Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on August 4, 2008
This puppet is absolutely adorable and is so well made, it has the quality of a "Sesame Street" puppet. Recommended for 3 yrs+ and even for adults. My grandchildren have had hours of fun pretending with their puppets. I bought three of them and their imaginations have soared making up scenes with their puppets. Even adults can enjoy "pretending" with these puppets
on September 29, 2010
Don't usually do reviews but I purchased several puppets and the puppet theatre (doorway hanging model) for my 4 year old granddaughter. She was thrilled and insists on taking at least one puppet with her wherever she goes (the princess is her favorite). The quality of the puppets far exceeded my expectations, especially considering the very reasonable price. The theatre is great fun and although the puppets can be enjoyed without it, it add another element of fun to the shows. Puppets are a great way for kids to act out what they're feeling and to develop their already-active imaginations. I highly recommend these toys to anyone considering them.
on January 7, 2011
I purchased the Melissa & Doug Princess Puppet for my mother for Christmas. She absolutely loves it! The puppet brought more joy to Christmas than you can even imagine. We had such a blast taking turns and giving her our own personalities. Such a great way to spend time with family and wow does it cause serious stomach pain from all the laughter! The only thing we weren't 100% satisfied with was the very small amount of space for your hand (when controling the mouth). Perhaps these puppets were meant for children though? Other than that she was a huge success so thanks!
on June 21, 2009
The Melissa & Doug puppets are well made and have nice finishing touches that make them sophisticated enough for a 5 and up child. My 3 year old granddaughter loves them too, but I think she will enjoy the extra features like the stick for hand movements when she is a little older. A good purchase for fun now and in the future.
on December 29, 2008
I purchased the princess puppet along with 4 other Melissa & Doug Puppets. My grandchildren loved all of them and created their own puppet show which was very imaginative. Great way to get the kids away from the TV, Computer, etc.
on September 17, 2009
These puppets are dollar-for-dollar the most entertaining item you'll ever buy for your kids. Great quality and has years of value.
on October 3, 2011
I was very disappointed in the Melissa & Doug Princess Puppet. This is the first item received from Amazon I was unhappy with. There is something wrong with the construction of the mouth. My husband and I both tried to move the mouth up and down and it just doesn't work right. To be perfectly blunt, it looks deformed. At first, I felt like returning the Princess Puppet. Instead, I'm giving it to my 5 year old grand daughter, anyway; and she can decide if the puppet is a wicked, step-mother or a not-so-pretty princess. We can't all be beautiful. . .
"No one is perfect."
on May 1, 2014
these are excellent puppets. they are made of high quality materials and quality workmanship. daughter loved them and now wants the theater.
on December 15, 2012
This puppet is plug ugly. Instead of a princess, I received a troll in a princess costume. She has a serious underbite -- the lower jaw is so full of stuff that it juts out and she looks like, well, a troll. It is really unfortunate, because she's part of the fairytale set that includes the king, queen (also not pretty, but better looking than her daughter), knight (he looks toothless and more like a fireman in a satin suit than a knight) and dragon (how come there's no prince?). The dragon is the best looking of the bunch. The princess and knight, though? Going back. (The seller is graciously permitting me to do a partial return for a pro-rated refund.) I simply can't justify giving these puppets as presents when I know they won't be played with. I found a prettier princess, though she's a glove puppet.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2014
Added this awfully cute princess puppet as a strong, young female character to the repertoire of stage puppets in the care and supervision of a grade school puppeteer. This princess quickly became a favorite personality and leader in the group. Love Melissa and Doug puppets as they are simple, friendly, easy care, and inexpensive. The Melissa and Doug puppet theater is active here. Off the cuff monologues and mini plays are emerging all the time. Now there's talk of "writing" scenes and plays. This little puppet helps build confidence and coordination skills. An entertaining, educational and engaging puppet that helps get the creative communication juices flowing!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse