Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

on December 4, 2010
Very well made truck and trailer. We've had a lot of great pretend trips going to the farms to pick up the veggies on to the stores to deliver them and then to unload them. I love sitting on the floor and playing with good toys and this is one of them.
As for; age 2 or so, on up, you're never to old to play!
on March 22, 2013
I had been looking for toy items that a little boy could load/haul/dump in his toy trucks/trailers. There is almost nothing, which is surprising. The few items must be purchased with trucks. This item is very nice but my little boy preferred driving his more realistic plastic truck with attached trailer and loader to this simpler truck/trailer. The plastic truck has a loader attachment that makes it irresistible.

My boy liked the removable side panels on this but didn't seem that intrigued (as I was) by the cute labeled "container" blocks - not enough to haul them in his other toys. He ended up hauling colored, multi-shaped blocks.

But I think a slightly younger child might like this, under 5? The cost isn't bad considering how well this is made. It will be something that can be handed down for generations. I do recommend it as a beginner truck toy and give it 5 stars because I think it would be a very fun toy for a younger child.
on November 26, 2011
I bought this for my son's 2nd birthday and he loved it, as did my 3 (almost 4) year old son. My 3 year old likes to take some or all of the cargo out and replace it with aliens/guys/other small toys, and my youngest will some times stack the cargo pieces up to make a tower. They also like to take out all the side rail pieces; they are easy for them to take out and put back in, and they will some times remove one and drive away, making things fall off the back in an adventure, or removing one side piece for loading or viewing purposes. The only reason I did not give this toy 5 stars is that, while I like that the trailer is detachable and stands well on its own, the cab is not evenly weighted without the trailer, and it tips forward easily on its own. It's a minor issue, however, as the two pieces are usually used together. I would definitely buy this again. Love it.
on January 2, 2012
This Christmas I bought three of the Melissa & Doug wooden trucks. The cargo carrier, the car carrier, and the horse trailer. My three children ages 7,5,and 2 all enjoy playing with them. Each toy is made very well and I can see them lasting for a long time.
I would say this toy is more age appropriate for 5 and under. My seven year old liked her's to pull around but usually takes out the cargo blocks and puts animals in there. Unlike My two year old son while driving down the interstate saw a real car carrier and called it his truck. I think that says a lot.
on November 2, 2011
This was an instant hit with my 2 year old son. At first he liked filling up the truck, pretending to eat the food in the crates, and driving it around. Now, he takes the sides off and hauls various items on the back (little construction vehicles, trains, etc.) just as he sees flat bed trucks hauling things when we're out. We also have the car carrier, which is another hit with him. BTW, the trucks for both of these vehicles are interchangeable.
on December 9, 2011
I bought the cargo carrier and car carrier for my nephews (ages 0-13) to play with at my house. These were played with the entire day on Thanksgiving. As soon as one child would leave them another would go over and play with them. They were so popular that I am now buying the log carrier and the low loader for myself for Christmas to add to the fun!
Nice eye hand coordination activity in addition to imaginative play.
on March 13, 2012
We purchased this for our nephews so that they have some toys to play with at our house when they visit. In the age of high tech and battery operated toys, we wanted something that they could play with using their imagination. This is a quality product and to our great satisfaction, they love playing with them and ask for them everytime they are over. Melissa and Doug toys are durable and great for kids of all ages.
on December 31, 2011
I bought this wooden cargo carrier for my 2 1/2 year old grandson. He absolutely loves it! He unloads the crates and puts people in it granddaughter's idea. They then go on a field trip to see the dinasaurs (wooden magnets I also bought) which they have displayed on their metal railing. These toys are quiet and leave room for imagination. I also bought the car carrier for him.
on October 18, 2012
The concept is great. We have the Melissa & Doug car transporter and love it. This one keeps breaking. The sides of the truck keep coming off and then the bottoms break off very easily which basically renders this useless. I expected better quality from them. My son loves the car transporter, but this one is a dud.
on March 26, 2011
My daughter really likes this, she uses it to haul some of her matchbox and melissa and doug cars, likes to stack the crates and smash the truck into them! Still looks like new!! Love it!

See 1 answered question