Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Package Quantity: 1Size: one sizeChange

on May 29, 2012
A great, engaging game for (most) ages. This can be played cooperatively (let's see whether we can hang all of the pieces working together) or competitively (who will successfully hang all their pieces first?). And after you have all of the pieces hung, it's just as much fun to see if you can remove them one at a time without disrupting the entire sculpture. While it's recommended for 8 and up, a 3-year-old was able to hang pieces with a lot of help. Nevertheless, its challenging - and whimsical enough - to keep teens and adults engaged as well. Patience, concentration, a steady hand, and a little creativity are all key.

One minor critique - the packaging isn't very strong, and this is such a weird shaped bundle of pieces, you definitely need some sort of container to store it in.

Also, a wish - it would be great if they would come out with an extension pack with more odd shapes.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2013
This game reminds me of an old ,much simpler game ,"Pick-Up Sticks".It's much more challenging,and one could say it's like that game ,but on Steroids.It certainly requires patience and some thoughtful consideration of balancing things and dexterity.It can be played with any number of players,or even by one person.If you'e ever tried to assemble a moblie such as sold to hang over a child's bed or elsewhere,the same principles of balance come into play.
The pieces are pretty well all much the same,the only difference being in their lengths.However,the enjoyment and challenge can be greatly improved with a little imagination.
Here's how.Get some of those hooks they sell for hanging stuff on peg boards.They come in a variety of shapes,sizes and weights and are very inexpensive.Now,try hanging some of them on the structure.Another thing that would be interesting is to introduce magnets.A package containing several small magnets of different sizes would be great.Even a bunch of "fridge magnets" would be excellent.Now for some real creative thinking,get a few metal coat hangers,cut them up in various lengths and with pliers bend them into shapes so they can hang on to the structure.A handful of Christmas tree ornament hangers,or even bent paper clips can be used to hang various objects of different weights. In other words,the possibilities are endless.If that' too involved get some curtain rod hangers to add some variety.
Many Reviewers have been critical of the flimsy container,that soon breaks.I agree with them fully,why,even a container of Pringles is more substantial,and that's meant to be discarded.All I can recommend is that if the container breaks,and it soon will;get one of those cloth bags that are used to hold wine bottles,they'll work fine.
Now, have lots of fun with your "new and imporoved" Suspende.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 4, 2012
Package Quantity: 1Size: one sizeVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'll mirror some other sentiments here regarding the lack of various shapes. The fact that all the pieces are in essence sticks makes gameplay a tad boring and uneventful after a while. Sure, the fun factor is there in the beginning, but it wears off after gameplay begins to lack any real shifts. If you are playing to win, then you are limited to the places in which you can actually hang your pieces, and once you figure out how to strengthen the core then you basically regurgitate the same moves every time you play. Playing alone only helps you to figure out how to build effectively, and there isn't an unlimited amount of shapes you can create here, considering that the structures are very easy to collapse if you don't lay your pieces in essentially the same spots every time.

I really like the idea of this, but in order to make this a game that is fun EVERY time and one that the whole family will want to revisit, they really need to create extension packs and even include different bases that would allow for more elaborate creations. As it is, you can basically make one thing here. I do like that it makes you think, and it teaches patience (although my kids are too young for this, so it's a game that my wife and I have entertained ourselves with) and it really does take a steady hand and eye to master it effectively; but the lack of diversity makes this a one-trick pony that runs out of steam rather quickly.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2013
My kids are 2 and 5 years old, and we started family game night at the beginning of the year. After my husband and I were bored to tears with the little kid's games or the kids were frustrated with older games, I went in search of games for everyone. Surely there had to be games outside of hunger hippo! A game for everyone ages 2 to 200. I adore melissa and doug. Everything they make works so well for my family! I saw this and ordered it immediately.

My 2 year is very construction inclined and my 5 year old loves being good at any game or the best. They took to it immediately! Once the 2 year found out it could fall, he spent a couple rounds purposefully knocking it down but aftef that he did so well. The two of them will play it by themselves. They take turns and quietly play until it falls then there's tons of giggling and try agains. It is very easy to adapt the rules to fit your family. We try to make it a cooperative game and man oh man, I just can't get over how amazing this game is.

Its very sturdy and fits into the container well. I see this game helping with hand eye coordination, pincer grip, and being entertaining for years. We also added marbles to the game night. Unrelated but a suggestion.
on July 22, 2015
Such a fun and challenging game!! My 4 year old loves it!
review image
on February 3, 2013
We always have trouble finding gifts that kids and grown ups can play together. this is it! Challenging for everyone, but easy enough, kids can try...and sometimes even do better. Loved it so much, I purchased one for my son's class to use durning inside recess time as well as one for home. the kids love it!
on October 2, 2013
The kids love playing this. Adults like playing it too because it's challenging and different every time. Doesn't hurt as much as legos when you step on the pieces>
on November 4, 2012
I found this in a store and got it for my 5 and 6 year old boys. It is fun to play with them or they can play together or even alone. I am going to order another one on Amazon as a Christmas gift for someone. With free shipping when I buy a couple other items at the same time, it will be cheaper than I paid for the first one in the store.
on October 31, 2013
This is good for adults and young people. Very challenging but can be done. Makes a good game for a family gathering.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 14, 2012
Suspend is a three-dimensional "hanging" game that harkens back to my youth, when most games involved plastic pieces or dice and where you often did things with the pieces, rather than jsut playing with hand-held electronic devices or game systems that are so prevalent now. The goal of this game is to hang rubber-tipped wire pieces from a stand that you construct, which is trickier than it sounds.

I played the game with two of my children, ages five and seven. (The recommended age is eight and up, but you can play with children younger than that, depending on the child and on the amount of help you give your child.) My seven year-old got proficient with the game rather quickly, while my five year old needed a little help, but did well.

We had fun for an afternoon, and as noted above, both of my kids rapidly got the "hang" of it (heh). But other than the first day, they haven't wanted to play Suspend again. I don't know if this is because they're a bit under the recommended age or if today's generation finds electronic toys more "fun". I, however, had a great time with the game and was even playing it by myself.

I applaud "Melissa and Doug" for making toys like this, where kids can learn real world skills, such eye-hand coordination and balance, while having fun doing it even though my brood didn't take to it as I had hoped. I'm keeping the toy until my children are a bit older, and I'll try to interest them again on a rainy or cold winter day. Four stars.