5.0 out of 5 stars Hit with 3 year old grandson

1.0 out of 5 stars UNHAPPY
Published 4 months ago by Mike Hires

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit with 3 year old grandson, August 6, 2011
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Low Loader (Toy)
Melissa and Doug toys are usually more popular with our grandchildren than I think they will be. This one proved that once again. Our three year old grandson was going back to this toy during his birthday afternoon while we were there - putting aside the flashier birthday presents that made noise and were much larger. He was also using his matchbox cars and other small cars to load on to this low loader thus making more creative play. Definitely a hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome trucks, July 21, 2011
J. Felske (Chippewa Falls, WI) - See all my reviews
We love Melissa and Doug products and when we saw this truck, we knew it would be as good as previous products. We bought it for a friend's little boy and she reports back that he insists on taking it everywhere. He must have each small truck in his hands when they leave and he plays with them daily. We plan to get this for our son on his birthday. He loves working trucks so this should be perfect for him. I expect this set to be as well made as other M&D trucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Quality and Value, October 11, 2011
Chris P. "72669" (Brooklyn, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Low Loader (Toy)
There's something about a wood toy. Unlike plastic, there's the feeling of substance and the idea that it could easily last to be your child's child's toy. Usually, wood toy's are tiny, and I bought this for a three-year-old with some trepidation. But the truck and vehicles are large, easy to grasp, brilliantly colored, and obviously high quality. And the price was terrific.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased Consumer, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Low Loader (Toy)
My 2.5 year old loves this toy. It is very durable, has been played with in water as well, and was worth the price paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, January 12, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Low Loader (Toy)
I bought this toy for my little daycare guys and they love it! We've had it for a few weeks and it's seen constant use and has held up to plenty of rough play indoors and outside. The truck and machines are just the right size for little hands and easy to manuver. I like the toy because it is just that, a toy. A toy that challenges the boys imaginations and they can play with for hours without getting bored. That alone is worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Durable Low Loader, October 23, 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Low Loader (Toy)
My preschooler (age 2 1/2) absolutely loves this low loader... he wants to take it everywhere with him and he adores the little digger and steamroller that come with it. He will play with this set for hours- likes putting the two vehicles on the low loader and rolling it around to different locations where he pretends to "work at the construction site." It's also great that it has the two different vehicles because he can play with someone else- whether that is mom, dad, grandma, or a friend visiting for a play date. I am becoming used to the now-common refrain "mama, you want to play with digger and I will play with steam roller." It's not a question, he's just stating a fact.
I'm also impressed with the quality- I like wooden toys because I always feel bad about how easily plastic breaks and how plastics aren't sustainable- and these are really high-quality wood toys- I feel like they will be durable and last a long time. We can pass them on to other family members later and they will still be in good shape.

1.0 out of 5 stars UNHAPPY, August 24, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Low Loader (Toy)
I am very unsatisfied with this product. We have had it less than a month and one of the fenders on the semi portion have broken off and looking at it i noticed that that part wasnt real wood at all. And also the neck of the trailer the part that hooks to to truck has broken loose looking at that part closely it was attached with what appeara to me as hot glue. So therefore now i am finish nailing it back together putting about an hour of my time into glueing parts back together and popping finish nails into it so it will stay together.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Broke and splintered..., July 8, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Low Loader (Toy)
Broke with little play from my little guy... Splintered as well. Would not recommend!

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Aug 14, 2014 11:23:16 AM PDT
Dear Amazon Customer,
Thank you for your comments on the Low Loader. I would love to speak with you to get some additional information and help you with this. Please call me at #800-284-3948.
Thanks!
Beth Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always with M&D products, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Low Loader (Toy)
what can I say? this is a Melissa and Doug product! it's fabulous and TOP quality for toys; sturdy, fun and all wooden! No cheap plastic that breaks with light wear and tear. My son loves tractors, trailors, trains.....basically anything with wheels. We bout this for him for christmas and he along with other similar products plays with these daily; and might I add they've been through rough play and handlings and have maintained in all aspects: color, quality, etc. LOVE this and other similar sets....we've just about collected them all!

3.0 out of 5 stars good toy..., December 18, 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Low Loader (Toy)
This is a good toy, but I am glad I got it at a discounted price because the pieces do not stay on... I thought there would be some sort of hole and peg system, but there is not.... Maybe an older child could maneuver better without them falling off and the hitch staying on. My son is almost 2 and has to keep putting it back together, so he loses interest.

Melissa & Doug Low Loader