5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Yet Captivating!
Published on December 25, 2011 by Kacie

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some problems for younger ones...
Published 5 months ago by Joanna B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Yet Captivating!, December 25, 2011
Kacie (Southwest FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
My 21 month old son received this as a Christmas gift, and it was the ONLY gift he wanted to play with! It's such a simple concept - a wooden garbage truck with wheels that move and moveable arms on the back that lift the dumpster and dump the "garbage" into the truck compartment. Yet, my son is completely enamored with it. He repeatedly dumps the garbage in, takes it back out, and dumps it back in. I don't really know why, but this toy is a hit! (I should mention that he also loves anything to do with garbage - that may be part of it.) 5 stars for another quality Melissa & Doug toy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some problems for younger ones..., November 3, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
My 2 year old son is obsessed with all trucks, esp. garbage trucks. He loves this one, but here's the problems I have with it. 1) The green dumpster is not attached, it just slides into the yellow prongs. So unless your toddler is has alot of patience, it coming off every time gets old quick. I ended up super-gluing the dumpster onto the prongs, but even that comes off every month or so, so it has to be done again. 2) The garbage block that slides down into the dumpster only goes in ONE way. I mean literally side A only. my 2 year old still hasn't figured this out, so we have to put ping pong balls in the bin for him to dump into the back, because he gets so frustrated trying to get the block in exactly right.

As an adult, I find it funny that there's a recycle symbol on the side and the block that goes with it has obvious garbage painted on it...lol.

I probably wouldn't buy this again for a child under two, but he does play with it alot, with the modifications I made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garbage Truck!, January 26, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
It's a garbage truck, what could be better to a 3 year old boy? We love the Melissa and Doug toys, and were thrilled to find this one. For a little boy who crawled around with his tiny hot wheels pick up truck, putting miniscule pieces of floor crud in it, saying "dis one is garbage... dis one is garbage..." for something like 45 minutes, well, this garbage truck was an awesome gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy, December 10, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
My son received this toy as a present when he turned one. He loves to push it around the house. My older son (2.5 years) likes this toy even more. You can have the truck lift the dumpster to dump the recycling block into the truck. My older son is able to manuever the pieces to do this while my one year old cannot. When other children visit they like to play with it as well. It's been a nice, quiet toy to have around the house and great for imaginative play.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bin doesn't stay snug, November 20, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
The garbage bin does not hold tight to the prongs. But I added a 1/2 " pc of soft velco (with sticky backing) to each prong and that holds the bin on better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a success!, March 16, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
Grandson 2 1/2 year old loved it. We got some small nuts in shell, little glass pebbles and other stuff to make a pretend garbage so he can collect them and put it inside the truck. He can play a long time with this truck amazed how it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars I was so excited...., January 30, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
I bought this toy for my son, it got there on time. It's a good size for a 2 (almost 3) year old. He's playing with it hard and loves it. The only problem I have is that the lift will pop off if you play with it too hard. They should have rethought how they constructed that part since kids of that age range are quite rambunctious. I am satisfied for the price though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well loved by 3 year old, some minor issues, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
My 3 year old loves this! He does have a hard time getting the yellow piece that holds the can attached, but has fun with it anyway. The only other issues is slightly chipping paint, which I've noticed with other Melissa and Doug toys as well- it has to be considered that he is a boy and isn't playing with this gently necessarily, but just a heads up if that sort of thing might bother you or if you have a baby you don't want eating chewing paint off siblings toys! Overall the toy is very well loved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garbage Truck, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
Some other reviewers were upset about the way the trash "can" fit into the arms of the truck but my son (4) had no problems playing (for hours) with this toy. He has put other little toys in the trash can too. He loves it. I only gave it 4 stars because I would like to see a little more detail put into the toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and fun, March 29, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Garbage Truck (Toy)
This truck is very well made and will last a long time. The young boy that received this as a gift started playing with it immediately.

ARRAY(0xa36aef54)