5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty!
Published on May 29, 2012 by Sheriff Armando

3.0 out of 5 stars It's all fun and games until there's nothing left to do...
Published on August 4, 2012 by Andrew Ellington

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty!, May 29, 2012
Sheriff Armando (Hartford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
A great, engaging game for (most) ages. This can be played cooperatively (let's see whether we can hang all of the pieces working together) or competitively (who will successfully hang all their pieces first?). And after you have all of the pieces hung, it's just as much fun to see if you can remove them one at a time without disrupting the entire sculpture. While it's recommended for 8 and up, a 3-year-old was able to hang pieces with a lot of help. Nevertheless, its challenging - and whimsical enough - to keep teens and adults engaged as well. Patience, concentration, a steady hand, and a little creativity are all key.

One minor critique - the packaging isn't very strong, and this is such a weird shaped bundle of pieces, you definitely need some sort of container to store it in.

Also, a wish - it would be great if they would come out with an extension pack with more odd shapes.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's all fun and games until there's nothing left to do..., August 4, 2012
Andrew Ellington (I'm kind of everywhere) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'll mirror some other sentiments here regarding the lack of various shapes. The fact that all the pieces are in essence sticks makes gameplay a tad boring and uneventful after a while. Sure, the fun factor is there in the beginning, but it wears off after gameplay begins to lack any real shifts. If you are playing to win, then you are limited to the places in which you can actually hang your pieces, and once you figure out how to strengthen the core then you basically regurgitate the same moves every time you play. Playing alone only helps you to figure out how to build effectively, and there isn't an unlimited amount of shapes you can create here, considering that the structures are very easy to collapse if you don't lay your pieces in essentially the same spots every time.

I really like the idea of this, but in order to make this a game that is fun EVERY time and one that the whole family will want to revisit, they really need to create extension packs and even include different bases that would allow for more elaborate creations. As it is, you can basically make one thing here. I do like that it makes you think, and it teaches patience (although my kids are too young for this, so it's a game that my wife and I have entertained ourselves with) and it really does take a steady hand and eye to master it effectively; but the lack of diversity makes this a one-trick pony that runs out of steam rather quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little creativity can add a lot of fun to this product., March 23, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
This game reminds me of an old ,much simpler game ,"Pick-Up Sticks".It's much more challenging,and one could say it's like that game ,but on Steroids.It certainly requires patience and some thoughtful consideration of balancing things and dexterity.It can be played with any number of players,or even by one person.If you'e ever tried to assemble a moblie such as sold to hang over a child's bed or elsewhere,the same principles of balance come into play.
The pieces are pretty well all much the same,the only difference being in their lengths.However,the enjoyment and challenge can be greatly improved with a little imagination.
Here's how.Get some of those hooks they sell for hanging stuff on peg boards.They come in a variety of shapes,sizes and weights and are very inexpensive.Now,try hanging some of them on the structure.Another thing that would be interesting is to introduce magnets.A package containing several small magnets of different sizes would be great.Even a bunch of "fridge magnets" would be excellent.Now for some real creative thinking,get a few metal coat hangers,cut them up in various lengths and with pliers bend them into shapes so they can hang on to the structure.A handful of Christmas tree ornament hangers,or even bent paper clips can be used to hang various objects of different weights. In other words,the possibilities are endless.If that' too involved get some curtain rod hangers to add some variety.
Many Reviewers have been critical of the flimsy container,that soon breaks.I agree with them fully,why,even a container of Pringles is more substantial,and that's meant to be discarded.All I can recommend is that if the container breaks,and it soon will;get one of those cloth bags that are used to hold wine bottles,they'll work fine.
Now, have lots of fun with your "new and imporoved" Suspende.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to family game night!, October 12, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
My kids are 2 and 5 years old, and we started family game night at the beginning of the year. After my husband and I were bored to tears with the little kid's games or the kids were frustrated with older games, I went in search of games for everyone. Surely there had to be games outside of hunger hippo! A game for everyone ages 2 to 200. I adore melissa and doug. Everything they make works so well for my family! I saw this and ordered it immediately.

My 2 year is very construction inclined and my 5 year old loves being good at any game or the best. They took to it immediately! Once the 2 year found out it could fall, he spent a couple rounds purposefully knocking it down but aftef that he did so well. The two of them will play it by themselves. They take turns and quietly play until it falls then there's tons of giggling and try agains. It is very easy to adapt the rules to fit your family. We try to make it a cooperative game and man oh man, I just can't get over how amazing this game is.

Its very sturdy and fits into the container well. I see this game helping with hand eye coordination, pincer grip, and being entertaining for years. We also added marbles to the game night. Unrelated but a suggestion.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
At first we loved this game, but after several rounds of suspend with my 4-year old we got to the point where nobody was winning/losing. It is based on the same principal as jenga - stack until someone breaks it - but there are a limited number of game pieces and, like I said, even my 4-year old easily mastered the skills of the game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
The kids love playing this. Adults like playing it too because it's challenging and different every time. Doesn't hurt as much as legos when you step on the pieces>

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, but gets boring, September 13, 2013
Joe "Joe" (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
I got this because of all the good reviews. It is well made but after you do it a few times, you get pretty bored with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids like this and I can play it with them., November 4, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
I found this in a store and got it for my 5 and 6 year old boys. It is fun to play with them or they can play together or even alone. I am going to order another one on Amazon as a Christmas gift for someone. With free shipping when I buy a couple other items at the same time, it will be cheaper than I paid for the first one in the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun game, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
We loved this. I bought it for my daugthers 4th birthday and it was perfect. I ended up buying a couple extra ones as gift for friends. It's similar idea to Jenga, but i think I little more creative

5.0 out of 5 stars good for all ages, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Suspend (Toy)
This is good for adults and young people. Very challenging but can be done. Makes a good game for a family gathering.

Melissa & Doug Suspend