Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Size: Glossy Exclusive Paper|Change

on January 15, 2011
This is a great toy, however, as another reader states, Melissa & Doug failed terribly in the container, and it IS important!!!
There are so many little pieces that, you want to keep them in a container you can close, otherwise it is a real pain, trust me.
I found a much better version of this toy, made by Circo (I believe this is a Target brand), the doll is nicer, there are more pieces of clothing AND the box has a sliding lid, BRILLIANT. I actually bought it too and looove it, as for the Melissa & Doug one, I have to find another box to put all the pieces together... not very smart.
With kids, you want to keep things organized and mess-free as much as posible, so GO with the Target brand, it is just as good quality, better design and cheaper!!!
22 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2006
My daughter received this for her 3rd birthday, and she loved it... she put different outfits on her and she played with it forever... what I like is that it comes in its own case so that all of the pieces stay together...
on July 9, 2007
I bought this for a 3 year old for her birthday and she has been playing with it daily for the past few months! She loves to invent different costumes and sings while playing and dances around with the doll. My daughter has it and plays with it daily for the past couple of years! (she is 5 now).
My daughter loves paperdolls, but they don't last. This toy will last a long time!
on July 14, 2008
Cute toy that my daughter loves. TONS better than the paper dolls I played with when I was young. My only complant is that the box has no lid. I have pieces all over. Buy a plastic container and you will be fine.
on January 26, 2016
My daughter received a different version of the M&D 27 piece doll for Christmas and cannot stop playing with her. When I procrastinated in purchasing a birthday gift for my friend's daughter, I turned to my trusty Amazon Prime to give me a good selection of product to arrive on my door step within 2 days. I am a huge fan of M&D products and this did not disappoint. My friend's daughter is completely obsessed with all things Ballerina so this doll was a huge hit. The case it comes in is perfect for organization purposes and I actually have my daughter's inside of a wide plastic container to prevent any of the pieces from being lost. The colors are very bright and the product is of excellent quality. This was a major hit at the birthday party! I highly recommend!
on November 17, 2007
This is a fun toy, my daughter loves to mix and match the clothes. But the box has no lid on it, which means endless searching for the lost ballerina shoe or the missing shirt. I've seen other magnetic dress up sets that have lids, and I would suggest getting one of those instead!
on August 3, 2007
We got this for our not-quite-three-year old daughter last week. She loves playing with it. Even when she's not putting different outfits on the doll she'll play with it, talking to her "pretty 'rina". I would definately tell someone to buy this without any hesitation, it's a great gift for a child.
on January 30, 2010
My daughter (4 yrs) has 3 of these little magnetic dolls and she loves them. They are easy to play with and come with many different clothing options. I just wish there was a permanent cover to go over the box to hold all the pieces in place - I've resorted to putting it all in a shoebox to keep little pieces from being lost.
on June 22, 2010
This toy is great, but I do wish the box had a lid for easier storage. I have had this over a year, and my kids haven't lost any pieces, but a lid would still be preferred. Other than that, it is a great, fun, and durable toy. My kids really love to put different outfits together.
on December 28, 2014
First, I wish this product came with a carrying case. Once the top plastic is ripped, you are left with the magnets in a tray so its best you have an idea of how you will store the set before you make your purchase. Also, its disappointing that NINA appears to be only interested in having her outfits changed. Her counterpart, JOEY, gets to changes professions and be a doctor, policeman, firefighter etc. It would have been great to give NINA these options as well outside of being a Ballerina and just changing clothes. To make up for NINA's limitations, I purchased NINA and JOEY for my 18 year old niece. She along with her 4 year old brother enjoyed playing with the magnets but both found JOEY to be more entertaining ----much to my sanctification.