevna, MT United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for a daycare center, and the kids love it. The sturdy pieces are perfect for eager little hands. The girls are especially delighted, but the boys like it, too!

ARRAY(0x9c4af5a0)