Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on October 24, 2009
The smock seems great... it's just a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I bought it for my three year old and it's huge around her chest and neck. She's very average for size. I'll either take in the shoulder seams or save it for a couple years.
on May 14, 2007
I like this smock, even though it doesn't have long sleeves. My 4 yr old paints outside and I thought long sleeves would be too warm. She can put it on by herself, and it can be easily wiped clean. It's held up great and I think it makes her feel like an artist :)
on July 28, 2012
I bought this smock for my 3 year old boy who is above average tall and average built kid. This smock is probably something that would fit well for someone who is as tall as 6 years old and has built of an adult. The only positive is that it is durable. As someone said before, this is very awkwardly built smock and does not fit well on the side. I would go with something useful and not so durable than something useless and durable.
on July 26, 2010
This smock was a good purchase, but it does seem a little big (as other reviewers have said). My son paints on the Melissa and Doug standing easel, which comes with several colored clips. My solution to the size of the smock was to take one of the clips and simply clip the back of the smock near the shoulders to keep it snug. Otherwise it does kind of fall of my son's shoulders and down his chest. He is a slightly above average sized 2-year-old. The material seems high quality and it's cute that you can personalize it on the front with his name. The velcro straps on the side are a bit confusing, but they keep it closed, which is fine.
review image review image
on January 5, 2013
The smock is a great idea, but my son is an average sized 6 year old, and it covers very little of his chest because even if I tighten the sides as much as possible, the smock still hangs very low. It's very big. I'd just as soon use an old tee shirt for painting days.
on January 17, 2016
Sizing: My youngest just turned two and is around the 60th percentile in height and weight (so pretty average). This smock is large on him---it fits passably if the straps are as tight as they will go. It also fits my five-year-old, though it's on the small side for him. Good size for preschoolers in between those two age groups.

Pros:

- Washable. The clear, heavy duty plastic coating makes it easy to wipe clean.
- Utility. Has a handy pocket in the front to hold brushes and other supplies.
- Fun. In addition to the bright colors, the kids enjoy having their name or a little decoration on the front of their smock.
- Large. Unlike some other smocks I looked at, this one is long enough to protect their clothes from around the knees up.

Cons:

- Cost. Though not expensive (~$9 when I purchased it), I think you can get passable smocks for 1/3 or 1/2 the price.
on July 22, 2011
This Artist's smock was purchased as a gift for my granddaughter's birthday.
She is 8 yrs old, so far, she enjoys wearing it and playing with her new
easel that Nanny & Poppa bought for her too!
I think she will not get too much use out of it, its kind of short on
her. I thought the age group was from 8 yrs. to 12 yrs. My daughter
said no, its good up to 8 yrs old.
Otherwise, I think I made a perfect selection for my granddaughter.
on February 8, 2011
This is a great smock and would do the trick if it fits. However, my son is 2 years old and the smock falls off his shoulders. This would be great for a 3+ year old child.
on November 27, 2014
I was so excited for this smock because my toddler loves to paint. However, I can't help but feel disappointed when I saw it. My daughter is turning 3 years old in a couple of months and the shoulder part is still too big for her. So I guess she won't be using this until next year or so. The description says you can personalize the chest pocket, and the seller mentioned that it comes with paper/felt that you can write on and slip into the chest pocket for personalization. There was none. Anyway, the chest pocket is opaque so you can barely see whatever you put inside. I'm guessing, you can write on it. It wasn't clear in the description though. The material used is flimsy. In fact, the folds have permanent creases already and look discolored. So disappointed Melissa & Doug!!! :( Most of the toys I buy for my daughter are M&D, and I even buy a lot for gifts because I'm usually very happy with your products. This one was really disappointing.
on January 31, 2016
I want to love this smock, but it is just average for me. One issue is that my daughter is on the smaller side and it's pretty big on her. That was not a deal breaker, but it does make it hard to adjust it so that it isn't distracting to her while she works. She's older and more coordinated now and that has gotten better. The other issue is that the straps in the back are quite fussy. I attribute this to my having to get creative to make the thing fit in the first place. I love M&D's products and wanted to give this one a shot, but I have a mind to buy her something that fits a little better.